Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103

Go down 
+9
LTFG
LA
Wolfgangsta
NoRegret
Farmer1906
chorky777
bobbitt15
Thomasdrrn09
OU
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 am

Rich is being used as a gate keeper. So much for his supposed LHW run. As if he would have beaten more than two top ten guys in a row there anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I have a hard on for u LTFG, bring that 98 year old ass over, and bring ur 96 year old wife too

99 now sunshine...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Dana said he wanted Vitor to fight Anderson before the event happened that night in some Q and A session. Vitor was signed by Zuffa specifically for a run at Anderson's title. And Hendo's already announced as the next opponent. As long as Vitor wins, no one else besides those two see's Anderson in a cage wins.

And LTFG's wife isn't 96, she's 56, and they got married when he was 55. Pervert.

So wait... Dana said during an interview prior to the 100 card that he wanted Vitor in the UFC and wanted him to fight Anderson for the title? How the hell could I have missed that? Give me a link Wolfy... I gotta see this for myself...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Rich is being used as a gate keeper. So much for his supposed LHW run. As if he would have beaten more than two top ten guys in a row there anyway.

So far all Rich has done is go 2-1 vs Hamill, Hendo, and Wand. While impressive, it is not enough to get a title shot with Shogun #1, and the winner of Rampage-Rashad #2 (maybe not if Rashad wins), and Forrest #3 if he beats Anderson.

Let Rich fight Vitor in Sept & once more near Dec 09, Jan 10 and if he's 4-1 then you'll hear his name being mentioned as a title contender.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

So far all Rich has done is go 2-1 vs Hamill, Hendo, and Wand. While impressive, it is not enough to get a title shot with Shogun #1, and the winner of Rampage-Rashad #2 (maybe not if Rashad wins), and Forrest #3 if he beats Anderson.

Let Rich fight Vitor in Sept & once more near Dec 09, Jan 10 and if he's 4-1 then you'll hear his name being mentioned as a title contender.

But Rich is never actually fighting at 205. If he want's to make a run at 205 he needs to get up there, and stop fighting guys who want to fight at 185 at a catch weight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:48 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Dana said he wanted Vitor to fight Anderson before the event happened that night in some Q and A session. Vitor was signed by Zuffa specifically for a run at Anderson's title. And Hendo's already announced as the next opponent. As long as Vitor wins, no one else besides those two see's Anderson in a cage wins.

And LTFG's wife isn't 96, she's 56, and they got married when he was 55. Pervert.

So wait... Dana said during an interview prior to the 100 card that he wanted Vitor in the UFC and wanted him to fight Anderson for the title? How the hell could I have missed that? Give me a link Wolfy... I gotta see this for myself...

Actually, I think this aired the night of the TUF finale, so it's been out there a while. It was during one of the last two cards.

http://www.spike.com/video/inside-octagon/3190612
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

But Rich is never actually fighting at 205. If he want's to make a run at 205 he needs to get up there, and stop fighting guys who want to fight at 185 at a catch weight.

Rich doesn't pick his opponents. It's not like these fights don't count.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:06 pm

Rich in fact has been taking some minor criticism for being so remiss to what fights the UFC puts him in. He didn't know the weight after he signed with Hendo and he had no answer on fights being official or later off the card until after everyone else knew. We, very literally, know more about his next fights than he does.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Who's he been taking criticism from?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Actually, I think this aired the night of the TUF finale, so it's been out there a while. It was during one of the last two cards.

http://www.spike.com/video/inside-octagon/3190612

Wow... Fair enough. Didn't say he'd get him lined up right away, but he wasn't shy about his desire to have him in the UFC and his thoughts about being a solid match-up for Anderson...

Now, lay off my wife... God knows she's asked me to lately...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:11 pm

I read something on watch kalib run or maybe bloody elbow kind of poking at him for that. Isn't it kind of odd how much of a company yes-dana type guy Franklin is. I think he'd fight Lesnar cause Dana told him so.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:11 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I read something on watch kalib run or maybe bloody elbow kind of poking at him for that. Isn't it kind of odd how much of a company yes-dana type guy Franklin is. I think he'd fight Lesnar cause Dana told him so.

Or maybe he'll fight anyone andwhere anytime at any weight class. Why the hell are you complaining about that? These fighters aren't nerds like us who know every event, every fighter, and every rumor. I read a Chuck story about how he asked Babalu when his next fight was and he was on the same card as Chuck the next week.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:39 am

I'm not complaining bumblefuck. You're a nag sometimes. I was simply saying that to show how disconnected Rich is from his fights, in response to the post you and capt made. But on the subject, he said after he agreed to fight Hendo again he didn't even know what weight it was at.

A smart fighter is on top of his fight negotations and shouldn't be the last to know when his fight is canceled or signed, or at least the weight it's at. "I'll fight anywhere anytime any body" That Liddell-Abbott shit is good to a point, but rationality at this level of the sport is also appreciated. Rich Franklin is non-rational.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 am

They very well could have not reached an agreement about weight yet. Rich and Dan both fight anywhere from 185, 195, & 205.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I'm not complaining bumblefuck. You're a nag sometimes. I was simply saying that to show how disconnected Rich is from his fights, in response to the post you and capt made. But on the subject, he said after he agreed to fight Hendo again he didn't even know what weight it was at.

A smart fighter is on top of his fight negotations and shouldn't be the last to know when his fight is canceled or signed, or at least the weight it's at. "I'll fight anywhere anytime any body" That Liddell-Abbott shit is good to a point, but rationality at this level of the sport is also appreciated. Rich Franklin is non-rational.

+1, if Rich's goal is to make a run at 205, he says flat out that he's not fighting the 185 guys at catch weights. If he doesn't say that, then he's not that serious about a title run. Which would be fine, he's still fighting the cream of the crop. But again these are not fights that set up a 205 title shot imo.

It's kind of interesting for him to say that he can't make 185 anymore. So perhaps it is just about a slow build up in weight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Ya capt. His build up in weight wouldn't take so long if he'd actually let his body grow into 205 completely instead of cutting halfway back to MW all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103   Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort at 103
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2