Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

warriors in the ring

Go down 
+4
dmar5143
KrazyHorseBennett
marbleheadmaui
Deezy0814
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

warriors in the ring Empty
PostSubject: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:35 am

to me just a couple off the top of my head that were warriors in the sense of the word were arturo gatti and vinny paz. if i think of more ill post them but who in your guy's minds were true warriors that laid it on the line and left it all in the ring
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:46 am

Man this is going to end up being a long and glorious collection of lists. In no order

Carmen Basilio-Went 15 with Ray Robinson with one eye. When his second fight with gene Fulmer was stopped he tried to take on the Utah State Police.
Joe Frazier-basically fought his whole career with one eye.
Bobby Chacon-A better, and believe it or not, maybe even a tougher Gatti. I'll admit that is a strange concept.
Miracle Matthew Saad Muhammad-A man who EARNED that nickname.
Battling Nelson-Lost two40+ round bloodbaths including one where the fight was stopped when a blinded Nelson squared up to a ring post thinking it was Ad Wolgast.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:48 am

how bout aaron pryor to me he fought w/ everything on the line and said screw the count everytime he was knocked down, and was ready to throw down as soon as he popped back up. i also think if a lesser man took that shot that arguello hit him w/ in their first fight it would of stoned them cold
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:53 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
how bout aaron pryor to me he fought w/ everything on the line and said screw the count everytime he was knocked down, and was ready to throw down as soon as he popped back up. i also think if a lesser man took that shot that arguello hit him w/ in their first fight it would of stoned them cold

The Hawk getting knocked down by Akio Kemada, doing a back somersault, getting to his feet and, before the ref could intervene, belting Kameda is one of the unique things I've ever seen.

The Hawk was one true warrior.

You know who we don't think of this way but who was also a warrior's warrior? Muhammad Ali.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:54 am

yes he was he took a beating from foreman any way you look at it and still he beat and ko'd him if i'm correct, but his wars w/ frazier are what stand out to me to back up your point
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:56 am

If only for one fight, Danny Williams has my ultimate respect for fighting through, and wining via ko, with that grotesque shoulder separation he had.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:58 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
yes he was he took a beating from foreman any way you look at it and still he beat and ko'd him if i'm correct, but his wars w/ frazier are what stand out to me to back up your point

Fighting with a busted jaw against Norton, the wars with Frazier, taking the beating from Foreman. Ali was a MAN.

How about Tony Zale? Nickname "The Man of Steel" says something.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:59 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
If only for one fight, Danny Williams has my ultimate respect for fighting through, and wining via ko, with that grotesque shoulder separation he had.

That's a great call. Arthur Abraham's jaw deserves the same kudos.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:00 am

not sure who tony zale is i'm one of those boxing fans that isn't casual but i'm not a hardcore either so some names are unfamiliar to me.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:03 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
not sure who tony zale is i'm one of those boxing fans that isn't casual but i'm not a hardcore either so some names are unfamiliar to me.

Legendary middleweight champion of the 1940's. Fought three fights with Rocky Graziano that are generally considered among the most brutal series of fights in history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opHSUGJEECI
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:03 am

roberto duran
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:05 am

More recently how about Rafael Marquez? heck even with him staying on his stool in their first fight anybody NOT think Izzy Vasquez is a warrior?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:05 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
roberto duran

One of my all-time faves. But does the "No Mas" exclude him?
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:06 am

their wars are epic too, i know a lot of ppl dont wanna see it but i really am interested in the 4th fight between them
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:06 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
More recently how about Rafael Marquez? heck even with him staying on his stool in their first fight anybody NOT think Izzy Vasquez is a warrior?

Indeed. I'm actually kind of torn on how I view the fourth fight. The fan in me loves it but the human in me thinks they have taken enough out of each other.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:07 am

na he was gettin his ass handed to him so you know the no mas to me has no effect on what i think of him as being a warrior
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:08 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
their wars are epic too, i know a lot of ppl dont wanna see it but i really am interested in the 4th fight between them

I'm one of those folks. It just scares me. Both a little older, a little slower but both will still have their power and their heart. I just don't want to see a tragedy. They are so evenly matched.

But who am I kidding? I'll be watching it.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:09 am

i know i may get torched for this but IMO ricardo mayorga fits into the warrior category
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:10 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
i know i may get torched for this but IMO ricardo mayorga fits into the warrior category

More of a bully, IMO.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:11 am

Deezy0814 wrote:

I think he does too. So do guys like Tex Cobb and Jesus Chavez.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:12 am

god this list could just go on for days
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:14 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
god this list could just go on for days

Isn't boxing great?????

Jake Lamotta belongs in the warrior category, so does Thomas Adamek and so does Glenncoffe Johnson. Daisuke Naito was/is a Gatti level competitor.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:16 am

yes it is i wished i would have stayed following it like i did when i was younger
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:18 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
yes it is i wished i would have stayed following it like i did when i was younger

Never to late to rejoin!

I'm out, thanks for the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:18 am

katsidis could even be thrown into that category IMO he's show he has a warriors heart, cotto is another one he took beatings from pac and margarito and had the ref not stopped either one he would have fought til the end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: warriors in the ring   warriors in the ring Empty

Back to top Go down

warriors in the ring
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next