Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mizzou to the Big 10

Go down 
+3
NoRegret
OU
Farmer1906
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Why is anyone bending over backwards for the Big Ten -- it sucks now, and I'm from Michigan.

They can't produce national winners in football anymore [has more to do with the climate dictating a slower style of ball that doesn't translate when they go south for the bowls], and the stars align every season for MSU in the tourney -- Izzo's national title came as a result of Kenyon Martin suffering a season ending injury, while all the top teams in their region this year were upset.

Dude gimmie a break the stars align every season for MSU basketball???? They make the stars align by playing great defense and rebounding and besides what the hell does this have to do with teams joining the conference for football anyways??? The big Ten is a power conference that may have been down for a couple years but that doesnt mean they are the MAC or something.

yeah but there is only 1 reason and 1 reason only to join the Big Ten. $, no other reason plays any factor.

Well thats also a great reason to join LOL.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:13 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Why is anyone bending over backwards for the Big Ten -- it sucks now, and I'm from Michigan.

They can't produce national winners in football anymore [has more to do with the climate dictating a slower style of ball that doesn't translate when they go south for the bowls], and the stars align every season for MSU in the tourney -- Izzo's national title came as a result of Kenyon Martin suffering a season ending injury, while all the top teams in their region this year were upset.

Dude gimmie a break the stars align every season for MSU basketball???? They make the stars align by playing great defense and rebounding and besides what the hell does this have to do with teams joining the conference for football anyways??? The big Ten is a power conference that may have been down for a couple years but that doesnt mean they are the MAC or something.

yeah but there is only 1 reason and 1 reason only to join the Big Ten. $, no other reason plays any factor.

you are right...the most historical conference in college football has nothing to do with it. Whether you want to admit it with your nationally popular Big Ten Haterade...the Big Ten is still one of the most prestigious conferences in ALL of sports..not just football.

We are also NOT #1 in revenue...that would be the SEC because of their contracts to ESPN and more nationally televised events than any other conference.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:20 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

you are right...the most historical conference in college football has nothing to do with it. Whether you want to admit it with your nationally popular Big Ten Haterade...the Big Ten is still one of the most prestigious conferences in ALL of sports..not just football.

We are also NOT #1 in revenue...that would be the SEC because of their contracts to ESPN and more nationally televised events than any other conference.

Come on NoRegret, you have to know Big 10 is where the money is. They talk about it all day long on ESPN. I'm not disrespecting your conference in any way. Just saying the fact is, there is only 1 reason and seriously 1 reason only for the teams to move. If you think there is any other factor in the world besides money then you are just kidding youself.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
timthebim wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

Come on NoRegret, you have to know Big 10 is where the money is. They talk about it all day long on ESPN. I'm not disrespecting your conference in any way. Just saying the fact is, there is only 1 reason and seriously 1 reason only for the teams to move. If you think there is any other factor in the world besides money then you are just kidding youself.

And you are kidding yourself if you dont realize that because of the SEC's contracts with ESPN and such, that they are the highest paid conference in terms of revenue.

Im not saying that $ isnt the top reason they would want to jump ship, but dont trash on the history of a conference either...why do you think the Big Ten is up so high in $$? It couldnt have anything to do with the history of the programs, could it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 pm

NoRegret, what is the deal? Really? Yes you have a great great historical conference. It is a great conference with a great past, I'm not debating that. But the reason why UT or ND would ever go to the Big 10 is because of money. Now is the money there becasue of the great history of the conference? Yes. But doesn't change the fact that MONEY is not just the #1 reason, it is the only reason. That is in no way an insult to your conference and it's great tradition.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret, what is the deal? Really? Yes you have a great great historical conference. It is a great conference with a great past, I'm not debating that. But the reason why UT or ND would ever go to the Big 10 is because of money. Now is the money there becasue of the great history of the conference? Yes. But doesn't change the fact that MONEY is not just the #1 reason, it is the only reason. That is in no way an insult to your conference and it's great tradition.

Ok, just making sure I get that point across...im tired of people trashing on my conference and my football team...especially after last year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Ok, just making sure I get that point across...im tired of people trashing on my conference and my football team...especially after last year.

no prob, I'm not hating in any way.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 pm

yeah I know, but you know how big of an Ohio State/BigTen homer and nuthugger I am lol
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:32 pm

NoRegret wrote:

you are right...the most historical conference in college football has nothing to do with it. Whether you want to admit it with your nationally popular Big Ten Haterade...the Big Ten is still one of the most prestigious conferences in ALL of sports..not just football..

Thats like saying England is better than the USA because they've been around longer.

Dispite how much you love the big 10, they are not any better or worse than the big 12. Big 10 "Haterade" is a myth. Half of ESPN's college football crew either played or coached at big 10 schools.

Sooners is right. The only way another BCS school jumps to the big 10 is if the money is there.

Across all college athletics (not just football), the big "BCS" conferences are more or less equal. By big BCS conferences I mean SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, and ACC. Big East is Mens Basketball only, which is why I don't include them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mizzou to the Big 10
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: