Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LT was released by the Chargers

Go down 
+3
LTFG
Farmer1906
LA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

LT was released by the Chargers Empty
PostSubject: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:30 pm

The San Diego Chargers released running back LaDainian Tomlinson Monday afternoon, according to a source.

Tomlinson played nine seasons in San Diego, but at the age of 30 and with declining numbers, Tomlinson has been anticipating his release for the past month.

Tomlinson rushed for 12,490 yards in nine seasons and rushed for 138 touchdowns during his career in San Diego. He caught 530 passes and scored 15 touchdowns through the air.

A former first-round pick, Tomlinson rushed for only 730 yards in 14 games last season and had a 3.3-yard rushing average. He struggled on first down during the Chargers playoff loss to the New York Jets.

Still, the Tomlinson years were some of the best in Chargers history. Tomlinson immediately established himself as a star during a rookie season in 2001 when he rushed for 1,236 yards and scored 10 touchdowns. His ability to run, make big plays and score touchdowns helped allow quarterbacks Drew Brees and Philip Rivers to develop into Pro Bowl stars.

The Chargers reworked Tomlinson's contract last offseason to give him one more chance to re-establish himself as a top running back. He was scheduled to get a $2 million bonus in March and a $3 million base salary under the restructured contract.

At 30, Tomlinson will have to find a new team to restart his career.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:30 pm

RBs die at 30
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Restart his career? At 30 and after having injuries and 2 below average seasons, he's going to be lucky if anyone picks him up and offers him starting RB wages...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 pm

I heard rumors of Dallas having some trade involving Choice for LT. I guess there goes those rumors, maybe LT won't be returning home.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
RBs die at 30

Or the true greats retire at their peak... I still wonder what kind of numbers Jim Brown and Barry Sanders could have put up had they continued? Jim was running against linemen that were his size and Barry Sanders never took a clean hit. Both were physically ready to go another 4 or 5 if you ask me...

LT had a prime longer than most. Most good to great RB's are dominant 3, 4 or maybe 5 years at best. With AP's running style, I see him falling into this category. Steven Jackson takes a beating behind that line and because his style and will likely be out of the league in the next 2-3 years. And with the rules bending towards the passing game, LT may be the last big time back we see for some time...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:01 pm

LTFG...between AD and CJ, I think one of them atleast will be the next big thing.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

The AD's of the NFL are a dying breed. Coordinators are designing packages with power guys and agility/speed guys in mind more and more throughout the league. There are gonna be fewer total studs the next several seasons and more complex schemes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Sooners, Minnesota suddenly has a passing game that takes priority over the running game. Combine that fact happening during AP's prime years with his running style and you have a simple recipe for a mediocre career. CJ has one big weapon, speed. And he runs on a team that isn't a passing juggernaut. I can see him being effective until he loses a step or they acquire a real QB... yes, there's a chance he's the exception.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Football teams have no loyalty.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Football teams have no loyalty.

Yeah, I know... Dumbasses are selfishly concerned with the bottom line and trying to field a winning team... Psh
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 pm

He will be a backup for probably all but maybe 2 teams in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 pm

NoRegret wrote:
He will be a backup for probably all but maybe 2 teams in the NFL.

I wouldn't even want him as a backup for my Cowboys. I'll take Barber and Jones with a side of Choice.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 pm

I wouldnt even take him as a backup with my Eagles or the BROWNS

what does that tell you?

Now before you criticize my post on the Browns...Jerome Harrison beasted it up the last few games of the season when Mangini finally got the stick out of his ass and let him carry the ball...and then James Davis will be a decent back IMO and I forget the other RB's name we had that was backing up Harrison the last couple games, he showed glimpses of being a decent back as well.

LT will have a hard time finding a team, I hope he isnt so cocky as to think he deserves starter type money.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm

He'll be a Patriot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LT was released by the Chargers   LT was released by the Chargers Empty

Back to top Go down

LT was released by the Chargers
Page 1 of 1