Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David vs. Goliath

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

David vs. Goliath Empty
PostSubject: David vs. Goliath   David vs. Goliath EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:41 pm

In boxing, every generation seems to have to learn the same lesson. Boxing is a self defense technique created to take on stronger and bigger men. The fighter that learns his craft, becomes creative and disciplines himself to throw combo after combo easily beats the guy who scaring the shit out of everyone because he looks like he can knock down buildings. Liston – Clay I, was a perfect example of this. Sonny was capable of knocking a row of teeth out with a jab. Cassius Clay (Later Muhammad Ali) was skilled enough to possess every type of punch in his arsenal, use the geography of the ring by dancing and striking like a cobra at the most unexpected time and jabbing an opponent into submission. I guess I don’t have to tell you who won this one. Sure, I’m using Ali as an example, however Joey C. vs. Jeff Lacy would suffice as a modern day example. Once Joey established a dominance of skill, jabs and combos, Jeff Lacy was gone, never to be seen again. Detractors of this theory will state that all the puncher needs is one break. Not true unless the boxer has a glass jaw. Another example would be the inconsistent Buster Douglass vs. the consistent Mike Tyson. Once Buster decided to put his talents to work: A great jab, combinations that rarely missed and a gift for attacking an opponent from unexpected angles, Tyson was outclassed. Just a bit of advice. The next time a slugger is a prohibitive favorite over a boxer, maybe you’d like to go to Vegas and check out the action.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

David vs. Goliath Empty
PostSubject: Re: David vs. Goliath   David vs. Goliath EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:01 pm

nice thread frank i can't think of any right now but i'm sure i'll think of one
Back to top Go down

David vs. Goliath
Page 1 of 1