Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David Tua is a monster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

David Tua is a monster Empty
PostSubject: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:15 am

David Tua is a monster Display_image_GYI0058532408
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:44 pm

wow didnt he used to be chubby as shit. Dude looks like a kickboxer not a boxer.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:58 pm

When is he going to fight somebody decent again?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Holy Shit!!! That dude is jacked!! Does he ever fight in the US anymore lol???
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 pm

i remember i didnt know much about the guy and i was on the boxing boards and they had a link to some of his fights and wow did i get hooked! spent quite a while youtubing him
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Yeah he was a beast till he ran into this dude named Lennox Lewis and was destroyed like every1 else lol.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:00 pm

he really let the Lewis fight ruin his career

I remember he was down 10 rounds nothing going into the 11th and his corner was like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?? Fight him"

he went off the deep end and GOT OUTBOXED BY CHRIS BYRD

He will lose first time he faces a step up in competition IMO

head case who had power and a good chin and not much else IMO, certainly didnt have the brain to be a champion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Cris Arreola's camp turned down a fight with him.

BTW alot of weird things happened in the build up to the Lennox Lewis fight , his father told him he was proud of him and then his family started praying - this was right before the fight.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:36 pm

The Tua-Ike fight was one of the greatest things in HW history
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Cris Arreola's camp turned down a fight with him.

BTW alot of weird things happened in the build up to the Lennox Lewis fight , his father told him he was proud of him and then his family started praying - this was right before the fight.

yep and apparently his dad never told him he loved him, ever, ecept when he was about to walk out to face Lennox

I think I still have that Ring article, Goosen was like I jsut signed this guy to a million dollar signing bonus and he is fucking crying in the dressing room before the fight has happened

never a good sign
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 pm

funny thing is Tua was known for his granite chin

watch what Felix Savon did to him in the amateurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja71FoZQrfY

Ike vs Tua was a great fight but gets overrated IMO
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:15 pm

I thought Tua might have killed Michael Moorer when that one happened
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Tua is a monster   David Tua is a monster Empty

Back to top Go down

David Tua is a monster
Page 1 of 1