Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

God exists?

Go down 
+9
OU
Jruq
NoRegret
franklinfan2
Thomasdrrn09
Ziggy116
LA
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

sup jebus
Yes, the God as described in the Bible exists and Jesus died for our sins.
God exists? - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%God exists? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Yes, God exists but not as described in the Christian Bible.
God exists? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%God exists? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Ya, some form of higher power exists but I have no clue beyond that.
God exists? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%God exists? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
Naw, we like everything else evolved.
God exists? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%God exists? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

God exists? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Bigs... did you read my other post? Not sure where you stand on religion, but I said I don't believe everything in the bible, I don't believe in any organized religion and I think it is misinterpreted all the time. I don't believe that good people will not be rewarded, regardless of faith. I don't think it works like that, I think good people will be rewarded. I got to run. I'll check back and see what was said.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:08 pm

It's all evolution.

Man comes up with idea, man writes idea down, idea is copied in many different forms over time...

How people can think a book of short stories and campfire tales is a guide to live by in the modern age is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:12 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs... did you read my other post? Not sure where you stand on religion, but I said I don't believe everything in the bible, I don't believe in any organized religion and I think it is misinterpreted all the time. I don't believe that good people will not be rewarded, regardless of faith. I don't think it works like that, I think good people will be rewarded. I got to run. I'll check back and see what was said.

Yeah, I don't know. The thing is people misinterpret the Bible as being a religion when it's really not. It's a story that some people believe is true and others do not. Then those who believed it formed cliques who interpreted what the Bible meant in different ways. Then they named their cliques: (Baptist, Episopalian, Catholic, etc.); and some of the cliques even wrote a subtext to go with the Bible so they could further skew what was meant by the text (Mormons). So...the Bible is not a religion, it's a book that you can either believe or not. Religion accounts for a lot of the negativity surrounding the Bible.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Bigs...OK, Bigs I agree with that. But do you believe there is a god of some form?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:24 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs...OK, Bigs I agree with that. But do you believe there is a god of some form?

I believe in the God of the Bible.

Oh...and that Jesus guy, too.

Also, I love MMA, which is really the only thing we all need to agree on here to have spectacular conversation!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:36 pm

like i always say on this topic i believe in a higher presence, but i dont believe that jesus christ is god, when you think about it evolution already kills the bibles story. All that bull shit about the earth being 6,000 years old. What about all the scientific evidence that proves the earth is much older that that by at least several million years? Ohh thats right the devil put that stuff there to test our faith in Jesus right? People who preach the bible are hypocrits. If you are a true catholic by the standards of the bible should be absolutley against gay people and not have sex before you are married. I went to ccd got confirmed, all that shit. Still dont believe in it and i do believe in evolution 100% but i also believe that there is a higher presence and that there is (hopefully) some sort of afterlife.

Would hot bitches cold beer and gardens of the finest Marijuana be too much to ask for? Maybe a couple bottles of jagger? Amen.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:42 pm

oggy420 wrote:
like i always say on this topic i believe in a higher presence, but i dont believe that jesus christ is god, when you think about it evolution already kills the bibles story. All that bull shit about the earth being 6,000 years old. What about all the scientific evidence that proves the earth is much older that that by at least several million years? Ohh thats right the devil put that stuff there to test our faith in Jesus right? People who preach the bible are hypocrits. If you are a true catholic by the standards of the bible should be absolutley against gay people and not have sex before you are married. I went to ccd got confirmed, all that shit. Still dont believe in it and i do believe in evolution 100% but i also believe that there is a higher presence and that there is (hopefully) some sort of afterlife.

Would hot bitches cold beer and gardens of the finest Marijuana be too much to ask for? Maybe a couple bottles of jagger? Amen.

That statement can't possibly be true.

Also, Catholicism is one religion that takes the Bible out of context in many instances. The Bible is not called the Catholicle for a reason, it is wholly seperate from the religion of Catholicism...or any other religion for that matter.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:53 pm

It can't be possibly true that Christians are hypocrites?!?

You mean the same people that preach love and tolerance, then segregate populations and attack weaker entities for their resources? Those people???
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Could not have put it any better myself man. Completly agree. IV'e been confirmend and all that crap but share the same beliefs as you.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm

joshkellerseattle wrote:
It can't be possibly true that Christians are hypocrites?!?

You mean the same people that preach love and tolerance, then segregate populations and attack weaker entities for their resources? Those people???

The statement he made can't possibly be true. It's an all inclusive statement and it's not true. There are certainly a lot of Christians who are hypocritical, however, not all of them. Many Christians give Christianity a bad name. That statement would be like saying all MMA fights are boring wrestling matches...or that all priests are child molesters...or that all queers are feminine...

All inclusive or all exclusive statements are almost never true, that's all I was saying.

Humans are not perfect, I'm sure this is not news to you. Christians are no different. I'm not defending Christians or religion. I don't even like religion. I go to a church called Woodlands Church...no religious affiliation needed. My church preaches the Bible, not religion.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything but I'll defend the Bible because it's what I believe.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:15 am

My mom's Jewish, (which makes me Jewish by default.) Anyhow, she often goes to a Unitarian church. Unitarian churches are pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 pm

for the record i've seen a ufo, either that or some top secret military shit, but probably aliens.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Humans believe in higher powers, religions, aliens and ghosts all for the same reasons - believe in super-natural stuff is hard wired into the human brain thanks to an evolutionary requirement that humans, a thinking ape not governed by instincts, needed something to bring stability to a chaotic and unexplainable world where emotions and curiosity are at play like no animal before had ever seen.

Remember - our instincts do not serve us in a modern context as they were created for a species that lived in cave man settings.

Wolfy, did you just say that our instincts were created??? I totally agree. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Evolution vs. Creationism ask yourself what really sounds more likely
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 pm

dont tell me what i saw wolfy, i know what i saw. An object hovering over the lake changing covers moving faster than anything i have ever seen. It noticed us too, got really close, then shot off into the sky faster than anything i have ever seen. UFO's are regularly seen over lake champlain you can look it up. If you saw what i saw you wouldn't doubt.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 am

oggy420 wrote:
for the record i've seen a ufo, either that or some top secret military shit, but probably aliens.
More likely you were high as shit Weed and saw a stealth bomber
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am

naa man i think this really was some other shit. And do stealth bombers usually do fly by's at lake champlain at 1 in the morning?
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:17 am

oggy420 wrote:
naa man i think this really was some other shit. And do stealth bombers usually do fly by's at lake champlain at 1 in the morning?
Yah, you didn't know? They installed colored lights on the bomber to mess with the stoners too.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:24 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:59 pm

I'd believe in aliens long before I ever would believe in God.

When you really think about it, it's quite ignorant and elitist to think we're the ONLY living forms out there. More than likely, we're the Alabama of the universe and they don't want us to catch on...

Or you could change that to the Mississippi of the universe, Andrew! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God exists?   God exists? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

God exists?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: