Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Florian vs Gomi

Go down 
+12
muayjitsu
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
oggy420
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
Ninja
boomer sooner
OU
ohiovol62
Andrew the Raider King
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 am

How do you all think it will turn out?

I am thinking TKO 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am

You didn't say who you thought was going to win Andrew, so I'm just going to assume you think Gomi is going to win by TKO. You are way off base Andrew, I'm shocked you would pick against one of your favs like that. Just terrible. Ken Flo via talent, round 2.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:23 am

ohiovol62 wrote:
You didn't say who you thought was going to win Andrew, so I'm just going to assume you think Gomi is going to win by TKO. You are way off base Andrew, I'm shocked you would pick against one of your favs like that. Just terrible. Ken Flo via talent, round 2.

Ha, ha. Colonel Mustard, in the Library with a candlestick! Kenny in the 2nd, TKO.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 am

Kenny via gogo
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Gomi trains with AKA now, right? If he develops the same work ethic of guys like Fitch, Velasquez and Thompson, then Gomi could live up to his reputation of three years ago.

This could be an amazing fight, but I kind of think Florian will treat this one like he did Roger Huerta and spend most of the night getting out of Gomi's power, and landing quick jabs and kicks.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Kenny is not stopping Gomi by strikes, sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Kenny RNC 2nd
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

People who think this have not seen much of Gomi. That guy has a granite chin.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

People who think this have not seen much of Gomi. That guy has a granite chin.

I always thought the same thing of Clay Guida, but Kenny dropped him like a bad habit! Granted he decided to choke him out in the end, he still dropped the guy.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Gomi

3 years ago via flying knee

Florian Decision know
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Kenny won't KO him, but a stoppage via ground strikes to a turtled up gassed Gomi is more than reasonable at this stage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Kenny by whatever the fuck he wants
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kenny won't KO him, but a stoppage via ground strikes to a turtled up gassed Gomi is more than reasonable at this stage.

That is what I am thinking!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 pm

I got a round 2 finish for Kenny. I guess I'll go tko, but I don't know. He could start rocking him and go for the sub.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Kenny will cut him with a few elbows and the fight will be stopped due to a cut. I just looked into my crystal ball. I hope it is broke so I can say I am wrong. I hope Gomi KTFO of Kenny.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:53 pm

I hope gomi of old returns but I am afraid he will not and kenny will win by decision or cuts. Gomi is hard as hell to stop.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
I hope gomi of old returns but I am afraid he will not and kenny will win by decision or cuts. Gomi is hard as hell to stop.

same

sadly I have hoped this too many times in too many fights to list off so I have pretty much given up on the old timers past their prime pulling off a upset, just doesnt happen in this sport much
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

same

sadly I have hoped this too many times in too many fights to list off so I have pretty much given up on the old timers past their prime pulling off a upset, just doesnt happen in this sport much

Shogun and Mir have made some pretty impressive comebacks IMO
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

same

Shogun and Mir have made some pretty impressive comebacks IMO

True but their primes werre never a thousand miles in the rearview mirror
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Vitor would be another guy who has made a pretty awesome comeback.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 am

I think the biggest difference in guys late in their careers is they quit advancing and only work on their strengths. Guys like Randy, Kenny, Fedor, & Hendo are constantly tweaking their games and making improvements. Guys who have been at the top rarely change a thing because they figure you stick to your bread and butter. Gomi is one of those and he is fighting a guy who is always looking to improve his standing in the sport.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:02 am

Florian wins this big and early.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Takanori Gomi will almost certainly face BJ Penn in his second fight for the UFC, company president Dana White says, provided he gets past Kenny Florian first and Penn is still the lightweight champion after he fights Frankie Edgar on April 12th.

In an excerpt from a forthcoming interview with Japanese magazine Gong, White says “Kenny Florian is one of the top lightweight fighters. If Gomi beats Kenny, that's going to get a lot of attention from many people - including BJ Penn.

“But BJ has a fight with Frankie Edgar in Abu Dhabi on 4/12 and Gomi still needs to fight Kenny. So until that happens we can't make a decision. But I'll tell you, if Gomi beats Kenny, I definitely will consider a match with BJ.”
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Personally, I see them bringing Gomi in as a way to show up the old Pride fighters and say "We told you we were the best"! But I don't think it will ever work until they beat Fedor or the next time Fedor refuses sign with the UFC, yet agrees to fight the best HW in the PFC.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Personally, I see them bringing Gomi in as a way to show up the old Pride fighters and say "We told you we were the best"! But I don't think it will ever work until they beat Fedor or the next time Fedor refuses sign with the UFC, yet agrees to fight the best HW in the PFC.

That was years ago and now some of Pride's best are now the UFC's best. Do Rampage, Lil Nog, Big Nog, and Shogun ring a bell?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Florian vs Gomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florian vs Gomi   Florian vs Gomi Empty

Back to top Go down

Florian vs Gomi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next