Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NBA All- Star Weekend

Go down 
+2
timthebim
muayjitsu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

NBA All- Star Weekend Empty
PostSubject: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:41 pm

Kinda weak so far the dunk contest is kinda sorry.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:19 am

It was terrible this year. The dunk contest was week, 3 point contest was starless, and the skills competition needs to be harder in my opion.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:30 am

Yeah the problem is the actual stars of the league no longer participate... where is lebron, kobe, D. Wade, melo, and even Dwight Howard.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:51 am

Im not sure why stars wouldnt want to take part in the games but the nba needs to get them on board or get rid of the all star weekend in my opion.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:03 pm

The Dunk contest was horrible this year. I was kinda pissed I waited to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 pm

No superman dunks?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:32 pm

They were doing high school dunks for the majority of the contest. I have seen high schoolers and amateurs pull off most of the dunks that went down last night.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:12 pm

The dunk contest is pathetic. stars just don't want to do it anymore. Bron said he would, but then backed out, some are afraid of hurting their image by losing to some average players.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:52 pm

I hate that arguement because its exhibition. It doesnt mean shit its just to put on a show for the fans lol.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:08 pm

The game actually wasnt to bad lol.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:43 pm

yea game wasnt bad happy to see the 2nd best player in the league to win MVP D. WADE
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:27 pm

2nd? He's not better than Kobe or LeBron
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Yup better then Lebron in my opinion but hey he is not pushed by the media like lebron or kobe and dont have no puppet. By the way Kobe is number 1 player in the league. The way i see it is he has 25% the athletic ability of lebron but his BASKETBALL skills are bar none the best EVER in the NBA. D. Wade is athletic(not as athletic as lebron but more the Kobe) and has more ball skills then Lebron. Plus like in any sport until lebron gets a ring he is behind Wade at 3.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm not a LeBron fan, but it's Kobe and him and then everybody else
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Dude watch more Cavs games and then tell me the King isnt the best player in the game. LeBron has passed Kobe and is far ahead od D-Wade sorry.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Untill he wins a title he will never be the number one player in the league. Imagine if Marino won even 2 titles no doubt he would be the greatest. I watch plenty of Cav games just cause like i said the media is pushing this Cavs vs Lakers thing like they did last year. D. wade does more with less and i know way is lebron better then Kobe. Simple as this 5 seconds left team down by one with one shot left who do you want to take it lebron or Kobe.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:27 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Untill he wins a title he will never be the number one player in the league. Imagine if Marino won even 2 titles no doubt he would be the greatest. I watch plenty of Cav games just cause like i said the media is pushing this Cavs vs Lakers thing like they did last year. D. wade does more with less and i know way is lebron better then Kobe. Simple as this 5 seconds left team down by one with one shot left who do you want to take it lebron or Kobe.

Dudebro I am going to start calling you Skip Bayless.

Rings arent won by ONE player. Its won by a team. Lebron is the best PLAYER in the league. Had Lebron had Shaq in his prime as Kobe had him...Lebron would have had more than three rings.

Dont give me that crap about Kobe winning last years title either HE himself did not win the title, it was his TEAM...like Odom, Gasol, Bynum, Fischer, and anyone else on that team are slouches.

I think the Cavs will win it all this year, even if we dont make any trades.

If the NBA cleared every roster and had some sort of Fantasy draft and I were an owner, I would take Lebron #1 without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 pm

I'm not puttin LeBron above Kobe yet
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Yeah Lebron is nothing but a bunch of what ifs and when he does this and that and if he had a better team LOL. That is called hype fellas I hate skip but he has a point on this one. He is a great player im not saying he is not great. But it is insane to put him above Kobe right now and in my opinion( once again my opinion crazy how people here sometimes can't realize your allowed to have your own opinion) Dwayne wade is a better basketball player. He won with an old shaq, old Gary, old Zo, and players most people can't name. So that whole if he had shaq argument goes out the window when put up against D. Wade. If most players had Shaq in their prime they would have won because most fail to realize that in his prime Shaq was the most dominating player in the league not anyone else. Kobe has won a title without him plain and simple and yes he has Gasol everyone else on that squad is highly overrated. We will see come playoffs won't we. We have been hearing this same story the last 3 seasons with lebron about how he is gonna break through this year win the MVP and win the title. I say actions speak louder then words. By the way of course owners would take lebron over kobe NOW because kobe has been in the league so long and has alot of miles on himself while lebron is entering his prime.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:34 pm

It's a testament to how good Kobe is that people even have the discussion about who's better between him and LeBron when Kobe is an old 31 with a shitload of mileage on his body basketball wise.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Well Muay, its a discussion forum. I was debating with you. I am not saying you cant have your opinion...hell MOST EVERYONE on here is agreeing with your opinion. I usually have the far out there opinions that people think are stupid.

But when it comes down to it, I usually know what I am talking about.

Shaq was still a damn good center when he played with D-wade, I dunno how you could say he wasnt.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Everyone is always so eager to jump on the next big thing and most people clim not to be bandwagon jumpers. Its a shame to discredit what players like Kobe have done and are still doing. Frankly Im a texas guy myself I like everything in texas except the cowboys and the Mavs and i can't stand the lakers or Kobe. I still know he is the best player in the league playing with broken fingers and a hurt ankle and still making game winning shots. I will give credit to lebron when he earns it his defense gets better by the year but how many times has Kobe been 1st team defense. Will Lebron become the most dominate player in the league.... there is a good possibility. Is he.... NO.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 am

Well that is your opinion...Lebron grew up about a 10 minute WALK from where I grew up most of my life. Pretty easy to be a little more biased when I have that kind of situation.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Biased are ok I as long as you admit them hell I got Texas ranked number one every year in college football lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA All- Star Weekend   NBA All- Star Weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA All- Star Weekend
Page 1 of 1