Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's next in line for the LHW belt?

Go down 
+11
Andrew the Raider King
Cu Bu
ohiovol62
Wolfgangsta
LA
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
SOKO
Bigs03
timthebim
Farmer1906
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I'd love to see Shogun beat Machida and then Page get a shot at Shogun's belt. That is a rematch I'd love to see in the UFC. If Page can stay out of the clinch and check a few kicks he can knock Shogun out. Shogun has a great clinch game, though, and Rampage eats knees.

I think Machida is a mismatch for Page too, but if Page can connect on Machida he can win. Machida isn't gonna knock Rampage out with one punch either so if he has to eat a few punches in order to land one I think he can.

Rampage has a solid chin. Chuck & Dan both landed some big shots on him. So did Wand and Shogun, but it wasn't just 1 big KO like Rampage has done to Chuck (2nd fight) & Wand.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Remember shogun saying he wanted to retire? He loses to an old guy (coleman) .. fights another old guy (sorry chuck) .. and than kicked Machida's legs to a loss ..
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
I'd love to see Shogun beat Machida and then Page get a shot at Shogun's belt. That is a rematch I'd love to see in the UFC. If Page can stay out of the clinch and check a few kicks he can knock Shogun out. Shogun has a great clinch game, though, and Rampage eats knees.

I think Machida is a mismatch for Page too, but if Page can connect on Machida he can win. Machida isn't gonna knock Rampage out with one punch either so if he has to eat a few punches in order to land one I think he can.

Rampage has a solid chin. Chuck & Dan both landed some big shots on him. So did Wand and Shogun, but it wasn't just 1 big KO like Rampage has done to Chuck (2nd fight) & Wand.

That's exactly the point I was making. Machida isn't gonna KO Rampage with one punch like he did against Thiago. If Rampage has to eat a punch of two in order to land one of his own I think he has the chin to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I think if Rampage wins against Rashad then he should get the next shot. If Rashad wins he should fight the winner of Griffin vs. Nog and the winner of that should get the next shot. IMO Jones needs a few more fights before he can be considered just because he's so young and his name isn't going to carry a PPV yet with the casual fan.
I agree with Bigs on this.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Rampage has cost the UFC more than he can make them. Rampage allowed Strikeforce to go uncountered and Fedor to establish himself. This is personal.

Tito sells a lot of PPVs too. Never stopped what happened there.
Look at what Randy did with Affliction. Dana got over that pretty quick. What Page did was a bit worse, but Dana will put that to the side for $$$ any day Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

That's exactly the point I was making. Machida isn't gonna KO Rampage with one punch like he did against Thiago. If Rampage has to eat a punch of two in order to land one of his own I think he has the chin to pull it off.

I was agreeing with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's next in line for the LHW belt?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3