Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points

Go down 
+3
GDPofDRC
Ninja
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points Empty
PostSubject: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Wand is being a bitch.

Lil Nog vs Chael then.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah what a Bitch, I like promotions more then the fighters! get fucking real.

It's a disgrace how much of shysters Zuffa are.  They argue Silva vs Sonnen isn't a fucking draw for fans.  Unreal.  The fact that they are not already giving PPV points to Silva to begin with is a fucking JOKE.  That one of he most popular fighters ever isn't someone people want to see fight, even though he won th front runner for fight of the year in his last fight, yeah, nobody wants to see Silva, it's a favor to even book him in the UFC I guess.  BULLSHIT.  They should be paying him residuals for the thousands of people who wouldn't even be MMA fans if not for Silva deciding to compete for promotions like theirs.  And White says he'd rather fire Silva then let him near PPV money, wow, Zuffa's greed wins another battle it sounds like in the war to utterly fuck up MMA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Wand is being a bitch! I like how DFW said I guess he is gonna retire. Wand calls out Chael, but he won't step up now. Bitch move! I don't see why u would hate on Zuffa GDP, unless ur still disgruntled Pride fanboy. Gimme a break!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Because I'm never gonna be a fucking blind shill for a promotion over any fighter, especially a great fighter and legend who has earned my respect and buying interest through his work.  This is a garbage deal here.  Silva deserves to be paid what he asks for, it's a disgrace to even suggest Silva needs to get lost for wanting to be part of the getting paid club, he still has a giant fan base, he still puts on exciting fights.  Sonnen is a draw as well and Sonnen vs Silva is a bigger draw combined.  What possible argument is there that that fight is not a draw?  That it would not contribute to the PPV interest in general?  But we get "No money for you, don't like it, you're fired" BS form the UFC biggest and, byyyyyyyfar, most well payed star, Dana White.  It's on the UFC to step up here and quit being the fucking crooked shady promoters they are.

I don't get what the fuck people are thinking these days.

"I'd rather uber rich Dana and the Torittla brothers get more uber rich then Wanderlei getting some PPV crumbs to have a fight with Sonnen"

Really? Anyone care to explain what my problem is for not being a fan who thinks like that?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:17 pm

I hear ya, but Wand isn't the same guy he once was. I could care less about this fight. Sonnen won't engage Wand and it will turn into a boring gnp fight with Sonnen winning 30-27. I think both guys should retire just like Shogun. Zuffa has too many has been fighters so I can see why some get a take it or leave it deal..
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Wand has a contract (and 200k base pay is pretty good for a fighter that has a losing record in 9 UFC fights), not sure where the random demand for PPV points is coming from
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Get off your high horse GNP. Just a couple year ago everyone was begging for Wand to retire, but now because he beat the Zuffa manufactured hype machine Brian Stann he deserves a PPV cut? I don't think so...the guy is 4-5 in the UFC..I am all for spreading the money around, but give it to a fighter who deserves it. Wand already has a better contract than 90% of the fighters in UFC anyway.

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Love you guys, but my perspective is 180 degrees the opposite of how you guys feel about this.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm all for things progressing to the point where the fighters are getting paid more but 200k base at this point for a guy who hasn't won back to back fights ever after 6 years with the company? Wandy is making great bank based on his results in the cage. GSP-Hendricks is selling that card anyway
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:23 pm

hmmm, nope, I still take Wanderlei before white and the suits getting paid.  Can't say I've ever been near as entertained by GSP or Hendricks as I have Wanderlei, he is the draw to an MMA fan like me.  Whatever trend the new wave of "MMA" fan wants to ride great.  I'm thankful Zuffa hasn"t degraded my interest in the sport to that point yet.

There is nothing about Silva that makes me think he should have his name dragged through the mud so shills can poop on him and his legacy because White doesn't want to pay up. Nothing about Silva that makes me think he is an unworthy or undeserving fighter of being compensated for PPV buys toady, I mean you think the fight is big enough to co-main a big PPV in a big already majorly hyped contest for years, but then turn around and say you don't get PPV cut, you don't warrant it, deal with it or your shit canned, fuck that. Clear where a fan should stand on that kind of BS.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Wand is MMA royalty and doesn't have long left. He deserves to have a bone thrown his way. Fan favorite and one of the few real fighters left in the game. I'd much rather watch him fight then point master GSP and about 80% of the "fighters" out there today.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:30 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
hmmm, nope, I still take Wanderlei before white and the suits getting paid.  Can't say I've ever been near as entertained by GSP or Hendricks as I have Wanderlei, he is the draw to an MMA fan like me.  Whatever trend the new wave of "MMA" fan wants to ride great.  I'm thankful Zuffa hasn"t degraded my interest in the sport to that point yet.

There is nothing about Silva that makes me think he should have his name dragged through the mud so shills can poop on him and his legacy because White doesn't want to pay up.  Nothing about Silva that makes me think he is an unworthy or undeserving fighter of being compensated for PPV buys toady, I mean you think the fight is big enough to co-main a big PPV in a big already majorly hyped contest for years, but then turn around and say you don't get PPV cut, you don't warrant it, deal with it or your shit canned, fuck that.  Clear where a fan should stand on that kind of BS.
cheers 

war wand
Wand gave his life and potentially his health for this, He is a shell of his prime and still a fucking fighter. I bet he would say the same and wanting to get ppv cut for being co main event against a guy who will take you down for 3 rds straight and likely not be an exciting fight that you long for isnt out of line. The way I see it he only has a few left and wants wars for the fans and if that isnt offered he wants to be compensated properly

oh and for you newly annointed fuckers watch wand vs hunto,hendo,crocop,fujita,metsger,liddell,rampage,etc etc wand and bitch shouldnt be used in same discussion
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Butterbean always came into a fight to stand and bang, but that doesn't mean he deserved more money. You're being a Wand fanboy GDP. I respect him for continuing to fight and that's it. He was a second tier fighter who got his ads kicked years ago and had to go take roids and perform in fixed fights. That's the truth and always has been. Chael would beat him down so he doesn't want the fight. He wants a guy that will stand with him. Wand is a great counter puncher so I can see why.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Give the man his points. It's Wanderlei.

Didnt know Zuffa were such cheap skates...oh wait, i did.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:03 am

Don't get me wrong...Id like to see Wand fight again. I just wanna see him in the right fight for a guy at his level. He is a legend in alot of fans minds. I still won't buy him deserving to be a shot caller now days with his record and history
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points   Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points Empty

Back to top Go down

Wand turns down Sonnen; wants PPV points
Page 1 of 1