[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Boy shot carrying toy gun.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:55 pm

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/13-year-old-shot-death-police-open-carrying-toy-rifle/

What do you make of this story? I will say the gun looks awful real.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:52 am

I say this is another sad example of the anti-gun culture being pushed in America

I read in a recent article a kid was suspended because he ate his sandwich and someone thought he shaped it like a gun....
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-07-17

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:38 am

oggy420 wrote:
I say this is another sad example of the anti-gun culture being pushed in America

it is very sad you would arrive at this twisted and illogical conclusion.

would 13 year old boys feel the need to carry around realistic looking toys of assault rifles if guns weren't promoted as positive things by mentally deranged gun enthusiasts?

a kid carrying a realistic looking replica assault rifle being shot dead by armed police is a sad symptom of anti-gun campaigning? you've officially gone fucking lulu.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:20 am

fuck off you pansy

The kid had a fucking toy pellet gun.

Only anti-gun scumbags would shoot a youth for having a fucking toy pellet gun.

But im sure you think this 13 year old kid deserved to get murdered in cold blood and shot 7 times for having a toy gun...

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Federal Bureau of Investigation is conducting an independent investigation of the fatal shooting of a popular 13-year-old boy by a sheriff's deputy in Northern California.

Sheriff Steve Freitas said in a statement Friday afternoon that he will cooperate fully with federal investigators and welcomes their participation in the probe of Andy Lopez's killing on Tuesday afternoon. The shooting has generated numerous protests and marches in the suburban town of Santa Rosa, with many residents questioning the deputy's decision to fire on the youth.

More than 100 angry middle and high school students walked to City Hall on Friday, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported. Hundreds of people protested earlier in the week.

City police and the Sonoma County district attorney's office are also investigating.

Ten seconds after their initial report to dispatch, one of the officers called in "shot have been fired."

Sixteen seconds later, the deputies were calling for medical help. Cruz was later pronounced dead at the scene. The Sonoma County coroner said he found seven "apparent entry wounds," two of them fatal.


Hundreds of community members marched Wednesday night to remember the teen and protest the shooting.

They covered more than three miles from Santa Rosa City Hall to the field where Andy Lopez was killed. Some lit candles and placed flowers at a makeshift memorial with printed pictures of the victim, stuffed animals and a balloon that read "RIP Andy L."
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-07-17

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:35 am

oggy420 wrote:
fuck off you pansy

The kid had a fucking toy pellet gun.

Only anti-gun scumbags would shoot a youth for having a fucking toy pellet gun.

But im sure you think this 13 year old kid deserved to get murdered in cold blood and shot 7 times for having a toy gun...

actually, i think it's appalling but this is a far sadder indictment of what happens to society when you make guns too easily accessible than any anti-gun lobbying.

the issue here is cops carrying and using guns when they obviously aren't properly trained for it. how that is the fault of anti-gun campaigners is something only a lunatic gun enthusiast with warped logic can make up on the spot.

'fuck off you pansy'? stay classy, at least until you can get a hard on without stroking your nine.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:45 am

cheekynffc wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
fuck off you pansy

The kid had a fucking toy pellet gun.

Only anti-gun scumbags would shoot a youth for having a fucking toy pellet gun.

But im sure you think this 13 year old kid deserved to get murdered in cold blood and shot 7 times for having a toy gun...

actually, i think it's appalling but this is a far sadder indictment of what happens to society when you make guns too easily accessible than any anti-gun lobbying.

the issue here is cops carrying and using guns when they obviously aren't properly trained for it. how that is the fault of anti-gun campaigners is something only a lunatic gun enthusiast with warped logic can make up on the spot.

'fuck off you pansy'? stay classy, at least until you can get a hard on without stroking your nine.
You started slinging insults first my friend. If you cant take it than don't dish it out.

Your logic literally makes no sense. A kid had a toy gun mean guns are too accessible? It wasn't a real gun! What do you not understand? How would anti-gun lobbying have prevented this? Its a fucking toy gun you can buy at any outdoors store.

I make the connection to anti-gun culture because this cop freaked out for no reason, put 7 bullets into an innocent kid, and all that will happen is he will get a paid vacation. This type of fear mongering culture in which we pretend anyone with a gun is a psychopathic killer is what made this cop shoot a kid who never fired at him and was never a real threat to anyone.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-07-17

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:56 am

oggy420 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
fuck off you pansy

The kid had a fucking toy pellet gun.

