Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you new guys think of...?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

What do you new guys think of...? Empty
PostSubject: What do you new guys think of...?   What do you new guys think of...? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Shawn Porter?

I've talked about him and hyped him up before, since he grew up pretty close to where I live, but that was long before many of you newer posters started posting here.

What do you guys think about Shawn Porter? Future great or not so much?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What do you new guys think of...?   What do you new guys think of...? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:18 pm

I have seen him before, he looked good, but too early to tell if he is a future great, but he was on the right track if I am remembering the right guy

saw him on ESPN i believe
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What do you new guys think of...?   What do you new guys think of...? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I have seen him before, he looked good, but too early to tell if he is a future great, but he was on the right track if I am remembering the right guy

saw him on ESPN i believe

Yeah, he fought on ESPN back in February and managed to beat a guy who had like a 10" reach advantage on him.

I think this guy is going to be a stud..but there is some bias coming from my point of view.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: What do you new guys think of...?   What do you new guys think of...? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:23 pm

I have only seen him once. Really short and stumpy and muscular for a 154 I thought. VERY athletic, good handspeed and combination punching. Still fights like an amateur (or at least did the one time I saw him). Bouncing around like the energizer bunny.

I remember thinking two things, one the kid has a future and could he make welter. Probably not, but I wondered if that was a weight room physique and if he backed off the weights what would happen.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What do you new guys think of...?   What do you new guys think of...? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Good points, only the future will tell.

I just wanted to see what some of you guys thought about him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you new guys think of...?   What do you new guys think of...? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you new guys think of...?
Page 1 of 1