Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEC Officially Announces First PPV

Go down 
+10
Birdofthad
Cu Bu
chorky777
Wolfgangsta
Bigs03
bobbitt15
SOKO
LA
OU
Ninja
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

WEC Officially Announces First PPV Empty
PostSubject: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Fights on this Card will be:

Faber vs Aldo

Cowboy vs Bendo II

MTB vs Manny Gamburyan
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:04 pm

45 fucking bucks!?! No fucking way, these fuckers better put all belts on the line. They are crazy if they think they call sell at that price. They are not the fucking UFC. Geezus Christ. The better add some good shit to this card.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

Faber vs Aldo

Cowboy vs Bendo II

MTB vs Manny Gamburyan

This is what they needed to do, stack the card, they should get Varner and/or Garcia on the card as well
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:17 pm

first of all manny is going to get owned and I will not get to witness it cause I will be damned if I am spending 45 bucks on that shit. I am a fan but refuse to spend more than 50 bucks a month on mma when times are slow.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Yep not buying this. Either a stream or I will avoid the internet until later that night to see Faber-Aldo on mmalinker
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

Faber vs Aldo

Cowboy vs Bendo II

MTB vs Manny Gamburyan

This is what they needed to do, stack the card, they should get Varner and/or Garcia on the card as well

I would like to see Varner vs Anthony Njokuani. Garcia is fighting Diego Nunes at WEC 47.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Yeah, Manny is gonna get blasted. I have no interest in that fight at all.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm

who the fuck is going to buy this? What gave them the idea to charge the same price as an UFC PPV? Bad move.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:48 pm

I'll buy it of course, but this will bomb, and that will speed up the eventual merger. The only reason the WEC exists is because Zuffa needed it to lock down VS. That isn't an issue anymore, so there really isn't a reason to keep the WEC around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm buying this for sure. What other card do you get to see the top 4 guys of an entire weight division fight each other? And anything with Cerrone on it is worth my money for sure. Plus, the WEC has given me so much great, free content, I feel like I can give them some money for one or two ppv's a year. As long as they don't do any more than 2 ppv shows in a year, I don't see how I can complain. I'll just get a group of friends together and enjoy some awesome mma for 5 or 10 dollars.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:07 pm

need to get a poll going to see who will shell out the money for this shit. I can't fucking believe they are charging that price. I don't care if they squeeze Torres on the card I probably would still have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 pm

That's because you're used to not having to pay to see the WEC. It's "worth it'' in pure star terms, especially if they added Torres, but they won't make money for this exact reason. 50 bucks for what once was free? I don't see how they can make any money on this at all.

Pressure from the fighters has lead to this. I am sure Zuffa is doing this as a feeler show, and if it bombs, they'll just rebrand the WEC and merge it into the UFC.

There will be no WEC by August.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 pm

i might buy it for faber aldo alone.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm

great card
but like someone said
45 FUCKING BUCKS???????!!!!????????

Theres enough damn MMA Pay Per Views as it is already god damn it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Great card, wish I could watch it on my tv Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 am

Looking like Strikeforce is going to counter this PPV with their CBS card.

Couple things from Scott Coker: April 24 on CBS "highly possible." And he's not interested in Walker vs. Canseco.

- Jason Gross twitter
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:39 am

would anyone pick Canseco/?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 am

I would, via headkick.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Couple things from Scott Coker: April 24 on CBS "highly possible." And he's not interested in Walker vs. Canseco.

- Jason Gross twitter

Daaaaaaaamn. Scott Coker's got some balls. This would really hurt the WEC PPV IMO. People are already pissed that they have to pay for the card and if there is a quality FREE alternative at the same time I'm betting most people will go with that.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

- Jason Gross twitter

Daaaaaaaamn. Scott Coker's got some balls. This would really hurt the WEC PPV IMO. People are already pissed that they have to pay for the card and if there is a quality FREE alternative at the same time I'm betting most people will go with that.

No doubt
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 pm

I doubt Strikeforce would actually do that though. I think it is posturing to ensure the UFC stops aggressively counter programming them. It's a game of chicken that the free product will eventually win out in.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:19 pm

What Coker doesn't realize, is countering the WEC will end up making the UFC stronger. They will be forced to combine, and no Org would ever touch the UFC if they added all the WEC fighters, and 2-3 more divisions.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:31 pm

question is can UFC afford to do that LA?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Of course they can
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEC Officially Announces First PPV   WEC Officially Announces First PPV Empty

Back to top Go down

WEC Officially Announces First PPV
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next