Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who's next in line for the LHW belt?

Go down 
+11
Andrew the Raider King
Cu Bu
ohiovol62
Wolfgangsta
LA
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
SOKO
Bigs03
timthebim
Farmer1906
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Rampage beating Rashad would get him 1 also.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:23 pm

LOL@ all the fruitcakes who think the title picture relys on who deserves it. Wishful thinking. Rampage is getting no shots at the title. None.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:25 pm

wolf its a possibility but i would not pay to see coulture or coleman
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 pm

It goes Machida and Shogun, then (or atleast perception wise) a big drop off to guys like medium sized Nog, Rampage and Shad. I can see Rampage getting the shot regardless but it's always an unknown with the way he trains so he might not beat Shad. I wouldn't count out # 3 if #2 is close if Shogun wins. I'd love to see Rampage vs Shogun for the title. Prolly won't happen though
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Why is everyone assuming Machida wins the rematch? I think its a toss up right now and if Shogun wins, it'll be Shogun vs Machida III

Cause Shogun fought the perfect fight the first time, but still ended up losing, he honestly can't bring much else, the leg and bodykicks were his whole game that fight, and Machida knows what to expect in terms of that.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LOL@ all the fruitcakes who think the title picture relys on who deserves it. Wishful thinking. Rampage is getting no shots at the title. None.

Rampage is as big a PPV getter as anyone in the LHW division. If it is going to make Dana a lt of money. He'll put his differences with Rampage past him. I also don't count out Randy for the title. Anything could happen. Chances are slim though
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Rampage has cost the UFC more than he can make them. Rampage allowed Strikeforce to go uncountered and Fedor to establish himself. This is personal.

Tito sells a lot of PPVs too. Never stopped what happened there.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I could see them trying to pull some BS to get Randy a title shot but no way with Coleman
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Rampage has cost the UFC more than he can make them. Rampage allowed Strikeforce to go uncountered and Fedor to establish himself. This is personal.

Didn't think about that. Good point about SF and Fedor. They'll give it too Rampage over medium sized Nog though
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Celtics suck, shouldn't u be a Spurs fan?

Not a Celts fan. I am a Rockets Fan!

+1, Rockets >>>>>Spurs
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:11 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I could see them trying to pull some BS to get Randy a title shot but no way with Coleman

If Shogun and Coleman both win that fight is a lead pipe lock. They are 1-1, and Coleman was ahead of Shogun when they fought last year until he suffered the late KO.

A Shogun win though would also make a fight with Rampage more entertaining and plausable too.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:12 pm

The best thing about the UFC LHW Division is there really are a lot of scenarios that work here and are sellable. Same in the LW division as well.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
The best thing about the UFC LHW Division is there really are a lot of scenarios that work here and are sellable. Same in the LW division as well.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. There hasn't been a dominant champion in the LHW division since Chuck. Personally I hope someone emerges and defends the belt a few times before losing it. Maybe Machida's the guy.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 pm

He wont be Shogun will win the rematch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

But tito never actually fought for anyone besides the UFC. And now he's back. I think Dana buries the hatchet with Page, if only in an effort to keep him from jumping to SF at the end of his UFC deal. and you know Dana doesn't want to see Page win the rest of his UFC fights b4 jumping ship. By giving him a title fight he either 1)loses and thus is step below the UFC title holder 2)wins and is stuck with the champions clause.

I'd give Page shad winner 1st dibs. Nog 2nd(assuming a win). and I may actually put Couture ahead of Griffin, especially if Machida is champ. The Spider fight was quite damaging.

But of course Spider trumps all if shogun wins.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:20 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Rampage, then Lil Nog

But if Machida wins again in a really close fight, I could see Shogun fighting the winner of Lil Nog/Forrest (Nog) for next shot after the Page/Shad winner. If Shogun wins a close fight, then it be Machida/Lil Nog for next shot IMO after Page/Shad.

Bones, would need to beat Vera. then another really solid performance against someone like Thiago to get a shot, in all reality he's 3 wins away.

If Anderson destroys Vitor, and Shogun wins, Anderson will get the next shot over anyone.

And Randy getting a Title shot would end sadly for us fans
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:44 am

L.A. I don't think the word sadly is appropriate. That is a car wreck waiting to happen. Though I admit Coleman still has real power and would be a pain in the ass to fight, but Randy hasn't been showing good take downs lately. I think Randy would get hurt bad.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:46 am

I think Rampage is gonna beat Rashad. Love my boy Rashad, but i just got a feeling. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. And Machida will beat Shogun so that sets up Machida vs Rampage!!!
Thats an amazing fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Machida vs rampage would be awesome but I think Shogun vs Rampage or rashad would be great also.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Machida vs Rampage has the least appealing look to it, match up wise though, wouldn't you think? Stylewise Rampage is dead meat. He can't win fights with athletic explosive leg kicks and I doubt he has the greco/wrestling game to get Machida down from the clinch.

One sided, five round beatdown written all over it. Shogun vs Rampage would be more more interesting.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Machida vs Rampage has the least appealing look to it, match up wise though, wouldn't you think? Stylewise Rampage is dead meat. He can't win fights with athletic explosive leg kicks and I doubt he has the greco/wrestling game to get Machida down from the clinch.

One sided, five round beatdown written all over it. Shogun vs Rampage would be more more interesting.

Wolf I think me and you talked about this before but I do think that Machida is a bad matchup but that dont mean he cant win. He hits hard enough to hurt Machida and has powerful slams if he gets hold of Machida. Machida would be the favorite but rampage would definitely be a live dog in my opion.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Machida would maul Page.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:35 pm

We wont get to find out cause Shogun will beat Machida.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:48 am

If Shogun is back, Rampage gets mauled there also, but if the Shogun that came to fight Forrest or Coleman steps into a Rampage fight, he dies.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 am

I'd love to see Shogun beat Machida and then Page get a shot at Shogun's belt. That is a rematch I'd love to see in the UFC. If Page can stay out of the clinch and check a few kicks he can knock Shogun out. Shogun has a great clinch game, though, and Rampage eats knees.

I think Machida is a mismatch for Page too, but if Page can connect on Machida he can win. Machida isn't gonna knock Rampage out with one punch either so if he has to eat a few punches in order to land one I think he can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's next in line for the LHW belt?   Who's next in line for the LHW belt? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's next in line for the LHW belt?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next