[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Mizzou to the Big 10

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:22 pm

That is the report (even though some are backing off the story now)

I think this is the 1st domino. If the Big 10 goes BIG to 16 then the SEC will follow and at worst the Pac 10 will goto 12.

The end of the Big XII is near.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
That is the report (even though some are backing off the story now)

I think this is the 1st domino. If the Big 10 goes BIG to 16 then the SEC will follow and at worst the Pac 10 will goto 12.

The end of the Big XII is near.

TCU will be in the Big 12.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:08 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
That is the report (even though some are backing off the story now)

I think this is the 1st domino. If the Big 10 goes BIG to 16 then the SEC will follow and at worst the Pac 10 will goto 12.

The end of the Big XII is near.

TCU will be in the Big 12.

The only way that happens is if the Big 10 only takes one team.

I have a feeling the next few years of college sports are about to undergo some major changes.

tu is going to the Big 10, maybe Pac 10

OU to the SEC

KU to the Big 10 with MU

A&M to the Big 10 with tu, or to the SEC

CU to the Pac 10

NU to the Big 10 or Pac 10

TTU, BU, ISU, KSU, and maybe OSU all get picked up by smaller conferences. OSU may have a shot with the SEC though.

The SEC may also try to steal FSU or Miami from the ACC.

Big 10 also looking at Cuse, Pitt, & Rutgers

Pac 10 also looking at Utah, SDSU, Boise
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

wow Farmer you have a healthy imagination. I think you are crazy if you think the Big 12 is going anywhere anytime soon.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : The Dirty 330- Ohio

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:30 pm

I would prefer us to get a tougher school than Mizzou to add to our conference.

Sooner- He is kinda right man. I thought I heard somethin on Sportscenter about how the SEC is prepared to start a counter offensive if the Big Ten decides to start expanding.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:16 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
wow Farmer you have a healthy imagination. I think you are crazy if you think the Big 12 is going anywhere anytime soon.

Just think about it

The Big 10 is seriously looking to expand for at least 12, possibly 16.

The Pac 10 is seriously looking to expand to 12.

The SEC says they will counter the Big 10 if they go big to 16.

So if the Big 10 takes MU and Pac 10 takes CU then that leaves the Big XII with 10 teams and 3 better($$$) conferences looking to take tu, A&M, OU, NU, and KU.

It'll happen eventually
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:18 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I would prefer us to get a tougher school than Mizzou to add to our conference.

Sooner- He is kinda right man. I thought I heard somethin on Sportscenter about how the SEC is prepared to start a counter offensive if the Big Ten decides to start expanding.

Outside of tu and ND who is tougher than Mizzou? They're on the right track in hoops with Anderson and they're not too shabby in football. They were screwed out of a BCS game in 08 and have back to back North titles in 07 and 08.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP
Posts : 3124
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 40
Location : Houston, TX

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:13 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
wow Farmer you have a healthy imagination. I think you are crazy if you think the Big 12 is going anywhere anytime soon.

Agree.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!
Posts : 4548
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : The Dirty 330- Ohio

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
I would prefer us to get a tougher school than Mizzou to add to our conference.

Sooner- He is kinda right man. I thought I heard somethin on Sportscenter about how the SEC is prepared to start a counter offensive if the Big Ten decides to start expanding.

Outside of tu and ND who is tougher than Mizzou? They're on the right track in hoops with Anderson and they're not too shabby in football. They were screwed out of a BCS game in 08 and have back to back North titles in 07 and 08.

I think Mizzou is better than ND at football...so there is that lol. I think Pitt is a tougher team, and they've been rumoured to be coming in as well.

Idk...it will all unfold eventually.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog
Posts : 1079
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 34
Location : Dayton Ohio

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 am

The Big Ten should add Cincy. OSU will probably blackball them but thats who they should add. No way the SEC goes to 16. Who would they add?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 am

ohiovol62 wrote:
The Big Ten should add Cincy. OSU will probably blackball them but thats who they should add. No way the SEC goes to 16. Who would they add?

