Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)

Go down 
+8
acccardinal12
josh200612
Cu Bu
GDPofDRC
oggy420
killerofchicken
SOKO
OU
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:18 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Law Abiding Citizen was great and Gamer was gbadass. I have a man crush on Gerard Butler since 300 so take that how you want. If you haven't seen 300 that should be at the top of the list

Law Abiding Citizen was OK IMO, haven't seen Gamer but you are right about 300 that is the shit. I bought it on DVD the day it came out without even seeing before. Did the same for Step Brothters and Talledega Nights. All 3 were good calls, all classics.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:23 am

Just off the top of my head...
Solomon Kane and Sunshine were good. The only Sports movies I have watched were Invictus and Blindside. I don't think they need any of my ratings to let you know they are both good. I liked Invictus more myself.

was this off of my recommendation?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:49 am

killerofchicken wrote:
the good the bad and the ugly
lock stock and two smoking barrels
Snatch
blood diamond
the big lobowski
kingpin
super troopers
idk its really tough to think up a list w/o taking the time to, ill get back later with a few good ones

Super Troopers was funny. We used to see how many "Meows" we could get in during a car deal back in the day. Good times
give me a litter a cola!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:52 am

Super Troopers came out in 2001 so it doesn't really fit in that 5 year window. But I agree it is a classic movie, very funny. I have seen it atleast 10 times.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:54 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Super Troopers came out in 2001 so it doesn't really fit in that 5 year window. But I agree it is a classic movie, very funny. I have seen it atleast 10 times.
my bad, i misunderstood ur OP, i kinda thought u meant movies we've seen in the past 5 yrs, not movies that came out the last 5 yrs
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
my bad, i misunderstood ur OP, i kinda thought u meant movies we've seen in the past 5 yrs, not movies that came out the last 5 yrs

No your good, if you saw it in the last 5 years then by all means post the movie. My bad, I watched it in probably 2002. But that is an awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:10 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Sorry man, I really want any and all recommendations you got. Forget I said anything about the time. You got a good movie I want to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:57 am

Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 7874_supertrooperssoda
I HAD TO!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:02 am

these snozberries taste like snozberries
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:03 am

now i wanna watch that it! better be on netflix streaming
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

killerofchicken wrote:
now i wanna watch that it! better be on netflix streaming

I own the DVD, that is a must have for any movie collection.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Have you seen the movie Waiting or the sequal Still Waiting?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:10 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
only seen waiting, for some reason the squeal didnt look as good/funny as the first one
loved the first one tho
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:18 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
only seen waiting, for some reason the squeal didnt look as good/funny as the first one
loved the first one tho

Ryan Renolds isn't in the 2nd one but I thought it was still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:26 am

have you guys seen The Prestige? i thought that was a great movie
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:28 am

killerofchicken wrote:

Nope haven't seen it. What kind of movie is it? Action?Drama?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:32 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

drama, its about magic =D lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prestige_(film)
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:03 pm

josh200612 wrote:
ali- just watched let the right one in last week prolly one of the best vampire movies ive seen and im a horror movie buff.

This movie was a pleasant surprise. Very good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:17 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
ali- just watched let the right one in last week prolly one of the best vampire movies ive seen and im a horror movie buff.

This movie was a pleasant surprise. Very good.

I watched some last night and then the rest this morning. I didn't like it at all. I should have just ripped the one with English titles. I got the one that said English was the spoken language and the Actors who dubbed over it were horrible. Still, the movie wasn't that good either. 5 out of 10 for me. I wanted to smack that kid for opening his mouth when he was in the pool. Who does that?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:20 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
Just off the top of my head...
Solomon Kane and Sunshine were good. The only Sports movies I have watched were Invictus and Blindside. I don't think they need any of my ratings to let you know they are both good. I liked Invictus more myself.

was this off of my recommendation?

It's possible, but can't remember for sure? Good movie either way.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:02 pm

With Sherlock Holmes i think it just wasn't what i expected. The whole magic and evil spell stuff through me off a lil and i found it a little hard to keep up with the story, but that could have been because i was stoned. But when the story played it's self out i appreciated it more.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:07 pm

oggy420 wrote:
With Sherlock Holmes i think it just wasn't what i expected. The whole magic and evil spell stuff through me off a lil and i found it a little hard to keep up with the story, but that could have been because i was stoned. But when the story played it's self out i appreciated it more.

I know what you mean. I thought WTF? at the start of the movie as well. But as it went on I thought it all came together well. I really enjoyed it. I was fully baked when I saw it as well, maybe it had the opposite effect for me lol. Maybe I was more into it because I was stoned.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:22 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

I recommend that you see any Christopher Nolan film. (Which the Prestige happens to be one)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:20 pm

American Gangter is a movie I saw in the last year or 2 that I really enjoyed as well. Public Enemies wasn't too bad either. Grand Torino was a great movie.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Sooners or anyone? Have you seen Enemy Mine? It was made in the 80's and is prolly one of my favorites from the past. Dennis Quad and Louis Gosset Jr are in it. It is a great Sci-fi movie and a great story. If you haven't seen it I would reccommend it for sure. You won't be mad that you watched it. I would love to meet a person that didn't like it. I just thought of it and thought I would share that info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)   Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie recommendation(looking at you BBC)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next