Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  Empty
PostSubject: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:27 pm

for bumping a barricade and fleeing in panic.

After they got her completely boxed in they fired 15 times into the car, with the baby still in it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:11 am

Quote :
Thursday's drama began around 2 p.m., when the woman steered a black Infiniti near the White House, a U.S. Secret Service source said. She drove up to a barrier at the 15th and E street checkpoint and was approached by Secret Service officers. She hurriedly made an erratic three-point turn, struck the barrier and backed into an officer before driving away, the source told CNN.

Police said the car sped down Pennsylvania Avenue toward the Capitol, where security vehicles stopped it at Garfield Circle.

The woman slammed the car into reverse, crashing into a police cruiser, and tried to get away. At that point officers began firing, a witness said.

Dramatic video footage by other witnesses showed the black vehicle then careening around a nearby traffic circle with a police car in close pursuit and then heading away. The car crashed into more security barriers a few blocks later, witnesses said.
The shooting during the shutdown
Chaos in the nation's capital
Witness to the car chase

More shots were fired after the vehicle stopped, and the woman was hit several times, said Metropolitan Police Department Chief Cathy Lanier. Carey was later pronounced dead, Lanier said. Two officers were injured.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/politics/u-s-capitol-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:17 am

Something doesn't sound right really about either story. I have a hard time seeing her as some innocent and confused woman. She would have to be beyond confused and more delusional. Why on Earth would she panic so much as to try to ram a gate, a police car and attempt to get away? If she was simply confused or even scared how could attempting to flee be the logical solution? She is the one that endangered the child with her actions.
Should she have been shot? Now that also appears that it could have been avoided, but if she had indeed already ran over an officer and ram a cruiser then I can see why they took action. Not saying deadly force but I understand their panic in this situation much more then I do a woman panicking for what? Some kind of traffic violation?
This woman obviously made multiple bad decisions in this situation and I don't understand her actions.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Got to love the one sided picture painted by the original post in this thread compared to the news coverage.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Ludo wrote:
Got to love the one sided picture painted by the original post in this thread compared to the news coverage.
Actually the original post by Bird's is somewhat comical as well. Both are incorrect. The 1st thread posted suggested there was a crazy shooter at the white house gate.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 pm

The woman was apparently suffering from depression and believed Obama was trying to, or had been contacting her.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Ludo wrote:

The news coverage that immediately screamed "She has a gun! She has a gun! Crazy woman with gun at Capitol! Shot a police officer!" ?

Yea but my post is one sided right?

Look, I don't condone anything this woman did. But at the end of the chase, when her car was completely disabled, cops could have easily arrested her. Her car was done, she wasn't going anywhere. But instead of doing the right thing and arresting her, finding out why she ran or whatever, they murdered her by putting 15 rounds into her car, while her 18 month old child watched their mother get executed.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 8:02 pm

and I'm not saying this lady should be stripped of any responsibility of her actions. But the media cheering on another tragic death and the congress cheering on the killing of some crazy lady is just sick.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm cheering the results of her actions yesterday did not leave more tragedy or devastation in its wake, but it's ultimately an unfortunate situation that has gone down.  If this was the result of a mental problem gone very serious then it's extremely unfortunate that the results of the problem led to the dangerous situation that played out.

I know in my state assault with a deadly weapon motor vehicle is a serious matter.  A vehicle is a very deadly weapon, most of the country saw a suv run through a crowd and cripple one of those bikers only just this week.  Different situation but the point is the ease in which a vehicle can stomp through people without even needing the more common higher rate of speed people drive at the limits that routinely obliterate the hell out of people with great frequency.

When cops are on the line and they are being attacked by a deadly weapon like a gun, knife or a car, the time they spend to asses and act can literally be life or death.  They don't necessarily get the luxury of knowing every detail of the story they are in, they have to decide is my life or the life of those around me at risk and if so what am I able to do to stop that risk, that is supposed to be part of every cops job.  There is no doctor or sister, no computer in a cop car that can say to the police right then and there, "this person has mental problems" or a way to instantly identify with certainty the driver evading or threatening officers with a vehicle.  This woman is not the first person to be shot by law enforcement officers in very similar positions who were acting in a manner to prevent harm or protect others, it will almost certainly not be the last.  

What happened is not the only possible out come that could of happened either, but DC is a very sensitive area for good reason.  Protection from threats possible of foreign origin creates sensitivity, the fact that many present in this particular area of the county happen to be those selected by the people of this nation to represent their governmental interests creates sensitivity.  Both of those coupled with the generally random and inconsistent nature of chaotic domestic terrorism that occurs in our country at times, like just recently in the DC naval shipyard, means you can't expect much tolerance of committing potentially damaging actions like Carey did, she was dangerous.  

As far as the media, no one should be surprised with the accuracy of breaking news on the spot or that these stories as they unfold are constantly changing as the picture becomes more clear.  The complete picture can sometimes never be put together, but what is believed to be there is reported on live and confusion or lack of enough information means that as the minutes, hours, days or longer go on, the story becomes more clear then when it first broke.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 10:30 am

One of her sisters finished by thanking her "brothers and sisters in blue for their support," and: "There was no need for a gun to be used; I don't know what gun protocol is in D.C., but I know what they are in New York City."

That from her sister, a retired NYPD Sergeant....

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I saw video yesterday and she could've killed one of the officers when she was turning around, not to mention many people while speeding down the street. There was a bunch of kids on a trip in that area. I don't know what the protocol is in NYC but when you use a deadly weapon like that in my city you get shot.

Shooting justified imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car    Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car  Empty

Back to top Go down

Unarmed 34 yr old hygienist shot dead by DC Police with baby in car
Page 1 of 1