Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat

Go down 
+3
Canvas
marbleheadmaui
dmar5143
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat Empty
PostSubject: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:04 pm

"Got a few things to say. I want to personally thank everyone who watched the fight on HBO or came to the fight, all my fans and all Khan fans. You guys made [it] all worth it. It was a great atmosphere to be in New York, and to see it packed. And everyone cheering for me and Khan, it was a great feeling. I appreciate everyone's love and support. It truly amazes me, that everyone stands behind me, when things are up or when things are down. [That's] what you call support! I love all my fans...I wouldn't be able to make it this far without my fans and the support you guys show me on twitter, myspace, facebook, and in person. I love it, and I wouldn't change it for the world," Malignaggi said.

"I know me and Amir Khan had alot of words before the fight, but this is BOXING people. If you don't like what we have to say to each other than either don't watch boxing or turn off your computer. This is boxing, your going to see TWO fighters talk sh*t. I didn't invent talking sh*t, it's been done in the past, and it will be done after I move on from boxing. It will continue. But once the BELL RINGS, that sh*t talking goes out the window, and when the fight is over...THE GRUDGE IS OVER!

"I have tons of respect for Amir Khan, and I want to wish him the best of luck. He is a true champ and a great fighter. I expect big things to happen with his career, and I will be looking forward to see him in the future. He will make this sport proud! I wanted to win on Saturday, I trained hard. I busted my ass everyday in the gym. I was feeling great, but the better man won on Saturday. That's the way LIFE is, sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. I tip my hat off to Amir Khan. He showed heart. You never know which way the cookie is going to crumble, especially in this sport of boxing. My career was a rollercoaster ride, but I enjoyed every second of this ride. It was great!! If I had the chance to do it all again, I would. I love this sport, and I love my fans."

"I will be taking time off to spend with my friends and family. I don't know where my life goes from here. But I will figure it out. I honestly don't know what I will do now. I have a lot of thinking to do. I will take a long vacation and re-evaluate life. I'm just happy and blessed that my life turned out the way it did. I will see where the light at the end of the tunnel takes me. But for now, I am going to enjoy what God truly blessed me with, and that's the love from my friends and family. God bless everyone."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=27902
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:11 pm

excellent...paulie is a intelligent guy and a colorfull personality...id love to see him do hbo...he dony mix words.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Perfectly done. Classy but still with the identifiable Paulie edge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:36 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
excellent...paulie is a intelligent guy and a colorfull personality...id love to see him do hbo...he dony mix words.
I dont think I could look at Rupauli and hear his voice for very long.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:47 pm

lol lol good point.teddy atlas has the same effect on some people..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:48 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
lol lol good point.teddy atlas has the same effect on some people..
I like Teddy when he avoids the Pac vs Floyd topic he sounds like one of those Floyd fan boys over at ESPN when he does that.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:59 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

Rupali. Haha

I couldn't have said it any better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Canvas wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

Rupali. Haha

I couldn't have said it any better.
Me and ole Marv came up with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:17 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Perfectly done. Classy but still with the identifiable Paulie edge.

Do you think Paulie will be a good choice to replace Lennox on BAD ?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:23 am

Ali, you make a good point. Paulie was a class act in defeat. Honestly, how do you think he would've conducted himself had he won?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Paulie is a class act. His emotions get the better of him during the pre fight hoopla. Every time I've seen him in public and spoken to him he's been gracious and friendly. Quick to sign an autograph. He even went down to my father in law's American Legion post in Park Slope to sign autograph's for the veterans. All around good guy that comes off like a loud, brash, asshole. No different than most of us from south Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:17 pm

I've always been a Paulie fan. Hope he can land a job commentating somewhere
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:21 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Paulie is a class act. His emotions get the better of him during the pre fight hoopla. Every time I've seen him in public and spoken to him he's been gracious and friendly. Quick to sign an autograph. He even went down to my father in law's American Legion post in Park Slope to sign autograph's for the veterans. All around good guy that comes off like a loud, brash, asshole. No different than most of us from south Brooklyn.
... or Jersey guys for that matter. lol
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:41 pm

4445Frank wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
... or Jersey guys for that matter. lol

Jersey, Long Island, Eastern Massachusstts, Rhode Island etc. Basically the entire northeast.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Paulie does seem like a really nice guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Ali, you make a good point. Paulie was a class act in defeat. Honestly, how do you think he would've conducted himself had he won?

I would like to think Paulie would've acted the same way if he'd won.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat   Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat Empty

Back to top Go down

Paulie Malignaggi shows class in defeat
Page 1 of 1