Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF

Go down 
+4
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
LA
GDPofDRC
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF Empty
PostSubject: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17647/strikeforce-signs-middleweight-joey-villasenor-to-four-fight-deal.mma

Another good signing. He was already kind of a SF guy but this solidifies it. SF was in need of more MW's too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Eh
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:01 pm

you think it's not a good addition to their rooster. A guy who brings energy and has a habit of finishing fights? I want to see him rematch Lawler.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:07 pm

He's not that good, what's he maybe a top 40 MW? nothing to get excited about
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 pm

I'll bet he beats Smith this year
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Good for him, Smith isn't very good either, both guys are high C, low B level fighters.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Not everyone is in the top 1 percentile. Good point. Lucky for most that's not a prerequisite for interest.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:26 pm

I just don't get exciting for eh fighters
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:30 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'll bet he beats Smith this year

I would think so. Smith isn't very good.

I also want to see the Lawler rematch. It was suppose to happen over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:55 pm

He can rematch Lawler after he gets knocked out by Manhoef I guess
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:56 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He can rematch Lawler after he gets knocked out by Manhoef I guess

Lawler is going to knock out Menhoef then march his way to an ass beating from Hendo.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Standing with Melvin would be a huge mistake for Lawler, can't believe people still think Lawler is good.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:59 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Standing with Melvin would be a huge mistake for Lawler, can't believe people still think Lawler is good.

I'm just a big fan. I obviously give Melvin the edge on the feet, but Lawler is solid and isn't an auto win for Manhoef.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:01 pm

Not 1st percntile!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Figured you'd be a Lawler fan, and I'll agree with what ur saying, it's certianly no lock for Melvin, I just see him catching Robbie, what's Lawler's ground game like? don't remember.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Not 1st percntile!

Enlighten me
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Are they the best of the best?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:07 pm

But that's obvously a play at something, Lawler and Melvin are at least top 20, talking about top 40 guys doesn't interest me
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Broaden your interests. Don't narrow yourself. That's all I can tell you. I've been to hundreds of fights and seen guys who can't spell top 40 who fought great and put on great shows. Some of those guys went on to be UFC champs others no. If your only interest is in a small percentage of the worlds top fighters, your missing out on a lot.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:14 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
But that's obvously a play at something, Lawler and Melvin are at least top 20, talking about top 40 guys doesn't interest me

I don't think I can think of 15 better MWs than these 2.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I don't think I can think of 15 better MWs than these 2.

Said at least top 20
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I thought Villasenor was already on the roster.

Im not overly excited about the move but I guess that's cause I thought he was already with SF. And he somehow found a way to get into a boring fight with Cyborg the last time out. but it's a solidifieing signing, and he offers some fairly interesting matchups. And having fought only once in 2009 so hopefully this gets him into the cage a little more often. The Lawler rematch is long overdue.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:05 pm

hey this isnt bad
exciting fighter and adds some more pedth at SF, whats not to like
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:46 pm

I am kind of with LA on this. I see Lawlor, Melvin, Jacare, Hendo, Sheilds, Mayhem, Tim Kennedy all beating him. Thats half the division.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
I am kind of with LA on this. I see Lawlor, Melvin, Jacare, Hendo, Sheilds, Mayhem, Tim Kennedy all beating him. Thats half the division.

I would pick Hendo, Shields, Jacare over him for sure. I wouldn't make the pick on Melvin or Lawlor until after the 30 but he would be the underdog either way. I could see him beating the others. And I will still hold to my original statement that this is a good SF signing and Villasenor puts out good fights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF   Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF Empty

Back to top Go down

Joey Villasenor four-fight deal with SF
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next