Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think of the new Wandy?

Go down 
+6
Birdofthad
Ninja
NoRegret
boomer sooner
muayjitsu
LA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

What do you think of the new Wandy? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 am

Both fighting at 185 and appearance?

Or is that Van Arsdale?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:18 am

LOL I think they have some things to work on like a better game plan. He should have came out more aggressive vs a fighter like bisping. I think the ONLY way bisping could have won that fight was to outpoint him with takedowns.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:18 am

It's like Christmas with Bisping losing and Wandy winning. The only thing that would have been better is if the fight went another ten seconds so Wandy could have finished him.

Silva looks weird, but the real Wand came out at the end. I'm still a huge fan. Akiyama next!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:01 am

Yeah dfe Wandy vs. Akyama next

I'd like to see Wandy have a run at the Title at 185, though he'd never beat Anderson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:03 am

He looked alright but Bisping was too terrified to sit down on his punches.

The Sexyama fight should be a WAR.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:15 am

Wand destroys Japanese fighters LOL!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:19 am

I wasnt very impressed with Wandy. He looked ok, his speed seems to diminish more and more with each fight.

Glad he won though.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 am

New Wand? He looks exactly the same with better conditioning. Bisping just has absolutely no power in his hands so he couldn't threaten Wand in any matter. I actually see Wand doing good at 185 considering not alot of fighters at this weight have power in their hands.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:51 am

average performance for Wandy, the last 20 seconds won the fight
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 am

Thought he looked good considering it was his first ever fight at this weight class.

Akiyama is his next fight, and should he win that, he gets a title bid. He has a punchers chance is Anderson is still the champ. If Vitor or Chael are champions by that time, it makes the fight a lot more compelling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Thought he looked good considering it was his first ever fight at this weight class.

Akiyama is his next fight, and should he win that, he gets a title bid. He has absolutely no fucking chance if Anderson is still the champ. If Vitor or Chael are champions by that time, it makes the fight a lot more compelling.

Fixed
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:00 am

The Akiyama fight should be interesting. I don't like his chances against any of the top guys. Anderson it goes without saying is a massive favorite and Vitor would knock his fuckin head off at this point (even though he did the first time as well)
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 am

Alan Belcher would beat Wand. I am A huge Wand fan but i see this kid doing big things.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:03 am

hahaha like the fix and agree ninja
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:08 am

Silva would put a clinic on Wandi just now.

Nate would decapitate him.

Belfort would steamroll him again.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 am

huge wand fan hear, and I must say his speed is slowed and his winging arm punches wont cut it against the top of 185. He needs to learn to throw from legs and utilize low kicks to set up flurries
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:05 am

problem with Wandy is when he was in his prime, he was 1 dimensional for the most part, he had amazing stand up and knockout power. Good stamina, know that he is pas t the glory days the fact that he is more or less a 1 trick pony hurts him more.

I scored 1st round for Bisping, 2nd Wandy, and no bullshit if Wandy doesnt do what he does in the last 20 seconds Bisping wins IMO. no BS I told my friend Wandys gotta do something big to win the fight with 30 seconds left.

Bisping doesnt get past 5 minute mark with a prime Wanderlei IMO, but hey Wandy did just go beat a top 10 ranked UFC fighter so props to him
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:12 am

with or without that flurry, 30-27 Wandy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:18 am

interesting wolf
just from what i remember (im drunk) Bisping got going earlier and landed some shots, 1 HUGE THING , Bisping didnt learn from Henderson, he was circling left (to the right hand) ALL FUCKING NIGHT. Hed go right for a split second then go back left (into the right) .

But when I judge lets say its 5 minutes how we had it, I would say Bisping controlled first round for 3 to 4 minutes more or less and got a takedown, Wandy probably did more damge but didnt control the round near as lng as Bisping, I gave Bisping the first cause of this.

3rd Wady got taken down and was losing a close round that was up for grabs in the closing fram in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:42 am

Cu Bua wrote:
huge wand fan hear, and I must say his speed is slowed and his winging arm punches wont cut it against the top of 185. He needs to learn to throw from legs and utilize low kicks to set up flurries

laughing at my drunk hear
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm

His face looked like a cross between Coleman and Machete. Weird, gonna take some getting used to. I liked what Wanderlei did last night. It wasn't the finish we all wanted to see though. I did have it 30-27 but 29-28 makes enough sense. I'm pretty sure the refs gave him the first which was close, but I thought it was justified to give it to Wand based on the impact of important shots landed. There were times in each round were he came close to having one of those mauling finish we know him for. Maybe it's too many battles, age, or his new face that hindered him making that finish, IDK, maybe a combo of all of them. He will always be a danger but he might be getting to that point to where he is last generation. I think he could still linger around the top ten for a little maybe though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
New Wand? He looks exactly the same with better conditioning. Bisping just has absolutely no power in his hands so he couldn't threaten Wand in any matter. I actually see Wand doing good at 185 considering not alot of fighters at this weight have power in their hands.

I meant fighting at 185 and in appearance, fighting style it's pretty much same old Wandy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Wandy?   What do you think of the new Wandy? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the new Wandy?
Page 1 of 1