Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
dmar5143
LA
timthebim
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland Empty
PostSubject: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Looks like the SUPER SIX showdown between Arthur Abraham and Carl Froch will take place on August 21. Both fighters have objected to fighting on the other man’s turf, so neutral sites in Switzerland are being explored. New York City had been suggested by the Froch camp, however the tournament contract specifies a location in a European time zone.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/boxing-buzz-44-44918
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:31 am

Should be a good fight and Froch really could use this win to get back on track.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:23 am

Don't think he'd get it
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Me either but he needs it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:29 pm

I use to think Abraham was a beast, but to be honest, I think I allowed myself to get sucked into the hype. Sure he's a devastating puncher with a rock solid chin, however Abe is a very slow starter who seems to detest body shots. I think Carl has chance to outbox him, whether he gets a decision abroad is another question.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:20 am

i love this matchup..someone is going down..who i dont know .
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Abraham can really turn it up though. In the Dirrell fight, he really started landing and hurting DIrrell and if he didnt get himself DQ'd, i would not have been suprised if he knocked him out at some point in that round or the last round. The fight was heading that way.

I think Froch wins because Abraham likes to spot his oppenents 5-6 rounds before he gets going and i think Froch chin is too strong and we can't forget that Froch also gets better as the fight goes on.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:25 pm

good points. AA cannot aford to give the first part of the fight away...
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:51 pm

I'll lose all respect for these two if they don't fight.

To agree to this tournament and then not follow through would be heinous by both guys.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:59 pm

yes..to much is made of fighting in a guys home turf..no problem..sam langford fought a guy in england and they asked why..why do you think you can win there..sam said because i brought my own ref..they said sam you cant do that bring your own ref..sam held up both his closed fists and said heres my ref...do the fight..sam would.and he clean both these guys clocks real good.loil.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:08 pm

It should go to the site that comes up with the most $.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Neutral site is the best way for the fighters but can they garner live gate profit outside of each other's home towns? I think they can and the fight should be on neutral ground.
Back to top Go down
Joel_A

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:56 pm

I wonder if a neutral site will bring in the most fans? I highly doubt it.

Then again, it couldn't be worse than the attendance at Joe Louis for the AA-Dirrell fight. I think they had about 2000 fans max.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:32 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Abraham can really turn it up though. In the Dirrell fight, he really started landing and hurting DIrrell and if he didnt get himself DQ'd, i would not have been suprised if he knocked him out at some point in that round or the last round. The fight was heading that way.

I think Froch wins because Abraham likes to spot his oppenents 5-6 rounds before he gets going and i think Froch chin is too strong and we can't forget that Froch also gets better as the fight goes on.

Great points King.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland   Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland Empty

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham to possibly be staged in Switzerland
Page 1 of 1