Only anti-gun scumbags would shoot a youth for having a fucking toy pellet gun.

But im sure you think this 13 year old kid deserved to get murdered in cold blood and shot 7 times for having a toy gun...

actually, i think it's appalling but this is a far sadder indictment of what happens to society when you make guns too easily accessible than any anti-gun lobbying.

the issue here is cops carrying and using guns when they obviously aren't properly trained for it. how that is the fault of anti-gun campaigners is something only a lunatic gun enthusiast with warped logic can make up on the spot.

'fuck off you pansy'? stay classy, at least until you can get a hard on without stroking your nine.
You started slinging insults first my friend. If you cant take it than don't dish it out.

Your logic literally makes no sense. A kid had a toy gun mean guns are too accessible? It wasn't a real gun! What do you not understand? How would anti-gun lobbying have prevented this? Its a fucking toy gun you can buy at any outdoors store.

I make the connection to anti-gun culture because this cop freaked out for no reason, put 7 bullets into an innocent kid, and all that will happen is he will get a paid vacation. This type of fear mongering culture in which we pretend anyone with a gun is a psychopathic killer is what made this cop shoot a kid who never fired at him and was never a real threat to anyone.
the issue is the training - or lack of - of the police involved. no police ever has a good reason for discharging their firearm in public unless lives are in danger.

nobody even capable of 'freaking out for no reason' should be allowed to carry a gun in any circumstances. when people with guns freak out people get shot by mistake.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Being as how I don't know how the incident went down I don't know if the cops are in the wrong here. Here's a kid carrying what sure as hell looks like an AK-47(or whatever) and if he did indeed aim at the cops then I cannot blame them at all.

But I would argue that those who champion the rights of "responsible gun owners" should not want toy guns that look so realistic.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:36 pm

As far as I knew it was illegal to carry around a toy gun unless it had a orange or red cap on the end of it clearly indicating it was a fake/toy gun. Of course no one wants to see a little kid shot but you can see why there was a misunderstanding and there is a reason that cap law is in place. A 13 year old kid can clear a room with an AK-47 so it's not like there wasn't a possibility of a threat present.

_________________
Boy shot carrying toy gun. Banner10
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 pm

OU wrote:
As far as I knew it was illegal to carry around a toy gun unless it had a orange or red cap on the end of it clearly indicating it was a fake/toy gun. Of course no one wants to see a little kid shot but you can see why there was a misunderstanding and there is a reason that cap law is in place. A 13 year old kid can clear a room with an AK-47 so it's not like there wasn't a possibility of a threat present.
Agree, the "it's a toy gun" argument is disingenuous given how real that gun looks.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:42 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
As far as I knew it was illegal to carry around a toy gun unless it had a orange or red cap on the end of it clearly indicating it was a fake/toy gun. Of course no one wants to see a little kid shot but you can see why there was a misunderstanding and there is a reason that cap law is in place. A 13 year old kid can clear a room with an AK-47 so it's not like there wasn't a possibility of a threat present.
Agree, the "it's a toy gun" argument is disingenuous given how real that gun looks.
Toy guns are used in robberies all the time. Those orange/red caps are placed on there for the safety of everyone. People take them off in an attempt to look real so you can't be surprised when someone mistakes it as a real gun. Even the guns that shoot the small plastic BBs have tips on the end.

_________________
Boy shot carrying toy gun. Banner10
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:02 pm

I still think the shooting of this kid could have been avoided. This kid probably heard the commotion of the cops behind him, heard shouting, turned around to see who it was and the one cop emptied his clip into the kid. Im sure if he was even given a chance to respond to the cops orders to drop the gun he would have, but sadly he wasn't even given the chance to comply with the orders. This all went down in a matter of seconds. This cops showed no restraint and is clearly trigger happy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:14 pm

oggy420 wrote:
I still think the shooting of this kid could have been avoided. This kid probably heard the commotion of the cops behind him, heard shouting, turned around to see who it was and the one cop emptied his clip into the kid. Im sure if he was even given a chance to respond to the cops orders to drop the gun he would have, but sadly he wasn't even given the chance to comply with the orders. This all went down in a matter of seconds. This cops showed no restraint and is clearly trigger happy.
I'm sure it's possible this situation could have been handled without this kid being killed. But we don't know the whole situation. Did he just turn and the gun happened to be pointing that direction or did he turn and make the mistake of raising the gun to the cop? We don't know. It that instant the cop made a decision. The result of the situation is very sad but as you pointed out it all happened very fast. The gun looks very real and if it was then not taking action could have resulted in his own death and the death of many others. Without being there it's hard to really know.
But again as far as I know it's illegal for that kid to carry that toy gun without the orange/red tip at the end of it. For the safety of everyone.

