Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???

Go down 
+10
Andrew the Raider King
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
chorky777
NJBeatdown86
CombatSports4Life
NoRegret
KingsOwn19
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen
1. Guy Mezger vs Kazushi Sakuraba
Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_lcap6%Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
2. Matt Hammill vs Michael Bisping
Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_lcap81%Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_rcap
 81% [ 13 ]
3. Mikey Burnett vs Pat Miletich
Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_lcap0%Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4. Bas Rutten vs Kevin Randleman
Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_lcap0%Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5. Ricco Rodriguez vs Pedro Rizzo
Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_lcap13%Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Empty
PostSubject: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:26 pm

I am going with Mezger Sakuraba

hahah wow im an idiot Rodriguez vs RIzzo is supposed to be Couture vs Rizzo 1
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Rampage Jackson vs Ninja Rua.

And the Lion's Den slurpage is getting to be a bit much, Bird. Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:40 pm

deal with it

also shouldve added Rua vs Machida just for shits and giggles

also I dont think you realize what big robberies those 2 fights were, watch em and youll see what I mean
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:51 pm

BJ Penn-Frankie Edgar was pretty bad Neutral

but i guess Bisping-Hamill.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
http://www.mmaplayground.com/mma-videos/video/kazushi-sakuraba-vs-guy-mezger-2520.html - Mezger vs Sakuraba

Taking a break at the halfway point to say that this is one boring-ass fight. Neither guy is getting shit done.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:58 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
http://www.mmaplayground.com/mma-videos/video/kazushi-sakuraba-vs-guy-mezger-2520.html - Mezger vs Sakuraba

Taking a break at the halfway point to say that this is one boring-ass fight. Neither guy is getting shit done.

hahah there wasnt alot of action but when there was it was Guy sprawling Kazushi, pounding him, or getting an arm and reversing Kazushi
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Okay, finished. And I've got to say your love for Mezger has completely blinded you on the scale of "robbery" this fight was.

On the fight itself: Both guys neutralized each other on the ground. Saku would get Guy down and he'd reverse or escape. I'd say Guy's sporadic clean strikes carried the fight for him in a close decision but a draw isn't a horrendous robbery. It might have been wrong but not a heinous robbery either. Technical fight, not all that hard to score.

Now if you're talking about the situation regarding promises of no overtime period, I see your point. But regardless, fighters fight. Ken shouldn't have let that happen. Guy should have fought the overtime period and stuck it up the asses of the guys that were trying o jack him in the first place. Look at it this way, he had a better chance of winning the overtime period than having things reversed via walkout protest.

Grand Prix was tourney style, yes? So if there is a draw, how the hell is a winner supposed to be recognized and move on to fight Gracie anyway? Sounds like there was some real shit communication going on there.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Honestly, there are alotta other matches on here that I would also need to have on...some I would have ahead of some of these.

And the Edgar-Penn fight wasnt a bad decision...its about 50/50 on where people's opinions lay on that fight for which fighter won which means it coulda gone either way. It wasnt a bad decision though.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Basically they knew GUy won and called it a draw

WHEN CONTRACTS SPECIFIED NO OVERTIME, Ken and them were mad cause they were flat out guaranteed in written contract all decisions would have a winner, no draws, and no overtimes, they ahd a fair reason to be pissed

They were gonna give Kazushi that overtime decision no matter what its as simple as that

trust me Im not blinded, ask any of the guys, they will tell you that fight was a robbery
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:28 pm

good man for watching and giving me a good opinion
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:30 pm

I agree they had a fair reason to be pissed.

But like I said, what did they have a better chance with: fighting the extra round, possibly dominating it, and winning it.....or trying to change a decision via walkout protest? You damn well know the Japanese weren't going to reverse it. Both odds were against him, yes, but he should have fought the round and attempt to ram it up their asscrack.

The initial decision wasn't one of the biggest robberies ever, IMO. The controversy that surround it is shady, though.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:30 pm

The worst in my mind was Ricco vs Noguiera. Yes the old Ricco was a stud and he did beat Big Nog. That was a terribly BS decision and one of the main reasons the UFC didn't want to fighter swap later on down the road.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:31 pm

and it was close that fight just pissed me off so bad cause I wanted to see Guy fight Royce

in reality Burnett vs Miletich was probably a bigger robberry, Burnett got numerous takedowns and knocked Pat down yet lost a fight that he controlled and kept Miletich on his back for the damn near whole fight, or roughed Miketich up in the clinch

Rizzo Couture 1 could have easily been scored 4-1 for Rizzo, Rizzo got immediate rematch , Randy got pissed, and left the org for a while

Hammill Bisping sucked and showed the flaws in the scoring system and Randleman beat up Rutten for the entire fight, keeping him on his back and cutting him up and somehow Bas walked away the winner
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Bisping-Hamil, just for Bisping's post fight jackassery (which Dana edited off the DVD to protect his U.K golden boy).

Nog-Rodriguez should be up there, Rico had total control at times, yet Nog still walked away with a win. That showcased the problems with PRIDE's scoring more than any other fight I can think of.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Holy Jesus Jumpingjacks Christ. I just watched Mark Kerr-Enson Inoue. How did one of those judges score it a draw when all Enson did was get taken down and pounded for fifteen minutes?

Pride was great, but there was some shady-ass shit judging.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Not a single one of these was nearly as bad as Chase Beebe vs. Mike Easton last year. By far the worst decision ever.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:11 pm

CombatSports4Life wrote:
The worst in my mind was Ricco vs Noguiera. Yes the old Ricco was a stud and he did beat Big Nog. That was a terribly BS decision and one of the main reasons the UFC didn't want to fighter swap later on down the road.

really almost added this one, my bad I should ahve
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:12 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Not a single one of these was nearly as bad as Chase Beebe vs. Mike Easton last year. By far the worst decision ever.

another i almost added just didnt know if many were aware of it
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:41 pm

i chose hammil and bisping cuz thats the only one that that ive seen, and it was fucking horrible
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:50 pm

good reasoning killer
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Out of the ones listed I chose Hammil/Bisping. I can think of a bunch of others.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:45 am

Michael Wayne Burnett (born April 12, 1974 in Tulsa, Oklahoma) is an American professional mixed martial arts fighter who was a member of the legendary fight team the Lion's Den. Burnett lost a very controversial decision to Pat Miletich in a UFC title fight for the UFC Welterweight Championship at UFC Ultimate Brazil crowning Miletich the first-ever holder of the UFC Welterweight belt. Burnett was considered to be one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world during his time with the UFC in the late 1990s

holy shit wikipedia got something right
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:32 am

Some of these are bad, but there is no way Bisping beat Hamill that night and everybody...EVERYBODY knows it, including 'The Count'.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:48 pm

I thought Bisping beat Hamill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???   Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Decision You Have Ever Seen???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next