Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breaking Bad(spoilers included)

Go down 
+15
mannyfresh
GolbeZ
cascade_run
Ziggy116
Ludo
oggy420
Thomasdrrn09
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
acccardinal12
KrazyHorseBennett
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
josh200612
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:01 pm

never heard of this show and I don't even remember this thread? Guess I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:02 pm

ive never seen this show either
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Jesse's character is perfect for the show. Aaron Paul acts that role brilliantly. The son with CP is played by a person with CP so that isn't even acting. The whole show is casted brilliantly. Does anyone know where I can watch or download the complete third season. Seen no episodes, just watched all 20 of the other two seasons though in the last week. What a show.

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Breaking-Bad-Season-3-Complete/4358f46db5f79d959d2c736aaeb6657af0e01ab81434
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:44 pm

thanks guys for the links.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Ok so I've only got 3 episodes left in season 3. Jesse and Skyler have kind of become lame this season but it's all planned that way I think. Bad decisions have consequences. There is no way Jesse survives the show. Though I don't think most of the characters will. Jesse selling drugs to a group of NA addicts though kind of contradicts his path he appeared to be on when he was dealing with the guilt of getting Jane back into drugs. Based on all the stuff I've seen from Vince Gilligan when discussing the show, I think they're purposely trying to make the characters less sympathetic. I am really starting to root for them all to have bad things happen. No matter what, Jesse and Walt cannot make good decisions anymore. Walt has all but lost it by episode 10. Skyler is starting to accept Walt's decisions I think. Her deciding to have an affair with that boss of hers who is cooking the books will come back to bite her. The show seldom if ever causes bad decisions to go unpunished.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:41 am

yeah well I was way wrong about a lot of that now that I've finished the season. Jesus what a show. What a finale.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:29 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
yeah well I was way wrong about a lot of that now that I've finished the season. Jesus what a show. What a finale.

good shit. better than movies.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:30 am

Now you know what we were talking about during the time the season was going on last year. Jessie and Skyler were insufferable in the first half of the season. Jessie stopped being so emo and became alright again, Skyler still sucks heading into season 4.

Great series. Will probably buy the DVD's somewhere down the road.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am

Elaborate what you mean about those characters. What would you have changed?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:17 am

No, I didnt mean it like that

I would have changed nothing. The characters were unlikeable at the beginning of the season but i was not implying that they were hurting the show or anything. However, with every show there are characters the shows creators want you to get behind and in Breaking Bad we get behind Walt. Jessie and Skyler were a thorn on his and the viewers ass for much of season 3. I said i couldnt stand them because the characters had become fucks, which they had..and that i'm sure was the intent of the creators.

I don't have a problem with how they were written, but buying into the show, the world of breaking bad...I didnt like the characters. No problem at all with the acting or the writers actually having them be unlikeable. It works. Same with Giancarlo Esposito's character, you like him alright at first but then you don't really for obvious reasons.

What did suck about Jessie stone faced attitude was that he wasnt funny anymore, but of course that was understandable considering the circumstances.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:49 pm

I agree with a lot of that Kings. I never had the chance to fully dissect each episode and let them simmer for any length of time though since I've watched all episodes starting with season one in the last seven days, so that is why Jesse and Skyler didn't bother me as much. I like amoral stories like this, but by the end of the season, despite all the violent criminal activity which is mostly forgivable - like killing two child murdering gang bangers or a emasculate purposefully unlikable and one dimensional character in Gale in a life or death, him or me situation - the two retain intense loyalty to eachother helping them remain "goodguys" in the TV sense. There is still an overarching morality to both characters. Which is good on the one hand, because we still like Jesse and Walt and are still rooting for them, but it makes all the amoral talk seem disingeniuous. Vince says he wants to decontstruct the characters and make them less likeable. That was certainly true for a while and I was starting to root against Walt, but here they are being moral good guys again(relative for meth brewing murderers) Gilligan says he feels the moment Walt smoked that gangbanger was when he slipped from a protagonist to an antagonist. I don't agree with that even. Maybe if Walt had actually sold Jesse out, but not otherwise. Aaron Paul seems to worry that Jesse's character is going to be killed as far as I can tell from a video on AMC. So does the actor who plays Saul.

