Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
KrazyHorseBennett
6 posters
AuthorMessage

2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo Empty
PostSubject: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:55 am

Lol. How times have changed.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:19 am

Two years later the same people that asked that question are still wearing protective helmets everywhere they go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:22 am

I was working out at the college monday morning and i heard these fellas talking and the first thing i hear "Hey, did you see the Kimbo fight this weekend"

Oh man, did i want to rant. Shogun vs. Machida and this guy is asking if everybody saw the Kimbo fight?. It completely killed my work out.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:23 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I was working out at the college monday morning and i heard these fellas talking and the first thing i head "Hey, did you see the Kimbo fight last night"

Oh man, did i want to rant. Shogun vs. Machida and this guy is asking if everybody saw the Kimbo fight last night. It completely killed my work out.

Not sure where you are from, but I refer to those as BW3'ers.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:24 am

i live in california, whats that mean?
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:32 am

Buffalo Wild Wings= BW3

Its a wing joint/restaurant/bar where all the meathead douchenozzles go for the UFC ppv's. They buy overpriced drinks and eat overpriced food and stand around trying to look tough in their overpriced Affliction gear.

They're the guys who think Brock is a bitch because he wouldn't let Frank up while he was smashing him to bits. Dominating wrestlers are viewed as pussies because "they won't stand and throw hands". The ones that start booing the moment things are a bit slow as if these fighters were simple pitbulls thrown in a pit to murder each other. "Skill? Fuck that. JUST BLEED!!!"
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:51 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Buffalo Wild Wings= BW3

Its a wing joint/restaurant/bar where all the meathead douchenozzles go for the UFC ppv's. They buy overpriced drinks and eat overpriced food and stand around trying to look tough in their overpriced Affliction gear.

They're the guys who think Brock is a bitch because he wouldn't let Frank up while he was smashing him to bits. Dominating wrestlers are viewed as pussies because "they won't stand and throw hands". The ones that start booing the moment things are a bit slow as if these fighters were simple pitbulls thrown in a pit to murder each other. "Skill? Fuck that. JUST BLEED!!!"

lol, those are the guys. We call them douche bags here.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Now that you mention it there are always idiots at B-Dubs compared to Hooters.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:19 pm

I love how im having a conversation about mma with this kid i work with, rather talking about a ufc event. Then he's like "yo have you ever heard of this crazy russian fighter? I cant think oh his name, hardly anyone has ever heard of him". Instantly i thought Fedor but i gave him time. I was like yo i follow this shit like crazy i know all the fighters. He's like "no man only one other person i know has ever even heard of him, fuck i cant think of his name". Im like "umm... Fedor?". "oh yea dude Fedor!". "He's really fucking good man you need to see his fights!". No shit really?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:39 pm

oggy420 wrote:
I love how im having a conversation about mma with this kid i work with, rather talking about a ufc event. Then he's like "yo have you ever heard of this crazy russian fighter? I cant think oh his name, hardly anyone has ever heard of him". Instantly i thought Fedor but i gave him time. I was like yo i follow this shit like crazy i know all the fighters. He's like "no man only one other person i know has ever even heard of him, fuck i cant think of his name". Im like "umm... Fedor?". "oh yea dude Fedor!". "He's really fucking good man you need to see his fights!". No shit really?

Yeah i got guys I work with exactly the same!! Dude told me hey I heard Kimbo fought saturday night did u order the ppv?? I said yes and that the card was awesome. he then asked me who won the main event? I told him Shogun and he gave me the biggest deer in the headlights look u will ever see. I couldnt do much but laugh at him. He is a REAL fight fan he always tells me! Then he proceeds to tell me he cant wait to see Brock Lesnar fight Steve Carwin LOL! Fuckin Tools!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Tools? I'd say just uninformed. You gotta start somewhere.

I did run across this guy at BWW who thought the prelim fight showed before Aldo v Faber was Faber and Aldo. He was shocked Faber cut his hair and didn't realize Aldo wasn't Brazilian, but an African American
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Ur right farmer u have to start somewhere but it doesnt have to be talking with some1 who knows a ton about it and pushing ur thoughts that Tank Abbott should win every fight cause he likes drinking beer LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo   2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo Empty

Back to top Go down

2 years ago people were asking Brock or Kimbo
Page 1 of 1