Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship Empty
PostSubject: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship

http://www.mmaweekly.com/vitor-belfort-fully-intends-to-be-on-trt-when-he-challenges-chris-weidman-for-ufc-championship

Posted on January 22, 2014 by Ken Pishna

Much has been made about whether or not top middleweight challenger Vitor Belfort would be allowed to remain on his testosterone replacement therapy regimen for his upcoming fight with UFC champion Chris Weidman.

Belfort on Wednesday told UFC Tonight that he fully intends to be on TRT when he meets Weidman. In fact, he says it is medically necessary.

Part of the reason there is so much chatter about whether or not Belfort will be allowed to employ TRT for the fight is due to the UFC’s intent for the fight to occur in Las Vegas, a place where Belfort has been suspended for a performance-enhancing substance violation in the past.

Outgoing Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer at one point said he didn’t think it was likely that the commission would grant Belfort a therapeutic use exemption for TRT because of his past indiscretions.

Muddying the waters a bit was UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani’s assertion that Belfort’s manager, Glenn Robinson, told him on The MMA Hour on Monday that Belfort wouldn’t be applying for a TUE.

Belfort, however, told UFC Tonight that was not accurate. He explained his use of TRT is a necessary medically prescribed treatment and that he fully intends to apply for a TUE when he fights Weidman, regardless of where it takes place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 12:29 pm

I don't know if I'll be surprised or not if TRT is granted for him, I could see the corruption getting him through though, the string pullers will set their priorities.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Maybe why Keith Kizer is leaving?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 pm

I fully expected Vitor to be on TRT for his title fight. He got his title shot on TRT, why wouldn't he fight for the title on TRT?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:43 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Maybe why Keith Kizer is leaving?

Hardest I've laughed all day. Thanks buddy
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't know if I'll be surprised or not if TRT is granted for him, I could see the corruption getting him through though, the string pullers will set their priorities.

UFC I'm sure doesn't want him on it

a)bad press
b)they'd rather have Weidman retain
Back to top Go down
bronzehole
White Belt
White Belt
bronzehole

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:46 pm

if Jesus can look past the fact that Belfort`s a cheat then so can i. Heard he isn`t tested at all in brazil though so make the fight in the US to keep belfort From ODing on trt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship   Vitor Belfort Fully Intends to be on TRT When He Challenges Chris Weidman for UFC Championship Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1