Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SF Challenger Series:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

SF Challenger Series: Empty
PostSubject: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:08 am

Tyrone Woodley won a split decision over Coy, but he really lost, Miletich was shocked as was Mauro and myself for that matter. Woodley was 10x the more talented fighter, but he didn't seem to like the way Coy pushed the action, to Coy's credit while not that great is a tough guy. Woodley gassed a bit and still has a lot of improving to do, I thought he needed a step up, but maybe he should take it slow just a little longer.

Lindland beat down that bitch Casey, used his wrestling to control the fight, was in trouble at one point, but really never felt he'd get subbed. Even though he got the win though, his punches were slow as molases, and if he fights a legit guy he'll be knocked out badly.

And is this Casey guy really putting "King" in front of his name? what a wannabe.

Last edited by tolivendiewithLA on Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:19 am

HOLY SHIT WAS MEZGER DOING COMMENTARY?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:24 am

Totally scratch that, don't drink and type, it was Miletich confused
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:28 am

NOOOOOOOOOO

you just ruined my midnight
hahaha

I was like Frakn and Guy at StrikeForce woahhhh!!!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:29 am

It was the M names, sorry bro
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:32 am

I hope they interview that Spencer guy from the Hills again now. That dude was so douchebag and we need to hear what he has to say now just to laugh at him. It would be cool if Helwani says "So you wre wrong and do you have anything to say douchebag?" CLICK!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:37 am

hahahah what was Pratt saying ahhaha?

no biggie LA
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:37 am

I want to fuck that dude up, knee him in the face then smash his head into a curb, then I'd titty fuck his plastic ass girlfriend and bust a load in her eye. (She's beat by the way)
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:38 am

hope you dont mind I switched the avs at 12 on the dot LA hahahaha
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:42 am

Is that Burnett? lol

Last edited by tolivendiewithLA on Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:43 am

Mikey Burnett
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:46 am

Sadly I meant Burnett, these fucking nams right now
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:48 am

hahahahah thats funny

calling Miletich Mezger then Burnett Burkmann

hahaha getting the Lions confused ahah

ya here is a bigger version of the pic I decided would be to big for a sig

SF Challenger Series: Mikey_Burnett

and I almost went with this one

SF Challenger Series: Mikey_burnett_small
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:51 am

What can I say, I lika to drink
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:57 am

haha nothin wrong wtih that Im rollin some up as we type and drinkin a Miller High Life 32

man I swear LA I live in an alternate universe

where Im from

Ken Shamrock was the first Heavyweight Champion

Mikey Burnett was the first Lightweight UFC CHamp

Mezger, Bohlander, and Frank Shamrock all have claims at the first Middleweight or Light Heavyweight UFC titles
depending on how ya wanna go

Im twisted but I gotta point

................atleast in my universe

(why the hell did I jsut say that?)

so was Challengers any good? I ust moved so no HBO or Showtime till June 11th
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:37 am

I had Coy as well. Woodley has all the skills and is a good athlete but i don't think he was ready for a grinder like Coy. I think each fighter won half of each round, so it was kind of weird scoring, but i think Coy won the fight in the last two minutes and the fact that the low kicks and the knees to the thigh obviously took away Woodley's explosiveness. Crazy that Coy lost that decision, in his hometown no less.

Lindland was in trouble in the first but the rest of the fight was pretty much what happens to Royce Gracie wannabe's in modern MMA.

I was impressed with Roger Bowling. That guy was fuckin insane. Even more impressed with Voekler's chin. Bowling came in with some prospect hype. Hopefully he learned a lesson from this bout. When you start moving up in levels against more experienced and better fighters, the whole balls out approach can be costly against a guy with an iron chin and no quit. Bowling was starting to get tagged in the third round and fatigue was making his bull rushes a bit sloppy.

Tarec Saffiedine looked good.

It didnt start airing until 11 for me so i kept dozing off during the LW fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:26 pm

had to turn the fights off before the Voelker fight. sure enough my chick kaboshed it. Like I said, I need a dvr.

From what I saw and from what I've read.

Tarec looked hittable vs a former big 10 wrestler, but did show decent takedown defense.
1st ko for a former kickboxer who is fighting relatively low level talent? not the greatest sign.

Voelker's previous fight was a great slugfest vs Apple in which he came back from the very edge of a KO, not surprised that he showed a chin here.

Although I'm sure sf would have liked to have seen woodley look dominant, he did get the win while Coy gets the recognition.

still a bit off but their prospect ranks at 170 looks promising.

I didn't have a ton of interest in Lindland, was sort of rooting for Casey. but whatever. If Lindland is to be a gatekeeper then Casey ain't allowed in the yard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SF Challenger Series:   SF Challenger Series: Empty

Back to top Go down

SF Challenger Series:
Page 1 of 1