4 of Texas A&M, tu, Oklahoma, Clemson, Miami, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and/or Oki State.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 am

In 5 years we will still have the Big 12(well maybe they ADD more teams).
2 things here. Texas WILL NOT go to the Pac 10 anytime soon.
Seriously you guys are comparing Mizzou to ND? I know if you only look at the teams RIGHT NOW you can make the Mizzou argument. But come on ND will not be down forever, Mizzou will never, ever be on the level of ND in football. ND is a much more desireable team for any conference. Not just because of the the fan base, the competiton over a long period will be better at ND.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:47 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
In 5 years we will still have the Big 12(well maybe they ADD more teams).
2 things here. Texas WILL NOT go to the Pac 10 anytime soon.
Seriously you guys are comparing Mizzou to ND? I know if you only look at the teams RIGHT NOW you can make the Mizzou argument. But come on ND will not be down forever, Mizzou will never, ever be on the level of ND in football. ND is a much more desireable team for any conference. Not just because of the the fan base, the competiton over a long period will be better at ND.

If you read my post I give tu and ND a clear distinction from everyone else. The are obviously the 2 most wanted by the Big 10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:52 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
In 5 years we will still have the Big 12(well maybe they ADD more teams).
2 things here. Texas WILL NOT go to the Pac 10 anytime soon.
Seriously you guys are comparing Mizzou to ND? I know if you only look at the teams RIGHT NOW you can make the Mizzou argument. But come on ND will not be down forever, Mizzou will never, ever be on the level of ND in football. ND is a much more desireable team for any conference. Not just because of the the fan base, the competiton over a long period will be better at ND.

If you read my post I give tu and ND a clear distinction from everyone else. The are obviously the 2 most wanted by the Big 10.

Keyword is wanted, they have almost zero chance of landing either team. Not anytime soon atleast. Just watch and see they will have to raid the Big East. I know Colin Cowherd said his sources gave the Pac 10 0% chance to land Texas or ND. He even said he doesn't think the state would allow the team to move(Texas).
Not saying Herd word is law or anything, but he isn't the only one saying it.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:58 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
In 5 years we will still have the Big 12(well maybe they ADD more teams).
2 things here. Texas WILL NOT go to the Pac 10 anytime soon.
Seriously you guys are comparing Mizzou to ND? I know if you only look at the teams RIGHT NOW you can make the Mizzou argument. But come on ND will not be down forever, Mizzou will never, ever be on the level of ND in football. ND is a much more desireable team for any conference. Not just because of the the fan base, the competiton over a long period will be better at ND.

If you read my post I give tu and ND a clear distinction from everyone else. The are obviously the 2 most wanted by the Big 10.

Keyword is wanted, they have almost zero chance of landing either team. Not anytime soon atleast. Just watch and see they will have to raid the Big East. I know Colin Cowherd said his sources gave the Pac 10 0% chance to land Texas or ND. He even said he doesn't think the state would allow the team to move(Texas).
Not saying Herd word is law or anything, but he isn't the only one saying it.

I agree

But Mizzou, KU, NU, Pit, Cincy, Cuse, and Rutgers would all be pretty good additions. That was the BIg 10 could lock up more of the midwest (Missouri has a pretty large TV market) and then NY & NJ (they have the largest market in the US).
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 am

Yeah I think Mizzou is a nice fit for Big 10. Herd said that UConn would give them the NY market they want. They have an up and coming football program and top level basketball. But mainly it is the NY market they are looking for. I guess they like UConn better then Rutgers and Cuse, can't blame them because UConn is more well rounded(with the decent football program).

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10


Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:24 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Yeah I think Mizzou is a nice fit for Pac 10. Herd said that UConn would give them the NY market they want. They have an up and coming football program and top level basketball. But mainly it is the NY market they are looking for. I guess they like UConn better then Rutgers and Cuse, can't blame them because UConn is more well rounded(with the decent football program).

Mizzou to Big 10 you mean?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Yeah I think Mizzou is a nice fit for Pac 10. Herd said that UConn would give them the NY market they want. They have an up and coming football program and top level basketball. But mainly it is the NY market they are looking for. I guess they like UConn better then Rutgers and Cuse, can't blame them because UConn is more well rounded(with the decent football program).

Mizzou to Big 10 you mean?

Yeah Big 10, my bad.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back
Posts : 1191
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 38
Location : Flint, MI

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:08 am

Why is anyone bending over backwards for the Big Ten -- it sucks now, and I'm from Michigan.

