Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub

Go down 
+9
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
LA
oggy420
Birdofthad
SOKO
OU
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub Empty
PostSubject: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:52 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/5/25/1487090/middleweight-mess-does-joe-silva
"I don't know what [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva's deal is. Through my career, I've pushed for certain fights, and I don't know if it's Joe's personality or what, but I think he's not an Alan Belcher fan ... [Joe Silva is] cool and everything; it's just ... I don't know. It seems like I'm sitting there screaming: ‘The fans want to see me fight big fights.' I've got a big following, and I've got not just a flashy style; I have an explosive striking style. The fans want to see it, but he's not hearing it, man. It doesn't matter. As time goes by and I keep winning fights, they have to give me the big fights ... What do I have to do to get on a poster? What do I have to do to get on a ‘Primetime' show or when Spike TV comes to your school and stuff? I need to put a lot of work into this, and I feel like I'm on top of the game and there [are] a lot of fans out there that haven't gotten the opportunity to know who I am yet. I just feel like I should be pushed a little bit more, and I feel like I should be making more money. The part of my career where I'm at right now I just feel like I'm one of the top guys. I just want to get the reward from it, and I don't want to miss out on it. And if it's going to take more work or more wins or whatever, that's cool. I don't want to be here two or three fights from now in the same situation."
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:56 pm

I say give him the winner of bisping miller or nate
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:01 pm

ya just read that on sherdog, its funny cause hes whining about Vitor and Chael cant really blame him but come on man just beat who they put in front of ya
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:03 pm

sokolkevin wrote:

Nate is fighting Palhares. Okami is fighting Munoz. Why not give him Maia?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:19 pm

i agree they need to give him bigger fights. He's earned it. I thought he beat Akiyamma too.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm

thats right about nate. maja would sub him quick but then again he is asking for it. Do you guys think he is ready to crack the top 5
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:22 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
thats right about nate. maja would sub him quick but then again he is asking for it. Do you guys think he is ready to crack the top 5

I think Palhares subs him as well. Nate is better IMO. I think Bisping vs Belcher would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Belcher deserves a high profile fight at this point, everything is a little scattered in the MW division right now with Sonnen getting next shot, and Vitor waiting in the wings. Most/all other top contenders have fights. I felt if Wandy beat Akiyama he'd get a shot, but since his layoff would be pretty long, why not that winner? or a rematch with Akiyama if he loses? I don't mind Maia either, and don't think it's such a cut and dry Maia subs him fight. If Bisping beats Miller that would be fine also, think he'd take Bisping.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:24 pm

sokolkevin wrote:

Im not 100 percent sure that Maia beats Belcher. In fact I think Belcher wins with his stand up. He not only should be in bigger fights he down right deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:32 pm

I think he needs the bump, but he needs to shut up too. There are a lot of guys out there who deserve bumps too, but you gotta take the lumps that come with them too.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Creepy^
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:02 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Creepy^

Yeah that rhino gave me the creeps too.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Andrew have u ever heard the expression that the squeky wheel gets the grease? U almost have to tut ur own horn just to keep ur self in the minds of Dana and Lorenzo.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Good point tim.

Still, I am less than sympathetic of his tears when he says he needs rewarded with bigger fights considering he was given Dennis Kang in his hyped debut, Akiyama in his debut on the main card of UFC 100, and Patrick Cote, who was fighting for the title last we saw of him. They also made sure to air his prelim fight against Wilson Gouviea during the PPV as well at 107. Barely two years ago Belcher was being knocked out by the very average Jason Day and eeking out split decisions over Ed Herman. He only just now has raised his profile and reputation above the relatively mediocre Leben-division that comprises the low end of the UFC 185 lbs weight class. If the majority of his UFC record prior to the Kang wasn't a crapshoot of W-Ls against mostly preliminary card talent maybe he'd be further along by now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:42 pm

In his defense he did say he is now very focused and wants to just keep his mind on fighting. If he speaks the truth he is a very dangerous fighter at 185.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Ya but he hasn't been disrespected by Joe Silva. Silva made him one of the 10 fighters on the main card of UFC 100.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:35 pm

sokolkevin wrote:

That's what I was thinking, well Bisping only really out of those three. It would be a decent sell for the next time there is fights overseas. He might not think it's a worthy enough fight but why the hell would that matter?

Still like the Akiyama/Wand for a possible next opponent also.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:46 am

Belcher is ready, it's time for the UFC to throw him in with the Wolves.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:04 am

The winner of Bisping-Miller would be a good matchup for him. I don't think he's ready for the very top in the division yet. I think Vitor would crack him and that's a matchup we were discussing on here
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:09 am

Mark Munoz after he disposes of Yushin Okami. Hey, maybe Belcher can just say Munoz isn't a big enough name and continue claiming Joe Silva hates him.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:42 am

While he is at it Wolf, why not demand a fight with the winner of Sonnen/Silva?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:00 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Good point tim.

Still, I am less than sympathetic of his tears when he says he needs rewarded with bigger fights considering he was given Dennis Kang in his hyped debut, Akiyama in his debut on the main card of UFC 100, and Patrick Cote, who was fighting for the title last we saw of him. They also made sure to air his prelim fight against Wilson Gouviea during the PPV as well at 107. Barely two years ago Belcher was being knocked out by the very average Jason Day and eeking out split decisions over Ed Herman. He only just now has raised his profile and reputation above the relatively mediocre Leben-division that comprises the low end of the UFC 185 lbs weight class. If the majority of his UFC record prior to the Kang wasn't a crapshoot of W-Ls against mostly preliminary card talent maybe he'd be further along by now.

I agreed completely.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:25 pm

He should be thanking Silva for not putting him against the Spider -- he's a match-up nightmare for Belcher. I would like to see him face a high-end grappler, maybe Maia.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Alan Belcher wasn't on my radar 6 months ago. He is just now becoming a talked about contender. Wait in line dude.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:19 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The winner of Bisping-Miller would be a good matchup for him. I don't think he's ready for the very top in the division yet. I think Vitor would crack him and that's a matchup we were discussing on here

Yeah the winner of this should fight Belcher. I feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub   Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub Empty

Back to top Go down

Belcher wants better fights, more money and more pub
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next