Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament Empty
PostSubject: Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament   Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 am

Allan Green has been confirmed as the official replacement for Jermain Taylor in the Super Six World Boxing Classic.

The 30-year-old from Oklahoma will take on the undefeated WBA super-middleweight champion Andre Ward on Saturday April 24, the same night that Britain's WBC title holder Carl Froch fights Mikkel Kessler in Denmark.

A winner of his last six fights since losing his unbeaten record to Edison Miranda in 2007, Green enters the six-man round-robin tournament in Group 2 and will be involved in his first world title contest.

Green was the obvious choice to replace Taylor - who has been knocked out by Froch and Arthur Abraham in his last two fights, forcing him to quit the Super Six - being ranked in the top 10 by all four boxing organisations.

And he is confident he will make a big impact when he takes on Ward in Oakland, California.

"I always had a feeling I was going to get into the tournament," he said. "I don't think I'm a long shot. I'm one of the best super middleweights in the world and the tournament rules allow me to come in and be in the mix with a chance to advance and ultimately win this thing.

"I just don't see anyone who can beat me. I've watched all the fighters over and over. I've studied all of them and know I can beat any of them."

The other five fighters in the tournament have so far had one bout apiece, with two points awarded for a victory and a bonus point for winning by knockout.

The four with the most points will advance to the semi-finals, with the eventual winner being crowned the unified champion with all four belts.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_5973609,00.html

BTW the winner won't have all four belts because Lucian Bute the IBF champion and Robert Stiglitz the WBO champion are not involved.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament   Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:15 pm

ya Allan my Colon is gone Green, no one can beat you
except Edison Miranda

What a fucking joke this guy is

cant wait for Ward to beeat the shit out of him
Back to top Go down

Allan Green officially replaces Jermain Taylor in the super six tournament
Page 1 of 1