Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off ! Empty
PostSubject: Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off !   Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off ! EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Elias Nassar, manager of WBC/WBA super flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan (34-2-1, 27 KOs), has contacted Fightnews to advise that negotiations for rematch with Nonito Donaire have collapsed. Nassar said the Donaire camp have failed to sign the contract after six weeks and they are now back to square one. Vic Darchinyan also stated he is disappointed in Nonito Donaire’s failure to sign the contract. “We signed the deal two days into talks,” said Nassar. “We were there waiting for Donaire to make up his mind on what he wanted to do. It’s easy to point the finger at who didn’t want the fight. It’s the party who doesn’t sign a contract.”

He continued, “This rematch has taken six weeks to travel nowhere. We made contact with Donaire’s camp when initial talks began to made sure we didn’t waste time in negotiations and now six weeks later we are back to square one. Donaire was shooting his mouth off how his punch wasnt lucky the first time round. We signed the contract after two days into negotiations. We have been made to wait for no apparent reason whatsoever. Vic Darchinyan’s last six fights including, Christian Mijares, Joseph Agbeko, Jorge Arce, Z Gorres and Dimitry Kirilov have taken collectively two weeks in total to finalize and put to bed.

“We have fought the best of best thanks to Gary Shaw. Vic Darchinyan is not fighting junior flyweights like Nonito Donaire to make a name for himself. We fight the best and we will continue to fight the best. These types of situations are why MMA continues to make rapid ground on boxing because they are made to fight each other, sometimes in boxing it’s just wishful thinking. We apologize to our fans, the Showtime Network and our promoter Gary Shaw for wasting their time in trying to negotiate with a fighter that only talks about fighting the best, but delivers the very exact opposite.”

Vic Darchinyan also voiced his disappointment. “I dont know what to say,” he commented. “My whole career I have never experienced what has taken place. I phoned Gary Shaw every day for the last few weeks asking if we had a signed contract. It’s very disappointing.

“I’m the unified champion. I shouldn’t be waiting for Donaire. He thinks I’m waiting six weeks for him to make up his mind. I want to be a four or five division titlist, not wasting time for Princess Nonito to figure out if he wants to fight.

“Nonito knows what will happen if we fight. I will knock him out. It’s probably a smart move not to fight someone who will wreck your career. He’ll be found out soon. He’ll continue to live up to his nickname of ‘The Fraud.’ I don’t understand why you can’t sign a piece of paper and fax it back. He has been fighting bums. He isn’t fighting on network TV, so he can’t be making money. It’s very frustrating. At least you will be known as the fighter who didn’t know if he wanted to fight.”

Darchinyan will clash with Richard Garcia (21-10-1, 5 KOs) on May 20 at the Parramatta Leagues Club in Sydney, NSW, Australia. He defended the WBC/WBA titles successfully when he outpointed Mexico’s Rodrigo Guerrero over twelve rounds on March 6.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/darchinyan-donaire-2-is-off-44928
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off !   Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off ! EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Who the hell does Donaire think he's going to fight that's going to be a bigger payday than a rematch with Vic that would headline on Showtime? What a dumbfuck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off !   Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off ! EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:46 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Who the hell does Donaire think he's going to fight that's going to be a bigger payday than a rematch with Vic that would headline on Showtime? What a dumbfuck

Agreed. Bob Arum clusterfucks another good fight for boxing.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off !   Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off ! EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:56 pm

I didnt even know it was ever on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off !   Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Vic Darchinyan vs Nonito Donaire rematch off !
Page 1 of 1