Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ufc Undisputed?

Go down 
+8
josh200612
JerseyStyle
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
MMAEYES
NoRegret
CainVelasquezFan
Cu Bu
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Sorry if this has been talked about l looked back 3 pages and didnt see it.

IF you pre-order at gamestop you get 4 characters.

last year at Best Buy I got a movie ticket $10 off a ppv(ufc) and 2 fight dvds(ufc)

I am wondering wheres the best place to get it (and get extras)
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:44 am

those are the two ive heard.. im opting for gamestop because i want that fat slob nelson!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:35 am

Cu Bua wrote:
Sorry if this has been talked about l looked back 3 pages and didnt see it.

IF you pre-order at gamestop you get 4 characters.

last year at Best Buy I got a movie ticket $10 off a ppv(ufc) and 2 fight dvds(ufc)

I am wondering wheres the best place to get it (and get extras)

Yeah, I just reserved mine at Gamestop. I'm still debating on if I will go to the midnight release or not...its not that big of a deal that I get to play it that very night, but itd be pretty cool...we shall see.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:08 pm

This game has been very frustrating so far.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm

i was told not to get it by my wife, this means its a birthday present but I have 22 days to wait
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:43 pm

NoRegret wrote:

What are you having problems with? I can't get it till the end of the week come on pay day!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:08 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

What are you having problems with? I can't get it till the end of the week come on pay day!

Well...lets just say XBox live and THQ fucked alotta shit up on the release...like the fact that we had to enter in some stupid code just to be able to get on LIVE...I had no clue about this until a few hours ago...and then the DLC code didnt work for the downloadable fighters.

People are already way too good at the game on live, I can barely hold my own, and I like to think im pretty good.

It seems like its way harder to transition in this game, and so far the connection in the games is bad.

Oh, and career mode is still repetitive. They made it better, but its still pretty boring after a while and they made it too long lol.

Still a good game overall though =)
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:17 pm

IGN only gave it a 7.8 rating
not promising glad I went with Red Dead over this

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1092521p2.html
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:51 am

The reports that I read that this game simply isn't an update of 2009 are downright lies. This is barely different in many many aspects that sucked about 2009. The first game was good in context but repeated playings showed a lot of frustrating flaws, and many of them are still as glaring as ever. I wonder if I can exchange it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

NoRegret wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Well...lets just say XBox live and THQ fucked alotta shit up on the release...like the fact that we had to enter in some stupid code just to be able to get on LIVE...I had no clue about this until a few hours ago...and then the DLC code didnt work for the downloadable fighters.

People are already way too good at the game on live, I can barely hold my own, and I like to think im pretty good.

It seems like its way harder to transition in this game, and so far the connection in the games is bad.

Oh, and career mode is still repetitive. They made it better, but its still pretty boring after a while and they made it too long lol.

Still a good game overall though =)

I didn't even notice you replied to me yesterday regret my bad I must be going blind. I can't comment on online play because I've never played online. But it sucks if it's harder to transition I'm gonna get it but these reviews I've been reading have me worried.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:04 am

For someone that never had 2009 is it worth buying , or just buy 09 ?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:18 am

JerseyStyle wrote:
For someone that never had 2009 is it worth buying , or just buy 09 ?
yes get the new one.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:22 am

It renders 09 unplayable, if it wasn't already. I like it more having spent the night with it. However the official strategy guide is an official piece of shit. They don't explain how to gnp effectively from mount at all, and I don't know how to posture up. Strong transition doesn't work, and all I do is that stupid mount to sidemount to northsouth to mount crap over and over that was so frustrating in the first game. Submissions have the same stupid engine.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:29 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
It renders 09 unplayable, if it wasn't already. I like it more having spent the night with it. However the official strategy guide is an official piece of shit. They don't explain how to gnp effectively from mount at all, and I don't know how to posture up. Strong transition doesn't work, and all I do is that stupid mount to sidemount to northsouth to mount crap over and over that was so frustrating in the first game. Submissions have the same stupid engine.
ya i cant posture up either like i could on 09 and it pisses me off cause i loved giving the hammer fists. i have a felling all of us will like ea mma better.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:33 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Thats what I've been having problems with, I think I postured up successfully once. Every attempt takes me to side control, its actually easy to mount but after that its useless...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Mount is useless and submissions are still physically painful on my hands and very hard to pull off. Fuck "shining" in the ass. What a frustrating game. The striking is better, the knockouts are all identical but less dumb looking than last year, but the ground game is even worse.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Are you saying mount is useless because it's hard to keep your opponent from escaping it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:33 pm

I only played the demo and even though I also couldn't poster up, I could still do damage and almost always cut the guy open.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Anyone seen a fight stopped because of a cut yet?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:36 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
ya i cant posture up either like i could on 09 and it pisses me off cause i loved giving the hammer fists. i have a felling all of us will like ea mma better.

My only problem with the EA game is I hate using the stick to strike but I already know I like the way they do subs way better
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:39 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Are you saying mount is useless because it's hard to keep your opponent from escaping it?
No, its useless because I can't posture up and rain down punches
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Guys...I too was having some trouble posturing up.

I went to my fight camp and trained with the creator of the fight camp and he showed me how to posture up...im still not that great at it, cuz you have to do it pretty much perfectly or it wont work.

I still have the problem of going into side control if I do it wrong sometimes, but other times i'm able to posture up and rain down some bombs.

you have to flick that right thumbstick DIRECTLY up and then do that minor transition spin thing in order to mount...if they block it, try it again and you should be good.

Last edited by NoRegret on Wed May 26, 2010 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:40 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Anyone seen a fight stopped because of a cut yet?
I did, busted open machidas face with knees
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Stopped from cuts? No. I cut the other guy 30 seconds into every fight too. Then again every fight ends in before the third round so there is never even a chance.

Same stupid "yo if we go to war we go to war homie" cornerman advice. "You hurt him bad three times in that fight"? No asshole, it was a round.

The ground game is the least fun of any MMA game I've ever played. War PrideFC on PS2. That is still the best MMA game ever.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

To posture up in any open position(one in which your not being held by the opponents arms by the back/neck) you have to move your left joystick up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ufc Undisputed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ufc Undisputed?   Ufc Undisputed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ufc Undisputed?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Video Games-
Jump to: