Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEC discussion.

Go down 
+7
acccardinal12
timthebim
muayjitsu
Cu Bu
josh200612
GolbeZ
Wolfgangsta
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

WEC discussion. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 am

Both were injured. One dislocated, one broken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 am

Cruz is just gay to me, like a Chris Rock standup gay definiton.

Bowles hands are hardly his only weapon, he's won most fights by submission I believe.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 am

Oh damn got caught by the myth. Well either way I don't agree with stopping.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Cruz is just gay to me, like a Chris Rock standup gay definiton.

Bowles hands are hardly his only weapon, he's won most fights by submission I believe.

Yea thats true but it is usually after a big right hand or someone shoots in and he catches them in a guillotine. Lets not act like bowles is sweeping people and throwing omaplatas.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 am

I don't want to sound like I am discrediting bowles though. He is a good young fighter with a big upside. I did think he was going to lose this fight because he is not ready to rule that division just yet. It may turn out like Hughes and GSP. Or Cruz may just kick his ass again.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 am

muayjitsu wrote:
I don't want to sound like I am discrediting bowles though. He is a good young fighter with a big upside. I did think he was going to lose this fight because he is not ready to rule that division just yet. It may turn out like Hughes and GSP. Or Cruz may just kick his ass again.

I see what you have said and agree in every way. I thought Bowles would ko him, I was wrong. He broke his hand at the beginning and that may have hurt his gameplan. I do know from 2 fights I have seen Cruz in that he is no slouch. He looked good nd benivendez only made him look better tonight. You can take this arguement either way though because Bowles was injured for the most part imo.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:52 am

The 135 division is in a very awkward place. Benivendez vs Cruz would go exactly the same way and I don't think Scott Jorgenson is quite ready for a shot at Cruz. You also Torres, one of the WEC's biggest stars with his back against the wall. The WEC has to be very careful in who they match Torres with next, considering if he fights Bowles again or Jorgenson he will potential be 0-3 in his last three fight. That doesn't look very good for a fighter the WEC was banking on being their flagship star and break over into the Mexican fight world.

If I was WEC's matchmaker I would make an instant Bowles vs Cruz rematch and put Jorgenson vs Benivendez as the co-main event. This way you put an end to all the controversy from the first fight and also come out with a clear number one contender for the title. Then you have Torres wait to face the winner of Banuelos vs Page, which is a fight that Torres is capable of winning.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:58 am

Well Bowles said he broke his hand in his last fight. I know it sucks but he needs to rest it for like 6 months. He said in his interview he was worried during his training camp about it so I know he was training on it which is a big no no.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:04 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
The 135 division is in a very awkward place. Benivendez vs Cruz would go exactly the same way and I don't think Scott Jorgenson is quite ready for a shot at Cruz. You also Torres, one of the WEC's biggest stars with his back against the wall. The WEC has to be very careful in who they match Torres with next, considering if he fights Bowles again or Jorgenson he will potential be 0-3 in his last three fight. That doesn't look very good for a fighter the WEC was banking on being their flagship star and break over into the Mexican fight world.

If I was WEC's matchmaker I would make an instant Bowles vs Cruz rematch and put Jorgenson vs Benivendez as the co-main event. This way you put an end to all the controversy from the first fight and also come out with a clear number one contender for the title. Then you have Torres wait to face the winner of Banuelos vs Page, which is a fight that Torres is capable of winning.

I didn't know there was any controversy. I mean shogun Vs machida thats controversy. First of all if you are not 100% coming into a fight and YOUR the champ you should always pull out. I am not down for any excuses he did not win any portion of that fight he should fight Jorgenson or benavidez in my opinion. He should let his hand rest though so he may be out awhile. I don't even know when he landed his 1st punch that may have broke his hand because it took him a while to land anything hard.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:44 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

That is the best move for sure. WEC better pay attention to this. That is the best way to keep Torres up and I want to see a rematch with Bowles/Cruz and Benivendez will brake Jorgenson. Bad things happened tonight for us as fans in a way, but it should be a good outcome for WEC. Even with Torres losing.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Fabiano and some other lesser knowns might get fast tracked to big fights in this climate.

135 needs more contenders.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:02 pm

muayjitsu wrote:

I didn't know there was any controversy. I mean shogun Vs machida thats controversy. First of all if you are not 100% coming into a fight and YOUR the champ you should always pull out. I am not down for any excuses he did not win any portion of that fight he should fight Jorgenson or benavidez in my opinion. He should let his hand rest though so he may be out awhile. I don't even know when he landed his 1st punch that may have broke his hand because it took him a while to land anything hard.

Honestly I think if we waited for most people to be 100% we would never have fights. I have never had a fight were I wasnt injured slightly going in( granted I was diagnosed with a deadend thorasic nerve before I ever started fighting) Now if someone cant train because of previous injury then I see your point but I bet you would be suprised if you talked to a fighter candidly about how they feel on a day to day basis.

I saw the first few exchanges as victories for bowles. Not untill minute 2-3 I felt cruz was getting off better. I have only watched the fight once
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Well I did horrible, took Pulver, Torres, Bowles

Didnt get to see Taurevicius fight if he didnt win my picks were horrible last night
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

Honestly I think if we waited for most people to be 100% we would never have fights. I have never had a fight were I wasnt injured slightly going in( granted I was diagnosed with a deadend thorasic nerve before I ever started fighting) Now if someone cant train because of previous injury then I see your point but I bet you would be suprised if you talked to a fighter candidly about how they feel on a day to day basis.

I saw the first few exchanges as victories for bowles. Not untill minute 2-3 I felt cruz was getting off better. I have only watched the fight once

I agree Cu Bua about fighting with some injuries. But a broken right hand is not one to play with when it is your primary weapon standing. He did know his hand was still shaky thats why he was nervous. When you hit as hard as Bowles does he needs to let that thing rest or he will never have a solid hand again.

Yeah I didnt do so great with the picks either. I went with my heart on some fights which hurt me cause I knew pulver would lose but i picked him. Cruz winning was my big pick though so I am happy bout that.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Bowles vs Cruz should happen next let Benavidez and Jorgensen fight it out and seriously think hard about what to do with Torres
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:50 pm

That delays the title for many months with Bowles hand. He needs to really let it heal first.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That delays the title for many months with Bowles hand. He needs to really let it heal first.

Yup thats what I said too. So that immediate rematch will not happen.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Why is this in the trash?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:58 pm

LA what reason was this moved to the trash? What on earth are you doing?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:01 pm

I did it for Beast when you moved his thread and for doggin out Regret (though a little funny)
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:06 pm

1. This wasn't "my" thread as much as "a" thread that I simply started, and "the" thread about WEC 47. Penalizing the board for some stupid ass tit for tat child revenge shit is pretty fucking gay. Especially for BBC and noregret who constantly put themselves in the situations they run into problems with.

2. I moved threads he started not because he started them, but because the discussion quality was poor. I have made that clear abundantly.

And you said I shouldn't be a mod?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm

How is the board penalized, this thread ran it's course anyways, there's already other threads talking about the same thing, one is yours.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Your behavior has been noted for future reference LA.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Only Ninja could have moved this back

This thread will get like 2 more posts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEC discussion.   WEC discussion. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

WEC discussion.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4