Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???

Go down 
+6
Wolfgangsta
Bigs03
OU
LA
bobbitt15
redvexx8
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? Empty
PostSubject: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Lately you’ve been making waves with your comments about Anderson Silva, saying he actually speaks perfect English but hates the media too much to talk to them. I guess I’m wondering, if it’s not a ploy to get attention, why go after Anderson now?

I didn’t really say anything about Anderson. All I said is what you said there, and that’s no big deal. Once I destroy Nate Marquardt in a few days I will set my sights on him and I will really let it go. Believe me, when I sink my teeth into this guy, those comments aren’t going to seem like anything. I was making a very fair observation. Anderson Silva speaks English. Any time the media comes around he has such disdain for you guys that it’s ‘se habla Espanol.’ He doesn’t have to talk to the media, and in fact he refuses to, and yet the media goes out and strokes his ego and puts him on the cover of everything. It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen.

All the guys in the locker room know it, and we all laugh about it. Here’s Anderson going, ‘I don’t understand,’ and then there’s the media going, ‘We love you, Anderson!’ when he hates you guys. So I was just pointing out that fact. The people in the media should thank me for that, but nobody did, so there’s the media for you. I don’t care about Anderson in the least. I don’t think about him for two seconds of my day. But believe me, when I sink my teeth into him it won’t be just to out the fact that he speaks English.

As you point out, he doesn’t talk to us much and doesn’t give us much to work with, so don’t you think that maybe the reason the media is so hot on him is because of how good a fighter he is and not his personality?

I don’t know if that’s it or not. I don’t know who he’s beaten in the top ten. He beat up a drunk Chris Leben and a one-legged Patrick Cote and every bum that could get a plane ticket to Ohio. He went up to light heavyweight, but how hard is that? It’s the easiest weight class in the company. He beat up some slow and unathletic guys up there. But maybe I’m wrong. Maybe he is that good. If he gets past Vitor [Belfort], and I don’t think he will, I’ll sing a different tune. If he can beat Vitor it will change my opinion of him, but until then, I don’t know. I don’t see who he’s beat that’s so great.

He beat Nate Marquardt.

I didn’t see that. Did he fight Nate?

Yeah. Knocked him out.

Oh, I didn’t know that.

Well, he did. And you respect Nate’s skills, don’t you?

Sure, absolutely. I respect Anderson’s too. I respect all these guys and their skills, don’t get me wrong. I’m just saying let’s slow down on this stuff about Anderson being the greatest fighter ever. There’s someone named Randy Couture that you might want to put your eyes on when you’re talking about the greats ever.

Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? Chael_sonnen
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Man this guy is out there. I was with him up until the whole LHW is the easiest division in the UFC talk which is grade A lunacy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Sonnen is simply a complete moron

Anderson has beaten

Hendo top 5 MW all-time, borderline top 10 LHW still

Franklin twice, was a top 3 MW both times, still consider him a top 10 MW

Leites and Cote were ranked in the top 10 when he beat them I believe

Forrest a top 10 LHW

Nate a top 3 MW

Sonnen has many losses, but most notably, he lost to Forrest and was beaten 3 times by Horn who Anderson also happened to beat I think.

The guy is just looking for attention and trying to help sell the Nate fight, since Nate doesn't come out and say much.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 pm

This guy has been saying all sorts of crazy shit this week. He is trying way too hard to get his name out there.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:20 pm

No way in hell he beats Anderson. I think he has a small chance against Nate but Anderson will kick his ass.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Chael Sonnen 666.

"hey, lets go out there and saw some off the wall shit to make messageboard dimwits shit themselves"

The guy is a marketing genius.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:51 pm

It's obvious he's trying to hype the fight and his name, but he's doing a poor job of it. It's more like he's trying to tell himself all that shit. Yeah we're gonna comment on it, but it's too over the top, and he sounds like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:55 pm

He is just making everyone think he is a tool. Very poor job of being the villian or whatever the hell he is trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:42 pm

He is just trying to get himself in a certain state of mind. That or he has gone completely over the fucking edge.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:54 pm

Nate loses some ranking points in my book if he doesn't destroy this guy.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Sonnen isn't a pushover and he did look in shape at the weigh-ins, so don't discount the upset. However, I sincerely hope that Nate beats his ass...when the Ref's head is turned away for three seconds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Well he is a republican Razz
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Sonnen is such a tool he is just doingt this to be the bad guy but he is doing a piss poor job at it I FUCKING HATE THE BASTARD.

Sonnen 1

Messageboard kiddies 0
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Sonnen is such a tool he is just doingt this to be the bad guy but he is doing a piss poor job at it I FUCKING HATE THE BASTARD.

Sonnen 1

Messageboard kiddies 0

If he goes out and gets his ass beat by Nate, which I fully expect to happen(and I expected as much before he started shooting his mouth off), all this talk makes him look like an idiot. This kind of trash talks only works if he wins.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 pm

He is hyping his fight. If more people tune to see him fight win or lose, it was successful.

And Nate is going to destroy him via spinning tornado kick.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:06 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He is hyping his fight. If more people tune to see him fight win or lose, it was successful.

And Nate is going to destroy him via spinning tornado kick.

If more people watch and thus see him get smashed, is that good for his career/ The dude will be known as a not-quite-in-the-top-ten wind bag soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:39 am

Chael clearly top ten. A loss to Nate wouldn't change that.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:57 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I agree. You could hate on Chael's views all you want but, he is still a very good fighter. He could beat any fighter at 185 not named Anderson, Nate, and Henderson.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:02 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Anderson has beaten

Forrest a top 10 LHW

Nate a top 3 MW

Sonnen has many losses, but most notably, he lost to Forrest and was beaten 3 times by Horn who Anderson also happened to beat I think.

The guy is just looking for attention and trying to help sell the Nate fight, since Nate doesn't come out and say much.

Cote was not ranked in the top 10 when he fought Anderson.

- http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/4/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-14364
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:10 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I agree. You could hate on Chael's views all you want but, he is still a very good fighter. He could beat any fighter at 185 not named Anderson, Nate, and Henderson.

Or Maia or a drug free Filho.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:14 am

redvexx8 wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Or Maia or a drug free Filho.

I really think he could beat both on a good day. He has good enough wrestling to keep the fight on the feet where both show less than stellar striking. Chael problem is he gets too aggressive and because of this he gets caught.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:37 am

I thought he looked absolutely terrible against Filho in the rematch. They both looked bad but at least Sonnen trained and actually showed up. I give him the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe he felt sorry for Filho and showed mercy on him but he should have easily destroyed him in the shape Filho was in. I mean Filho was not even fighting back. He was like a punching bag out there and Sonnen still couldnt do anything.

Last edited by redvexx8 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 am

Sonnen might surprise people this weekend. I think if Nate doesn't finish in the first round and a half the odds that Sonnen will win go up significantly.

That being said, I expect Nate to handle business.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:51 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Anderson has beaten

Forrest a top 10 LHW

Nate a top 3 MW

- http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/4/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-14364

It was a guess
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Anderson has beaten

Forrest a top 10 LHW

Nate a top 3 MW

It was a guess

I know just clarifying. I ran across people who thought Leites and Cote were both in the top 5 before they fought Silva.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???   Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has Chael Sonnen took too many shots to the head???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next