Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K

Go down 
+2
SOKO
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K Empty
PostSubject: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:42 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/4/9/1412781/court-orders-ken-shamrock-to-pay
UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock came up short in a bid to sue his former employer for not allowing him to complete the second and final fight of his UFC contract.

And now the courts are making him reimburse Zuffa for $175,000 spent in legal fees.

In a lawsuit filed back in 2008, "The World's Most Dangerous Man" claimed he made a two-fight deal with the UFC that would allow him a second fight after finishing his trilogy with Tito Ortiz at UFC: The Final Chapter back in October of 2006.

Shamrock had the option of not fighting for a second time if he chose to retire after his final bout with Ortiz (which he did). Then in June of 2007, Shamrock had a change of heart and tried to return to the Octagon for his second fight but the UFC had already moved on, accepting Shamrock's October retirement as the end of their relationship.

The courts agreed.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 am

doubt he has the money to pay up
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am

sokolkevin wrote:
doubt he has the money to pay up

Probably why he is trying to find a fight. He should just go to Japan, roid up and fight Barnett just to get a check.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 am

In general, I take the fighters side in these cases. Makes it tough in this situation though IMO.

That said, pretty dirty for Zuffa to order Shamrock to pay their court costs. Oh, Shamrock made his bed, now he's gotta sleep in it.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Fuck Ken Shamrock! Here I am going to drag you to court because I need the money a fight would pay me, but I retired so you are now out of the contract...But wait, I changed my mind and I am ordering you to change yours or I will sue? Besides who did you think Zuffa was going to get to represent them? Some ham-n-egger of a lawyer? Frank is driving down the street and sees a billboard with a lawyers name on it and calls him? Frank and Zuffa are going to hire guys so good that the partners of the firm don't need billboards to make money, they have to much prestige to do so. So who should pay? The son-of-a-bitch who didn't read his fucking contract should pay.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:25 pm

I am sure Zuffa really needs Kens hard earned money
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:23 pm

I have empathy for ken here but I feel he must be mismanaged.. He could never win against a big company unless he had his way on paper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K   Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K Empty

Back to top Go down

Shamrock loses lawsuit vs UFC, forced to pay $175K
Page 1 of 1