They can't produce national winners in football anymore [has more to do with the climate dictating a slower style of ball that doesn't translate when they go south for the bowls], and the stars align every season for MSU in the tourney -- Izzo's national title came as a result of Kenyon Martin suffering a season ending injury, while all the top teams in their region this year were upset.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:10 am

boomer sooner wrote:
Why is anyone bending over backwards for the Big Ten -- it sucks now, and I'm from Michigan.

They can't produce national winners in football anymore [has more to do with the climate dictating a slower style of ball that doesn't translate when they go south for the bowls], and the stars align every season for MSU in the tourney -- Izzo's national title came as a result of Kenyon Martin suffering a season ending injury, while all the top teams in their region this year were upset.

Why? $$$$$!!! It is by far the biggest money conference. It is even close. It is 100% all about the Benjamins.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog
Posts : 1079
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 34
Location : Dayton Ohio

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:38 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:
The Big Ten should add Cincy. OSU will probably blackball them but thats who they should add. No way the SEC goes to 16. Who would they add?

4 of Texas A&M, tu, Oklahoma, Clemson, Miami, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and/or Oki State.

No way A&M, OU, and Ok State leave. What would they have to gain? FSU is scared of the competition, so is Miami. G Tech was in the SEC once, ended badly, the SEC wouldn't have them back. Clemson is the only realistic school, and S Carolina would probably make a big stink about that. The SEC is big enough as it is. Any talk on going to 16 is just babbling.

Schools that are going to look to move up are going to be the big time schools in smaller conferences like Utah, TCU, and B State. Teams in the Big East are a possiblity too however I don't think teams like Pit would leave becasue they play basketball on a high level and the big east is the best in basketball. Teams that are already in the big time conferences like the Pac 10, ACC, and Big 12 are going to stay put. Big 12 teams wouldn't have anything to gain from moving to the big 10. Hell, moving to the big 10 would be a downgrade IMO.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 am

I won't be surprised to see SEC make a push for FSU and Miami. Miami is still new to the ACC anyways.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog
Posts : 1079
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 34
Location : Dayton Ohio

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:46 am

FSU had their chance to be in the SEC years ago. They don't want too. UF wouldn't like that too much anyways and since they're the most powerful school in the SEC right now (between them and Bammer). Schools are very teritorial about this stuff. UF doesn't want instate, conference rivals.

The ACC added VT and Miami simply because they had to make a move to get better at football. The SEC isn't in the need more teams so I don't think they'll try for any of them.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER
Posts : 16809
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 37
Location : Detroit

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:51 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Why is anyone bending over backwards for the Big Ten -- it sucks now, and I'm from Michigan.

They can't produce national winners in football anymore [has more to do with the climate dictating a slower style of ball that doesn't translate when they go south for the bowls], and the stars align every season for MSU in the tourney -- Izzo's national title came as a result of Kenyon Martin suffering a season ending injury, while all the top teams in their region this year were upset.

Dude gimmie a break the stars align every season for MSU basketball???? They make the stars align by playing great defense and rebounding and besides what the hell does this have to do with teams joining the conference for football anyways??? The big Ten is a power conference that may have been down for a couple years but that doesnt mean they are the MAC or something.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:58 pm

timthebim wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Why is anyone bending over backwards for the Big Ten -- it sucks now, and I'm from Michigan.

They can't produce national winners in football anymore [has more to do with the climate dictating a slower style of ball that doesn't translate when they go south for the bowls], and the stars align every season for MSU in the tourney -- Izzo's national title came as a result of Kenyon Martin suffering a season ending injury, while all the top teams in their region this year were upset.

Dude gimmie a break the stars align every season for MSU basketball???? They make the stars align by playing great defense and rebounding and besides what the hell does this have to do with teams joining the conference for football anyways??? The big Ten is a power conference that may have been down for a couple years but that doesnt mean they are the MAC or something.

yeah but there is only 1 reason and 1 reason only to join the Big Ten. $, no other reason plays any factor.

_________________
Mizzou to the Big 10 Banner10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizzou to the Big 10   Mizzou to the Big 10 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Mizzou to the Big 10
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Sports Discussion :: US Sports-
Jump to: