Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reputations...

Go down 
+7
GolbeZ
Cu Bu
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
Bigs03
OU
boomer sooner
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:51 pm

I wrote a post about reputations on the main board but it was deleted so I must have broken some rule. Maybe this is the place to post the question. Who grades reputations? How are they graded? I don't really care, but I have the worst one that I have seen and I'm not sure how that happens. Any help would be great.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:53 pm

anytime you post you can get a "-" or "+"(located on the far right of your post) from any memeber on the board. Someone doesn't like your post and they might give you a "-", anytime someone does that your rep drops. On the other hand someone can give you props and click "+" and your rep goes up.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:04 pm

I don't see the + or - on my screen. There is a "merci" tab next to quote -- is that the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:15 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I wrote a post about reputations on the main board but it was deleted so I must have broken some rule. Maybe this is the place to post the question. Who grades reputations? How are they graded? I don't really care, but I have the worst one that I have seen and I'm not sure how that happens. Any help would be great.

The "main board" isn't the main board at all...it's the MMA board. Glad you found the correct place for a post such as this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:15 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I don't see the + or - on my screen. There is a "merci" tab next to quote -- is that the same thing?

no it's not the same. You can't vote on your own post so you won't see anything next to yours only other people. You will only see it next to everyone elses post.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

The "main board" isn't the main board at all...it's the MMA board. Glad you found the correct place for a post such as this.

Thanks for the help, champ. Take yourself more seriously in the future.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 pm

And to Sooner, I can't for the life of me see a "+" or "-" on anyone else's posts. I wonder if I have to be at a certain level of posting to be granted that ability.

I only thought about doing it once when someone wrote that Junior Dos Santos would get killed if he tried to stand with Yvel, but couldn't figure out how -- then I just noticed today how my rating is the worst I have seen.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
And to Sooner, I can't for the life of me see a "+" or "-" on anyone else's posts. I wonder if I have to be at a certain level of posting to be granted that ability.

I only thought about doing it once when someone wrote that Junior Dos Santos would get killed if he tried to stand with Yvel, but couldn't figure out how -- then I just noticed today how my rating is the worst I have seen.

right under the "merci", "quote" ect. on the far right you should see a little "+" and "-". Not sure about the rules but I thought everyone could vote. Maybe once you hit the negative you can no longer vote but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 pm

What is merci?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
What is merci?

thank you- it's French.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
What is merci?

thank you- it's French.

Laughing Thanks Sooners, I know that, but what does it do? I accidentally clicked it the othr day and now its not there.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 pm

You don't have the option of repping other people if your rep is below 0.

Believe me, I know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
What is merci?

thank you- it's French.

Laughing Thanks Sooners, I know that, but what does it do? I accidentally clicked it the othr day and now its not there.

It also factors into the rep thing. I guess it is similar to giving a positive vote. I know you can look at your stats and see who many you have given and recieved. Not sure how it works, sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't. Maybe someone else knows why.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:01 pm

i dont have the meci deal but i neg rep the hell out of boomer sooner JK
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:31 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

Posts like these hurt your rep.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:49 am

boomer sooner wrote:

If your rep drops below 0 and into the negatives .. you dont have the option to rep people until your rep goes back up .. I guess its to keep someone from going negative crazy on folks .. i dunno
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:15 am

Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

I stand by my response. I'm not interested in placating anyone who takes themself too seriously on a message board.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

I stand by my response. I'm not interested in placating anyone who takes themself too seriously on a message board.

How was he being "too" serious in that response .. all he did was mention that you said "Main Board" (which we do not have) but was assuming you were referring to the "MMA" Discussion Section .. which a question about your own reputation and how it works doesn't seem too much like MMA to me .. than he acknowledged that this is the correct place to post "Off Topic" threads.... I am confused on how common sense is being called "too serious"

if anyone is being too serious here .. its you. It is clearly evident that your rep upsets you, when you really shouldnt give a shit. The rep thing is stupid and has been said many times by me. If your rep matters to you than yes I agree with Bigs that comments like this "Thanks for the help, champ. Take yourself more seriously in the future." dont help.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:47 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

How was he being "too" serious in that response .. all he did was mention that you said "Main Board" (which we do not have) but was assuming you were referring to the "MMA" Discussion Section .. which a question about your own reputation and how it works doesn't seem too much like MMA to me .. than he acknowledged that this is the correct place to post "Off Topic" threads.... I am confused on how common sense is being called "too serious"

if anyone is being too serious here .. its you. It is clearly evident that your rep upsets you, when you really shouldnt give a shit. The rep thing is stupid and has been said many times by me. If your rep matters to you than yes I agree with Bigs that comments like this "Thanks for the help, champ. Take yourself more seriously in the future." dont help.

This.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:58 am

I care so much about the rep thing that I only noticed it now.

I was just curious about how it works and made an innocent post, in heaven-forbid, the wrong forum. The forum cops quickly busted me, I'm guessing it was the guy congratulating me for finding the right place to post such things. A simple answer and it's over with, but instead I get an MMA board etiquette lesson. I obviously annoyed someone with the post -- that's probably taking yourself too seriously.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 pm

I just now got back to zero. I better go negative some dudes quick before I go back under.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Yo cap I got your back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Good lookin out wolf.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:44 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I care so much about the rep thing that I only noticed it now.

I was just curious about how it works and made an innocent post, in heaven-forbid, the wrong forum. The forum cops quickly busted me, I'm guessing it was the guy congratulating me for finding the right place to post such things. A simple answer and it's over with, but instead I get an MMA board etiquette lesson. I obviously annoyed someone with the post -- that's probably taking yourself too seriously.

Quit being such a crybaby dude, I was sincerely saying I was glad you found the right forum to make that post. Ultimately, I should've just moved your original post to this forum but I deleted it without much thought so that was my mistake. If you're going to be so abrasive you can expect to have a lot of confrontation around here.

It's not a case of taking myself too seriously, instead it's a matter of keeping the boards clean and uniform. There are a lot of people who put a lot of time into this board's success and it's a place where people can come and discuss the sport we love. Just because you're a relative noob doesn't mean anyone thinks less of you but obviously people have been giving you negatives because you are abrasive. You're the one taking yourself too seriously. I wasn't annoyed with the post. It's not like I said anything negative in my original post about deleting the one in the MMA forum, nor was I giving you an etiquette lesson. Maybe you need one, though.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:13 pm

My rep says I'm #1! I just voted the other day and hooked GobleZ up for finding me a movie. I will now do what should be done the honest way and vote for the best poster since I have been back on here this week. May surprise you all but the guy I vote for is...........Wolfgang Von Spaz! He has had legit posts and made me laugh alot also. (Even if he is an evil man!) PS I already want to gag over this Tiger is gonna talk crap. I don't need his apology. Do you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reputations... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputations...   Reputations... Empty

Back to top Go down

Reputations...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: