Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?

Go down 
+6
Deezy0814
4445Frank
marbleheadmaui
KrazyHorseBennett
boxinglawyer
Canvas
10 posters
AuthorMessage

OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? Empty
PostSubject: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:35 pm

And still won the fight. Have you ever went into a night of fights just knowing that your favorite fighter was going to lose and then he won?

For me when Pac beat ODH. I was sure just like the rest of the world that ODH was going to kill Pac.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Leonard vs Hagler. Ray dug deep and did it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Canvas wrote:
Good call.
Back to top Go down
boxinglawyer
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Canvas wrote:

NO HE DIDNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Let's just say I made enough to pay off half of my car when Holyfield beat Tyson in the first fight. My greatest gambling triumph ever.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:29 pm

I really thought Finito was going to be in trouble in the second Bufalo Alvarez fight.

EVERYBODY thought Foreman was going to kill Ali.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Soonermark, my fav. fighter has always been the underdog in my eyes, even if he's a 15 -1 favorite.There's always the fear that he'll get beat. I think that's human nature. If not, at least it is for me.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:34 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Let's just say I made enough to pay off half of my car when Holyfield beat Tyson in the first fight. My greatest gambling triumph ever.
That's what I call a smart bet. The only thing could get me to Vegas back then was Foreman - Tyson (I bet on Foreman)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:35 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Soonermark, my fav. fighter has always been the underdog in my eyes, even if he's a 15 -1 favorite.There's always the fear that he'll get beat. I think that's human nature. If not, at least it is for me.
I always think my guy is going to win. Just like I think Green will KO Ward. Smile
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Kelly Pavlik when he fought jermaine taylor the first time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Deezy0814 wrote:
Kelly Pavlik when he fought jermaine taylor the first time
Yeah I thought JT would kill everyone after BHOP.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:48 pm

i still disagree w/ those decisions over hop to a point but you know i always contradict that by saying hop did just enough to lose both those and the fight w/ calzaghe
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:50 pm

As a kid, I always got nervous when Ray Leonard fought. I guess behavior is pattern forming. When Manny fights, I'll admit to a little anxiety.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:51 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
I always think my guy is going to win. Just like I think Green will KO Ward. Smile
Sooner, I'm going with Green against everybody. You've talked about this guy too much for me to believe he isn't something special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:54 pm

4445Frank wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Sooner, I'm going with Green against everybody. You've talked about this guy too much for me to believe he isn't something special.
Yeah in my eyes he is undefeated and with that power he could KO Ward in a hurry. I think people will be shocked very soon.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:10 pm

whenever theres a very competitive fight on the surface involving one of your favorites i think its almost normal to have some doubt which may be interpeted as fear...
Back to top Go down
TopNotch86
TopNotch86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Floyd Mayweather Jr., Timothy Bradley, Shane Mosley, Cornelius Bundrage, Jermaine Taylor, Bernard Hopkins

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:31 pm

floyd vs corrales....chico was a machine at that time...didnt expect floyd to beat him, nevermind beat him that badly
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptySat May 22, 2010 7:07 am

boxinglawyer wrote:
Canvas wrote:

NO HE DIDNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!
Aren't you a Hagler's buddy though? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptySat May 22, 2010 8:51 am

TopNotch86 wrote:
floyd vs corrales....chico was a machine at that time...didnt expect floyd to beat him, nevermind beat him that badly
I was worried about that one too.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:38 am

TopNotch86 wrote:

Was Floyd the underdog in that fight? Anyways my favorite that was an underdog and won was B-Hop against Felix Trinidad. No 1 gave him a shot pretty much including me either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:47 am

timthebim wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:

Was Floyd the underdog in that fight? Anyways my favorite that was an underdog and won was B-Hop against Felix Trinidad. No 1 gave him a shot pretty much including me either.
I like how B-Hop took his purse and bet it on himself. LOL
That is letting people know you are going to win.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Yeah he showed a ton of balls doing that with his own paycheck LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:59 pm

timthebim wrote:
Yeah he showed a ton of balls doing that with his own paycheck LOL.
I know he won a butt load of money.
Back to top Go down
boxinglawyer
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:43 pm

I was ALWAYS confident and CERTAIN that Evander Holyfield would KO Mike Tyson from WWWAAAAYYYYYY back in the late 80's. When the opening bell rang though, I was suddenly filled with doubt and fear. It was a crazy feeling, I was over reacting to every thing that Tyson was doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?   OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes? Empty

Back to top Go down

OK has your favorite fighter ever been the underdog in your eyes?
Page 1 of 1