Skyler is a different person now. Her involving herself in Walt's conspiracy and double life may have a lot of consequences. She is no longer an innocent wife - she is a criminal(though her kind of wink winking "I can't sign this as is" her bosses book cooking was also illegal) but also I think that may drive Walt away. Hisenberg demands full control. That is why he exists. If Skyler tries to control Hisenberg bad things could happen...
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I agree with a lot of that Kings. I never had the chance to fully dissect each episode and let them simmer for any length of time though since I've watched all episodes starting with season one in the last seven days, so that is why Jesse and Skyler didn't bother me as much. I like amoral stories like this, but by the end of the season, despite all the violent criminal activity which is mostly forgivable - like killing two child murdering gang bangers or a emasculate purposefully unlikable and one dimensional character in Gale in a life or death, him or me situation - the two retain intense loyalty to eachother helping them remain "goodguys" in the TV sense. There is still an overarching morality to both characters. Which is good on the one hand, because we still like Jesse and Walt and are still rooting for them, but it makes all the amoral talk seem disingeniuous. Vince says he wants to decontstruct the characters and make them less likeable. That was certainly true for a while and I was starting to root against Walt, but here they are being moral good guys again(relative for meth brewing murderers) Gilligan says he feels the moment Walt smoked that gangbanger was when he slipped from a protagonist to an antagonist. I don't agree with that even. Maybe if Walt had actually sold Jesse out, but not otherwise. Aaron Paul seems to worry that Jesse's character is going to be killed as far as I can tell from a video on AMC. So does the actor who plays Saul.

Skyler is a different person now. Her involving herself in Walt's conspiracy and double life may have a lot of consequences. She is no longer an innocent wife - she is a criminal(though her kind of wink winking "I can't sign this as is" her bosses book cooking was also illegal) but also I think that may drive Walt away. Hisenberg demands full control. That is why he exists. If Skyler tries to control Hisenberg bad things could happen...

Good take. I can't wait for season 4 to start.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:37 pm

I just bought seasons 1-3 on blu-ray gonna re watch before the 4th season starts.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Almost here....seems like a million years ago now that six Dexter, Five Wire, one Killing and thus far almost two Shield seasons are between these posts and now.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Almost here....seems like a million years ago now that six Dexter, Five Wire, one Killing and thus far almost three Shield seasons are between these posts and now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:58 am

Just watched the first 2 episodes over the weekend. So far I'm digging it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:44 pm

i hate it when I edit a post and i really just edit a quote of it.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 5:56 pm

3 day, awesome!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:28 pm

ill need a link to an AMC stream
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Fuckin stoked...

i'll be back later to give my thoughts
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:13 pm

I really wanted to rewatch last season first but I haven't had the time.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 pm

It's on!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 am

Anyone who don't want this episode spoiled...better clear on out the back

Good first episode. Started slow as i expected but really picked up at the end.

Like how Jessie appeared to be becoming desensitized to the violence going on..i thought that was a nice touch in the diner.

The box cutter scene was fuckin intense. I saw it coming though i'm not sure why Gus kills Victor. It may be because he got to the scene too late to save Gail and he is the security guy, i don't know. It seemed Victor and Gail might have formed a friendship of some sorts seeing as the usually emotionless Victor shows a lot of emotion when he see's Gail dead and i'm thinking that maybe Victor was going to be Gail's assistant when they killed Walt and Jessie. Might be reading too much into it but i'm sure a future episode this season will go more into detail about that.

Anyway, good start..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad(spoilers included)   Breaking Bad(spoilers included) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad(spoilers included)
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next