_________________
Boy shot carrying toy gun. Banner10
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm

I really don't think Toy guns are the issue here. Unfortunately police overreactions occur all the time.

In North Carolina in Sept., a police officer shot an unarmed victim of a car accident 10 times after he sought help at a nearby house.

A month earlier, a young Blount Co., Tenn. deputy sheriff shot a 68-year-old Air Force vet in his own garage.

Back in May, two Ft. Worth, Texas police officers said they “felt threatened” when they gunned down a 72-year-old man in his own drive-way.

Across America, police overreaction and abuse of deadly force are the prevalent issues at hand, not replica guns meant for ages 10 and up.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:55 pm

When I was a little kid back in the 90's I used to run around with a little semi-realistic toy revolver and everybody just thought it was cute. Nowadays that'll get you killed.

There is definitely a trend developing here. Cops are getting more cowardly, and more trigger happy at the same time. Not a good combination for us.

Cops should NEVER fire on anyone unless they're fired upon.

Even most of the military in Iraq and Afghanistan operate under a no-fire policy, unless fired upon by "terrorists". So,…why do American citizens and We the People keep tolerating the out-of-control, jellyfish cops who are looking for the first trivial excuse to empty their clip into a citizen?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:30 pm

I think you have illuminated the trend aspect of this story. It's a valid point that such a trend should be looked at. And perhaps cops do have to do their jobs better. They get paid well, they are well trained, and lord knows I've seen many a douche in that capacity.

But we do have to look at these incidents in context. And without comparing this incident to the others, What we see here is a kid with what certainly looks like an AK-47, and if that kid, in a moment of kid stupity decides to be a tough guy and point it at the cops, I can't fault the cops for shooting first. And I don't know if that is protocal. So perhaps they are trained differently, but if you point what looks like a gun at another guy who has a gun, I think you should expect the other guy to fire away. I'd expect it from a civilian, and I'd expect it from a professional.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:06 am

i'd like to see the video from the police cruiser before assuming the kid raised and aimed at the cops.

Unfortunately I do not trust them at their word.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:51 am

oggy420 wrote:
i'd like to see the video from the police cruiser before assuming the kid raised and aimed at the cops.

Unfortunately I do not trust them at their word.
Agree, and have said it from the start, I don't know what actually happened. Cops may very well be in the wrong here, or they could be totally justified(even if protocal says otherwise if that kid aims at the cops I'd say fire first), but without knowing what actually happened I can't say either way.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 9:11 am

oggy420 wrote:
I really don't think Toy guns are the issue here. Unfortunately police overreactions occur all the time.

In North Carolina in Sept., a police officer shot an unarmed victim of a car accident 10 times after he sought help at a nearby house.

A month earlier, a young Blount Co., Tenn. deputy sheriff shot a 68-year-old Air Force vet in his own garage.

Back in May, two Ft. Worth, Texas police officers said they “felt threatened” when they gunned down a 72-year-old man in his own drive-way.

Across America, police overreaction and abuse of deadly force are the prevalent issues at hand, not replica guns meant for ages 10 and up.
I think just like the person that wrote that article you aren't really looking at this situation you are just looking to pile on cops. But I think you should separate this from your view on trigger happy cops and looked at it objectively. From the start, just like with this article, you are looking to pile on the cops. Which I don't think is fair. I'm as "fuck da police" as anyone but I think you and the author both had your mind made up from the beginning.

_________________
Boy shot carrying toy gun. Banner10
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-07-17

Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 pm

he was trying to blame anti-gun lobbyists at one stage Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy shot carrying toy gun.   Boy shot carrying toy gun. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Boy shot carrying toy gun.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Politics & Religion-
Jump to: