Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?

Go down 
+17
SOKO
josh200612
Jamal
GolbeZ
Farmer1906
franklinfan2
NoRegret
OU
ohiovol62
oggy420
GDPofDRC
Ninja
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
muayjitsu
LA
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

God
What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Intelligent Alien life
What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

oggy420 wrote:
God works in mysterious ways equals religious nutcases saying the people in Haiti deserved to die because it's what god wanted. People blowing themselves up and killing others because its "what god wanted" too.

There are extremists in every area of life when it comes to certain subjects. I think far too often people use them as the barometer for religion as a whole
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey Oggy, how about this one...

I remember back when i was like a Freshman in high school, I remember hearing on the local news that this woman murdered her two children by drowning them in her bathtub because god was telling her that the devil was trying to take them over or something...

She pleaded the insanity case from what I can remember...and I dont remember how it concluded because it was a while ago so yeah.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Lets take for instance a guy or women who went to Church every week their whole life, only to end up with cancer later in life, what is God's plan there?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Lets take for instance a guy or women who went to Church every week their whole life, only to end up with cancer later in life, what is God's plan there?

God is making them pay for their sins Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:16 pm

That seems tied to an assumption that god is a good thing and a cancer is somehow a punishment. Life is suffering. Life is a part of death. What god theoretically is, is the knowledge of right and wrong, as in what will live and die. good or bad are irrelevant factors in that process.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:
Not questioning your theory because i think evolution is part of the answer. Where do you think we derive from wolf?

Perverted aliens having sex with some kind of extinct monkeys. Think about cloning or mixing sperm and eggs from different species. Maybe aliens impregnated a monkeys? Humans have done it. How did we go from fire to Space stations in so little time?

No offense BBC I have nothing against you but please do not turn this into another bashing contest between you and wolf. Leave it in the trashcan thanks.

I was being serious Muay. If aliens had sex with monkeys they would be perverted and sick. I do think that it is possible that they cross bred with some kind of monkey and we are the product. I believe in God, but that seems like it could be possible with all the intelligent things man has done in the past 2000 years.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
How could they be related? let me guess it was God's plan?

The universe is about 14 billion years old, according to theories and I believe red-shift, where I think they can judge how old something is based on infared.

If the universe is a said age, then if God created it, what was before that and who created God?

God Sr?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 pm

oggy420 wrote:
God works in mysterious ways equals religious nutcases saying the people in Haiti deserved to die because it's what god wanted. People blowing themselves up and killing others because its "what god wanted" too.

Haiti is one of the worst places in the World. It is almost as bad as some African countries or Columbia.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:58 pm

This thread started promising but ended not as I imagined.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:23 am

Lots of good posts from regret and LA. evo

Regret you're a smart boi.

Yo if you ask me, humans evolved to believe in religion.

You gotta think, our instincts and natural behavior evolved during our caveman days, and not during an era of science where we can explain things.

Humans with their intelligent minds and emotional behavior are unlike lower animals that are entirely instinct-driven. We can subvert our instincts with selfish behavior driven by feelings and emotions. Religion, or perhaps more simply the human ability to believe in the supernatural evolved as a coping mechanism to deal with stress, greif and unexplainable things to our primative anscestors.

Without religion or superstition in the primative days, survival would have been difficult.

Wolves don't waste time with grief when a cub dies for very long, they simply move on, driven by the need to hunt. Humans are subject to grief unlike most other animals, but an afterlife concept provides relief from the finality of death.

Unlike other animals, we are self aware of ourselves and of the true concept of death. Without an afterlife promise, the realization this really is all there is, and the reality that loved ones are gone forever isn't something people seem equipped to deal with.

And how many times have you heard "well if i wasnt a christian id..."?

The social fabric of society has long been based in religion. Nearly every government that has ever existed had religious overtones of some variety until only very very recently in human history. Everything from the ancient Egyptian pyramids to America's values exist because of religion on one level or another.

And why, in spite of all science has proven, are churches over flowing with followers on Sunday? Whydo most Christians believe? They just "feel it". They "feel god there", they "just know, inside".

Just like you know you love someone in your family or you know to put things in your mouth as a baby. It's instinctual*.

*please no one hit me with "humans dont have instincts", regardless of whatever textbook you read that said that, that is pseudobabble and you know it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 am

Religion was created to give answers to things nobody could explain. So for the most part religion is based on no actual facts.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Religion was created to give answers to things nobody could explain. So for the most part religion is based on no actual facts.

This.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 am

Exactly, where as evolution is almost a certainty at this point
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 am

I agree with alot of what Wolf had to say about the after-life and how people use "heaven" as a coping mechanism for death.

When people ask me "Well, what do you think happens to your body after you die?"

I tell them something along the lines of "Nothing, my body will rot beneath the earth to become fertilizer."

"Well what about your spirit?"

"Listen guy, my spirit isnt going to float up to heaven, nothing will happen...my body will deteriorate to nothingness, and the only memories left behind will be stories from family and friends, and my tombstone."

Case and point, I get that people have faith and want to believe that there is an after-life, but come on people...REALLY?!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 am

I used to believe that perhaps there was a remote possibility that some real electrical signal remains, something connected to what people call "spirits" or "gods" now, but after learning that a lot of memory, and what the human mind really is, is based on the physical structures in the brain that develop during the lifetime, I find it impossible to believe in the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 am

ever met someone who thinks science is guided by the devil?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:57 am

Yeah wolf, I have met those people too lol there was one hippy in particular in my speech class that was like that. Every speech he did was about his religion or nature or some shit. He was a very close-minded guy about alot of things.

He even went so far as to call me out as an athiest up at the podium before one of his speeches once and always sort of sent out little shots at me before some of his speeches, so I took a special liking to make him look like a fool anytime I went up lol.

The weirdest fuckin thing happened yesterday though, my girlfriend asked me an almost identical question to this. She's a religious person, goes to a catholic church, she asked if I believed in their being a god, or ghosts...nothing about alien life, but still freaky as hell lol
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 am

I recently read a news article that stated even if we had the technology for a spaceship to go near the speed of light, it would get destroyed by hydrogen atoms in space. So this could explain why aliens have never visited us.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Guess this threads over, when me, Wolfy and Regret brought the fire, we had no opposition.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Guess this threads over, when me, Wolfy and Regret brought the fire, we had no opposition.

Didn't read the thread, but I'll pray for you, wolfy, and regrets
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Haha, to who?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Didn't read the thread, but I'll pray for you, wolfy, and regrets

Lol this was a good one man
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Haha, to who?
Our Lord
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 am

We all live in America here, and in our system of government, we do not have "Lords" nor do we have other offices that use that title.

Farmer, prove to me this "Lord" exists.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 am

Is God the creator of all things?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life?   What do you believe is more likely to exist, God or Intelligent Alien life? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next