Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe Rogan on judging reform

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Joe Rogan on judging reform Empty
PostSubject: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:10 am

"I think one really important thing we need is monitors...there are certain positions the judges are in where they can't see what's going on. It happens all the time with us too, where a camera man will be in front of me or a referee will be in front of me, and I can't see what's happening, so I have to look at the monitors, and if I didn't have those monitors and I had to judge the fight just based on what I saw, you know, there's going to be some stuff I miss.

When I brought that up to Keith Kizer, he said 'well thats why there's 3 judges,' which I thought was one of the most retarded answers I've ever heard in my life. That's why there's 3 judges, so one guy can f*** it up and the other 2 can get it right? That doesn't even make any sense. Like, how about giving them some monitors. Why not just give them monitors? Give them monitors like we have monitors.

We have a huge problem with the boxing people...people with no martial arts experience or people with no grappling experience. There are some people who have never been kicked in the legs going around saying stupid things like "leg kicks don't win fights," you know, or "leg kicks don't stop fights" and these guys are actually judges for MMA events, and that's a ridiculous statement, and this is coming from someone who is a professional judge who has judged some huge events, gigantic championship fights.

There are a lot of really intelligent people who are mixed martial arts fans who would love those jobs and would do a much better job at it. We have these people who are grandfathered in...they've been involved in boxing, others have been involved with Karate...it's difficult to get rid of them...They're like government jobs. You have to really screw up or be involved with a scandal [to get fired]." - UFC Ringside Commentator, Joe Rogan, speaking with Josh Gross about judging incompetence in MMA.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:12 am

Wow I always just assumed that the judges had monitors too. No wonder decisions get fucked. We need judging reform for sure
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:15 am

Rogan and Bas should be allowed to score the fights, just write Cecil Peoples at the top and throw his real card away.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 am

I don't care if they didn't have monitors or not, the guy that scored the BJ vs Frankie fight 50-45 should be murdered
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:35 am

ohiovol62 wrote:
I don't care if they didn't have monitors or not, the guy that scored the BJ vs Frankie fight 50-45 should be murdered

LMFAO you know it!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 am

Someone tell Faber that leg kicks don't win fights
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

Tell it to Renzo and Rampage(vs Forrest) too.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Tell it to Renzo and Rampage(vs Forrest) too.

AND MACHIDA... oh wait Laughing
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 am

I thought they had monitors as well and am kinda surprised they dont.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:05 pm

timthebim wrote:

That's my thoughts exactly how can they NOT have monitors!? What about when the fight is on the ground against the fence on the other side of the judge? They can't possible tell what's going on can they?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
timthebim wrote:

That's my thoughts exactly how can they NOT have monitors!? What about when the fight is on the ground against the fence on the other side of the judge? They can't possible tell what's going on can they?

I agree 100 percent. There is just way to much they would have to miss by not having a monitor.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Can they see the big screen from their seats?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Probably but I think they are so close to the cage they would probably have to break there necks to look up there to see anything.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I don't think so or else why not just make Rogan and Goldie look at the big screen too
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm sure the big screen is in deferent places depending on the venue
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:38 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I don't think so or else why not just make Rogan and Goldie look at the big screen too

Well it would be easier no doubt to just look at the monitor infront of you, I was just curious if you have your vision blocked for just a min could you see the big screen from that close to the cage? I mean Joe always has the fighters look at the replay on the big screen after the fight when they are in the cage. So I would think they could see a screen somewhere. If I remember right when I went to the event in Dallas they had the 4 sided screen in the middle as well as 1 on each side of the arena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Rogan on judging reform   Joe Rogan on judging reform Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Rogan on judging reform
Page 1 of 1