Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Barnett fight was weird...

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
boomer sooner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Barnett fight was weird... Empty
PostSubject: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 pm

What did Mo tap do? It didn't look like Barnett had anything tight at that point. He even seemed surprised at the verdict. Then the return knee at the end was odd. Barnett should have let him knee him in the balls during the fight rather than afterward. Just an odd, odd fight. Still, I think Barnett is a handful for anyone in this division. I wish he could get off the juice.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I read Kimura, but it looks like a straight armbar. Kind of what Hughes had Gracie in, but from a different position.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:29 pm

it kinda looked like a key lock but he didnt even start cranking it, it looked like "mighty" mo was gassing and just wanted a way out of the fight anyways
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 pm

I think that is the first time I have ever seen anyone do what Barnett did after the fight.

As both fighters' camps streamed into the ring (after the bell), Barnett offered an immediate apology and gave Siligia a free shot to his groin, and Siligia quickly obliged.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Whats with the blatant nutshot Barnett threw? As if it's not bad enough he has to roid up on top of already having some of the best talent in the world at his division, he has to fight dirty too?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:18 pm

It was blatant?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:29 pm

I think the Cole Escovedo was my favorite KO of the weekend after all is said and done. Something about a hard kick to the face KO. Howard's was awesome as well.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Yeah, 2:50 into the video you see Barnett kick his lead leg straight up and forward toward the scrotal region.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Barnett fight was weird...   Barnett fight was weird... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:53 pm

They both throw a kick at the same time and are coming towards each other because of it. Barnett couldn't raise his kick to match the height of about 7 other identical kicks like that he threw in the fight because Mo happened to be about a foot closer because of his kick.

It was a blatant kick that happened to find nuts. I wouldn't call it a blatant nut shot in an attempt to cheat though.

This is a blatant nut shot