Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evans vs Cormier is off

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Evans vs Cormier is off Empty
PostSubject: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Apparently Evans hurt his leg so the fight is canceled.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 pm

This is why I barely watch MMA anymore.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Rashad is out, Cormier fight off!   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:57 am

Really sucks cause I was looking forward to this fight. I guess no one is stepping in on short notice although chael said he would. I'm actually thinking of not ordering the ppv now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:45 am

If I was a Michigan fan I would watch more MMA, but this sucks. I really wanted to see this fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 am

Us Michigan fans are doing just fine after that big win over the team from down south! And about rashad that really sucks!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
If I was a Michigan fan I would watch more MMA, but this sucks.  I really wanted to see this fight.

The basketball team is fine.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 am

I was hoping the fight would happen and it would be a double KO.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:30 am

Lol yeah I'm not a huge fan of either but thought it was a good matchup.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am

Cormier is still holding out hope that the promotion can find a replacement to fight him. He spoke to MMA Fighting about his disappointment:

It's very sad. I've had to do a lot of things different for this camp because of the weight, having to make this weight for the first time healthy and where I'm well enough conditioned. It's more than just training for a fight. It's all the other things I had to take into consideration. It's a completely different situation.

Chael Sonnen tweeted about stepping in as a replacement, and Cormier hopes that could come to fruition:

Yeah, they said it's going to be hard to get someone on such short notice. I'm hoping I can get someone to fight. There's somebody out there that wants to step up to take a fight at this moment. I saw on Twitter that Chael wants to fight. Ok, let Chael fight. Anthony Johnson fought a couple of weeks ago, he's still in shape. Let him fight. Or if there's a heavyweight. I'll fight at heavyweight. There's somebody out there.

Despite the UFC saying that they'd try to re-book the fight in the next few months, apparently they didn't tell Cormier that. He still believes that he can fight next week, and he reiterated that he'd be ready for Chael:

I'm very sad. It's very sad, because I've worked hard. So if anyone wants to fight, let's fight. If Chael can fight, I'll go through Chael and then he can fight Wanderlei later. I promise I won't hurt him too bad.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am

It looks like we're going to find out what kind of drawing power Ronda Rousey is on her own now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 am

I'm 50-50 right now if I'm going to order.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 11:37 am

timthebim wrote:
I'm 50-50 right now if I'm going to order.

I won't order it. I'll watch it on a different site.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:08 pm

Probably isn't a bad idea but I order all the fights as just a night once a month to hang out with the guys so I still might order it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 pm

I was pretty disappointing to here the bad news.  Was looking forward to the fight.  I could settle for Sonnen being embarrassed by DC, but that fight is kind of useless, I don't think Sonnen would put up much fight for a match going down next week against DC.  And speaking of useless, DC is still fighting, UFC signed Patrick Cummins to a contract this morning and he will face Cormier at UFC 170 now.  I think Jones and the UFC probably like that news and it is why the Evans fight was not re-booked for the Spring.  It keeps DC away from any kind of title picture for the time being.

Cummins is young and 4-0, I don't recall seeing him fight but I probably have since he fought on the Hendo vs Bablu SF card. Hard to have much faith in the guy going up against one of the sports best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:18 am

josh200612 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
If I was a Michigan fan I would watch more MMA, but this sucks.  I really wanted to see this fight.

The basketball team is fine.

they're fine but I was talking about this banner I look at every day. I'm still celebrating Josh and Timmeh!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:06 am

That still hurts worst than Kevin wares leg injury!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:48 pm

FYI, I'm not buying UFC 170 out of spite for Dana and his pathetic love for Rousey('s potential revenue generating potential).
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Yeah I agree with u. If sucks and I haven't not ordered a ppv in probably 2 years but I think this is the one I will skip.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Yeah, last few years I've bought an average of 4 or 5 ppvs a year. I fork over the cash when a card is real good.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 pm

I pay for all of them but I can't stand Rhonda and for Dana to say she is the biggest star ever is annoying to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evans vs Cormier is off   Evans vs Cormier is off Empty

Back to top Go down

Evans vs Cormier is off
Page 1 of 1