Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brock in Columbus version 2

Go down 
+7
Andrew the Raider King
NoRegret
muayjitsu
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
Cu Bu
ohiovol62
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Brock in Columbus version 2 Empty
PostSubject: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:57 am

Tried to put this up earlier. Pic was from a cell phone and tried to use my GF's mac to upload it. Clearly I fucked something up, still learning to use those macs. Anyways, here it is. He's pretty big, don't think he's anywhere close to where he was though. JMO

Brock in Columbus version 2 Brock10
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

hmm he doesnt look 265 or more for that matter.. But he looks healthy and thats a good sign for ufc HW division
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Or Brock was never really that big in the first place. I firmly believe his size has always been over exaggerated by the UFC who are known to lie about the size of their fighters to promote them better. Remember when Shane Carwin was supposedly the same size as Brock?

Joseph Benavidez is 5' 4''?

Ya ok. He's 5'2'' with platforms on haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 pm

When I've seen Tito weigh in at 240ish, then I have no problem believing Brock crushes the 265 mark.

You can't really tell much in the picture because he is wearing a loose long sleeve shirt & isn't next to anyone to compare to.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Yeah I met Tito in person and he didn't seem that big.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:25 pm

muayjitsu wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zyZsL0R9ec&feature=sub
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Oh farmer I wasn't saying he is not that big, but what I should have said is when someone is walking around in normal clothes they seem to look not as big. Fighters are pretty solid and we all know muscle weighs more then fat.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zyZsL0R9ec&feature=sub

yo I watched that and still have a hard time believing tito gained 36 lbs in 4-5 hrs. Shit even if he entered the cage at 251 I would be shocked.

Now brock is a big guy but I am looking at his suroundings in the picture and deducing that he has lost weight( its just an assumption) dont have any evidence or facts
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Man, I really wish I woulda went to the Arnold Classic.

Its like a 2 hour drive, but its still worth it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 am

That is pretty shocking to see 251.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:26 am

Sorry to say it looks like he lost some weight and possibly some muscle mass. I, however, am more worried about his speed and initial quickness, which I think gave him the real edge. Strength, is a tool but it is only one of his many tools, but, and Wolf will agree, is his weakness is experience and his lack of stand-up punching power.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 am

He doesn't lack KO power. That has been a big attribute for him actually. He has dropped every opponent with punches.

I agree that what is most concerning is a loss of explosiveness and burst.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 am

OK, a man on his down way down, Heath Herring, got clocked hard on the stand-up, but who else? He got a lucky, behind the ear punch on Randy, who might I add was actually holding his own through experience and I think may have got an early stoppage from the ref. But come on! The real expertise of an MMA fighter? He has yet to attain that. He has gotten by on physical attributes and a great wrestling base. Without "explosiveness and burst" he is just some dude who is real strong who knows how to wrestle and there are thousands of guys in MMA who do that...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:58 am

Rewatch Mir Lesnar 1. He drops Mir with a punch almost as soon as the bout begins.

Lesnar has KO power. Be real.

Strange role reversal.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:01 am

Yeah, but anyone who sends a legitimate 240-250lb man ROLLING backward with one punch does not lack punching power... Also, he doesn't just "know how to wrestle" he had a NCAA record of 106-5 in the Big Ten which happens to be one of the top two conferences for collegiate Wrestling in the nation. His biggest asset to date has been his surprising speed and explosiveness, but lets not forget this is a guy who is very strong, and has a crazy good wrestling background.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:12 am

Ludo, his wrestling pedigree is predicated on his athleticism, and that translates to MMA as well. If he loses that he loses a lot of what he really is as a fighter.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:12 am

I'm not saying his Wrestling doesn't hinge on his athleticism but to say he's just a guy who's strong and knows how to wrestle is a major oversimplification. It's like saying Peyton Manning is just kinda big and knows how to throw a football. His athleticism is a piece of the puzzle, the fact remains he was a very successful collegiate wrestler in a major NCAA conference for wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:49 am

So you guys are saying that Brock is a legit HW in MMA? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 am

He looked about 250-255 to me. I don't really know for sure though. And please don't compare Brock to Peyton. That makes my brain hurt. Go Vols!
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:12 am

Oh nice pic with your son Andrew. You should be proud
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 am

I am the son D-bag! LMAO! That was funny BTW Ohio. So when do expect the Fuckeyes to beat Bama in football?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Nobody compared Brock to Peyton. The analogy was on oversimplification, as if to say if Brock is just a big guy who knows how to wrestle then Peyton is just a big guy who can throw a football.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Brock has 1/10th the skill relative to Peyton, all other things equal. Brock is a big lineman. He doesn't have a lot of skills besides his wrestling and athleticism. And like it has already been established, he dominated in wrestling only because of his athleticism.

I encourage the members here to research Lesnar's wrestling career. He was criticized even then for his technique.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Strength and power were his known weapons he was able to use in his time to be champion over smaller or less athletic high talent/ability wrestlers. While strength and power are not talents they are tools he was able to use well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:35 pm

TV adds 100lbs. Brock is really 5'8 180lbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock in Columbus version 2   Brock in Columbus version 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock in Columbus version 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next