Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayweather wants more money

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
dmar5143
Birdofthad
gomez1012
4445Frank
KrazyHorseBennett
NBrooks5
Canvas
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Mayweather wants more money Empty
PostSubject: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:24 am

Big surprise. And so much for Arum's sanctimonious "we won't negotiate in the media". Pacdiva's people went straight to the media.

I don't think this fight will happen, and I couldn't care less.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28096
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:25 pm

You consider Boxingscene media?

They're a bunch of hacks.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Viruscene
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Pricing himself out.   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Well, they seem to have direct quotes. I can see how someone is disgusted enough to dismiss this fight, however I'd like to see it. I'm very frustrated with the behavior of team Mayweather. I don't think his greatest supporters can back him up on this one. He's pricing himself out. Also, please keep in mind that this is the biggest fight in boxing. If it doesn't happen, it hurts the sport. I've never seen anything quite like this in all my years as a boxing observer.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:22 pm

bitch move by Flod
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Pac and Arum brought this on themselves. Fighting Clottey was a stupid move from a business stand point, but Arum is so greedy all he cares about is matching Pacdiva with Top Rank fighters so he doesn't have to split the profits with another promoter. 700k just looks bad compared to 1.4 ....
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Canvas wrote:
Pac and Arum brought this on themselves. . 700k just looks bad compared to 1.4 ....

or the 2 million plus a Mayweather fight would do.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm

I agree it's a typical punk move from Mayweather, but it's also Pac's fault. When you get someone as difficult as Mayweather to agree to a 50-50 split, and then walk away and instead make a fight with a guy who is not a draw, that's a gamble. In this case, Pacdiva's gamble failed.

At least Mayweather found a compelling opponent and the buy rate reflected that.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Its also on Floyd

Pac agrees to what was supposedly the reason for the fight falling apart, but now its something else

Cant blame Pac and Arum for Floyd and his lover changing their minds whenever they feel like it
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

this isnt a surprise if you walk away from a 50-50 split and then do half the numbers Floyd did dont expect the same 50-50 split

Manny and Bobs own fault
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:00 pm

theres a big differnce in how the mosley fight was looked at by the public over the clottey fight..theres a big differnce in having 24-7 for a month and no 24-7..big differnce in having several weeks to promote a fight over a few..a big difference in mosleys notarity over clotteys.forget about this fight its not going to happen..give floyd a 52-48 edge in money guys but thats it..move foward.the hell with this fight.no ones interested in making it from floyds side and some on mannys side already blew what arum wanted..keep it out of the media..thus also hurting the possibilty of this fight..in the past there have been fights involving 2 greater fighters than theses two and the fight was made..this nonsence will now have one less ppv buyer of this fight if it ever happens in me...
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:07 pm

I think Arum is trying to get a response out of Flod/Ellerbe/Schaefer

All of them have been pretty quiet since he's been the one forcing the issue lately
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:54 pm

sorry Floyds constantly outsold Pac like it or not

Mayweathers the bigger draw and its not a shock he is a loud abrasive american compared to a quiet phillipino guy who likes to sing 80s karaoke
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
sorry Floyds constantly outsold Pac like it or not

Mayweathers the bigger draw and its not a shock he is a loud abrasive american compared to a quiet phillipino guy who likes to sing 80s karaoke

Both are proven draws, those #s shouldnt matter when the biggest purse in boxing history is on the line

50-50 should be it, no questions asked
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:56 pm

it was gomez

and someone walked away
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:57 pm

and got outsold
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:03 pm

And then as soon as this is resolved it will be something else. Yawn
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:04 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
And then as soon as this is resolved it will be something else. Yawn

exactly

@ bird: well its on again and who's reluctant now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:06 pm

If all this is true this looks like to me Floyd is trying to bitch out of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:07 pm

i honestly dont care i dont think this fight ever happens cause Arum is a fucking toad but whatever all Im saying is if someone deserves the larger percentage its clearly mayweather
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:07 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
If all this is true this looks like to me Floyd is trying to bitch out of the fight.

says the guy who cant admit Floyd was the welter champ

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:08 pm

First it was the blood testing being 14 days out and now it's the split? Should be 14 days out with a 50/50 cut, period!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

says the guy who cant admit Floyd was the welter champ

Very Happy
I never said that. I said you were trying to brag that Baldi was a good win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
i honestly dont care i dont think this fight ever happens cause Arum is a fucking toad but whatever all Im saying is if someone deserves the larger percentage its clearly mayweather
I just don't give a shit about the split. I just want to see the fight. Manny give in to Floyd's bitch ass demands and fight him please.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:12 pm

no i was saying he was the undisputed man at welter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayweather wants more money
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next