Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fabers home town says he should retire?

Go down 
+4
OU
SOKO
LTFG
MMAEYES
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Fabers home town says he should retire? Empty
PostSubject: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:22 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/4/26/1445062/dear-urijah-please-retire-love

I can't believe this. The sacramento bee says they think Faber should retire because he lost. Talk about fair wheather fans. I mean I know they aren't trashing him but they all of a sudden don't believe the guy can compete with the best FWs. WOW
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah, pretty petty. So he can't defend a leg kick... He can still beat 99% of the FW's out there...
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Also they make it sound like Faber was booed at the end of the fight. I didn't watch it so someone tell me was sacramento booing Faber at the end?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:30 pm

faber to aldo is like franklin to silva. I want him to fight mtb again or gamburyan. I think a healthy faber beats MTB 3 out of five.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:38 pm

might have to change his nickname. "Oklahoma Kid" sounds good. Come on Faber, we will support you like you should be supported. Califonians are so ungreatful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Faber is still the posterboy of the WEC, if he came to the UFC he could be such a huge star. Look at what he's done in the WEC with much less exposure and many less eyes watching. Losing to Aldo is nothing to be ashamed about. They should match him up with MTB again. Both guys coming off losses, it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:54 pm

"Without Faber, the WEC would not have had its first pay-per-view event Saturday night at Arco Arena. Without Faber, the WEC still would be in the shadows of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Without Faber, WEC fighters would not make the money they do in and out of the ring. But featherweight champion Jos̩ Aldo delivered a message to Faber Рthrough numerous, painful leg whips Рthat should have come through loud and clear: Retire. Retire now, not after another loss in which you're cheered entering the octagon and booed leaving it. Faber couldn't beat Aldo on Saturday night or any other day of the week. No shame in that. Aldo is a young, powerful kid. He didn't even use most of his aggressive arsenal against a foe he truly respected. Faber has made Sacramento proud, restoring pride to a once-great fighting city. He's a true warrior who has survived many battles. Why risk tarnishing that image or risk the chance of injury? Take a bow, Urijah."
Back to top Go down
67Shelby05
White Belt
White Belt
67Shelby05

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Crocop

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
might have to change his nickname. "Oklahoma Kid" sounds good. Come on Faber, we will support you like you should be supported. Califonians are so ungreatful. Very Happy

We would welcome him in North Carolina as well!!

That is such bull shit. I hate it when people say they are fans and then when their person doesn't bring in the title they think he isn't good enough and trash talk him. I mean really, how petty can you be? I bet the person who wrote the article couldn't tell Faber to retire face to face. It was a tough fight and I am sure that they both were intimidated by the other a bit and then Aldo started in on this leg. Once Faber started flinching and wincing of course Aldo is going to keep on the same spot. Faber didn't give in and finished the 5 rounds. I mean this is the same guy who finished a fight with 2 broken hands, how can you not admire him? I am still a fan. I don't think he needs to retire. I think he needs to better prepare for Aldo and go for it again in the future. I definitely agree to the MTB match up.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:47 pm

He doesnt need to retire but he did take a beating!!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:19 pm

dude, don't read into it. The Sacramento Bee NEVER covers MMA unless it negative. So surely the guy who casual fans care about in this area they are going to attempt to bury him. Last time they mentioned MMA was the Strikeforce brawl and before that it was Brock's antics and Brock's antics only after UFC 100 and they said it was a huge step back for the sport.

There are a lot of true fans here that knew what was likely to happen but you would be amazed by how many local casual fans who would not watch MMA if it wasnt for Faber were expecting Urijah Faber to win the fight and had no clue who Jose Aldo is....Saturday would obviously come as a Kimbo-Seth like disappointment for those people.
Back to top Go down
67Shelby05
White Belt
White Belt
67Shelby05

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Crocop

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:34 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
dude, don't read into it. The Sacramento Bee NEVER covers MMA unless it negative. So surely the guy who casual fans care about in this area they are going to attempt to bury him. Last time they mentioned MMA was the Strikeforce brawl and before that it was Brock's antics and Brock's antics only after UFC 100 and they said it was a huge step back for the sport.

There are a lot of true fans here that knew what was likely to happen but you would be amazed by how many local casual fans who would not watch MMA if it wasnt for Faber were expecting Urijah Faber to win the fight and had no clue who Jose Aldo is....Saturday would obviously come as a Kimbo-Seth like disappointment for those people.

I guess that's true. I work at the McClatchy paper here in NC, so I should have thought about that. It is just annoying to hear people say stuff like that when they probably couldn't really care less, they just wanted to write an article to rub salt in the wound. I am sure there are a shit ton of fans out there hoping for another shot at the title by Faber. I had a feeling going into it that Aldo was going to win, but I was still pulling for Faber. Either way I am satisfied with the result. It is nice to know that a respectful fighter has the title instead of some egocentric prick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fabers home town says he should retire?   Fabers home town says he should retire? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fabers home town says he should retire?
Page 1 of 1