Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?

Go down 
+7
GDPofDRC
KrazyHorseBennett
acccardinal12
Birdofthad
Ludo
OU
captain organic
11 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? Empty
PostSubject: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Certainly he brought some eyeballs to tuf, and he brought at least a couple to his 1st fight. Compare that to what he got paid and Im sure the UFC did quite well in that deal.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:11 pm

captain organic wrote:
Certainly he brought some eyeballs to tuf, and he brought at least a couple to his 1st fight. Compare that to what he got paid and Im sure the UFC did quite well in that deal.

I'm sure Dana gave him a little chunk. Will Kimbo help with the video game sells? Even just a tiny bit?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Of course, everyone will buy the game so they can knock his ass out for days on end.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:39 pm

sucks for Kimbo he should hurry the fuck up, sign with SF and get in the EA game as well
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:16 am

captain organic wrote:

That was my point when I asked why he got cut. Of course everyone answered me like I thought he deserved to fight more in the UFC because he was good. Some guys in the hood will be buying the game and playing as Kimbo Slice and you can bet on that. He was the guy that could beat Liddell a few years ago????
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:03 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

That was my point when I asked why he got cut. Of course everyone answered me like I thought he deserved to fight more in the UFC because he was good. Some guys in the hood will be buying the game and playing as Kimbo Slice and you can bet on that. He was the guy that could beat Liddell a few years ago????

So Dana was supposed to keep the circus around simply because of that?

This is a business. Dana has to balance in his mind as to how much circus he can deal with vs actual fighter/talent production. If Kimbo proved that he could at least halfway cut it, the sideshow would have stayed. But he can't. He sucks, PERIOD. All of these people acting like Dana should have 'stayed loyal' to Kimbo need to get over their emotional attachment to Slice or not let their Dana hate blind them. What is Dana supposed to do? Keep trotting him out there to get his ass kicked? Fix some fights for him like Gary Shaw attempted to do with Kimbo vs Petruzilli?

Shit, I think Dana is a gaping blowhole douchebag but both of the decisions he made Saturday were right proper.

Last edited by KrazyHorseBennett on Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:43 am

I usually hate what i perceive from Dana to be a money above almost all else attitude. I give him props for shit canning Kimbo. He is basically saying Kimbo is not goo enough of a fighter for him to be interested in making money off of him anymore, he taints.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:06 am

You can bad mouth DW all you want but it has been due to his efforts (and Franks money and contacts) that the UFC is the number one MMA product worldwide, if we don't include the M-1 people in the discussion. Dana doesn't take shit from fighters that don't produce, even the good ones, say hi Anderson. The rule of thumb is go out there and fight your ass off, entertain the crowd and don't look stupid or lazy doing it, Tim Sylvia, can you hear me? DW gives props to losing fighters all the time, because they work hard for it and are loyal to the company and because of it Dana tends to be loyal to them. Why else would Dana give a bonus check for 200K to Rua after he lost to Machida the first time? He knows that Rua gave a hell of a fight and he wanted to keep the guy happy. The belt would have been nice, but wow, you can spend $200,000 on the wife!
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:18 am

Dana White is the one and only reason Strikeforce is relivant.

He lucked into the UFC's success. He was running the UFC into the ground until the rest of Zuffa started the reality show. It is well documented that Dana White was against TUF. So how does Dana have anything to do with the UFC's success?

Take an MBA class. Nothing Dana does passes for good management.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:09 am

Did anyone else almost pity Kimbo in that fight? That guy was dismantled -- Dana may just be cutting him to keep him from fighting in the UFC. There's no one in the organization that couldn't just do the same.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:31 am

Birdofthad wrote:
sucks for Kimbo he should hurry the fuck up, sign with SF and get in the EA game as well

Since he's in the UFC game he signed his likeness away and I'm pretty sure he can't be in any others without the UFC's approval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?   How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much $$$ did Kimbo make 4 the UFC?
Page 1 of 1