Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV

Go down 
+3
josh200612
GDPofDRC
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV Empty
PostSubject: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Tito Ortiz signs with Bellator, meets 'Rampage' Jackson on pay-per-view Nov. 2

by Matt Erickson on Jul 31, 2013 at 8:50 pm ET
Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV 0
It had all the makings of a pro wrestling callout, but regardless of what it looked like, Tito Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has returned from retirement – and will fight Quinton Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) for Bellator MMA in November on the promotion's first pay-per-view event.

Bellator teased a special announcement from "Rampage" during Bellator 97, its "Summer Series" finale on Wednesday night in New Mexico. With boxer Roy Jones Jr. cageside, many anticipated it would be an announcement that Jackson would meet Jones in a boxing match on pay-per-view.

But Jackson pulled a surprise.

"I'm happy to be back here on Spike TV. I'm training hard, man. I'm back motivated and I found my love for MMA again. Now I'm with a reputable company that knows how to treat his fighters. It's on," Jackson said. "I'm down to fight Roy. I'm a big fan of his. I'm a big fan of that man. He's one of the best boxers of his time. But for my first fight in Bellator, I want it to be an MMA fight – and I'm going to be fighting this man coming out right now."

And with that, Ortiz's walkout music began playing. He was shown in silhouette with his trademark walkout flag over his shoulder, and he made the walk down the ramp to the cage – the first official announcement that he had signed with Bellator.

The two will meet on Nov. 2 at Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, Calif., as the main event of what is expected to be Bellator 105. A pay-per-view price point has not yet been announced by the company, but a news conference with Ortiz and "Rampage" already has been scheduled for Monday in California. Tickets for the event go on sale Saturday. The event will take place on a Saturday night – and it should be noted that Bellator's chief rival, the UFC, does not currently have an event scheduled for the same day.

"To have two of the biggest names in MMA headline our first pay-per-view is awesome," Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney stated "Rampage vs. Tito is a fight I've wanted to see for years, and to have it as our main event on our first pay-per-view is a spectacular next step in Bellator's evolution. They're both re-energized, excited and ready for a war. This will be a great fight."

Ortiz had been retired after his most recent fight, a loss to Forrest Griffin a little more than a year ago at UFC 148. That same weekend, he was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.

But lately, Ortiz has been teasing a possible comeback on Twitter. And despite six losses in his past seven fights, and just 2-7-1 in his past 10, all in the UFC, the former light heavyweight champion will return for Bellator and meet Jackson, also a former UFC light heavyweight champ – and a longtime friend and sometimes training partner.

"I fought the best of the best in the world," Ortiz said. "I've been fighting for a long, long time. We've been friends with each other, but it's time to put the friendship aside and it's time to give the fans what they want here in Bellator."

Jackson gave one final plug before the two stared each other down in the cage: "I know it's going to be one of the best fights in history," "Rampage" said.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported that Jackson was being targeted for a pay-per-view boxing match against Jones later this year. And that still may happen. But the fight against Ortiz will happen first.

Through a lengthy and ongoing court battle with former lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez, one of the points of contention has been Bellator's attempt to match an offer made to Alvarez by the UFC that included pay-per-view appearances and payment bonuses based on pay-per-view sales. Bellator at one point said it was planning a pay-per-view that Alvarez would be able to be part of – but until Wednesday, none had come to fruition.

Stay tuned to MMAjunkie.com for more on this story as it develops.

For more on Bellator 105: Rampage vs. Tito, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/tito-ortiz-signs-with-bellator-meets-rampage-jackson-on-pay-per-view-nov-2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Like I mentioned in other thread I have a couple questions. How much? Who else will fight?

I think Joe Warren fights on the card since his face is on TV every week now and maybe more known then ever. I think they go for "names" over Champions. I expect King Mo to be on the card. Also I'm sure there will be another former UFC fighter with name value that pops up on the card as well.

Again, what is the situation with Alvarez? Could he possibly be on the card? Chandler vs EA 2?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm really looking forward to see how they stack the card, it'll be tough to go bad really with the options.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:27 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm really looking forward to see how they stack the card, it'll be tough to go bad really with the options.

I wonder if they will put the Brittish Wonderboy Fraud Michael Page on the card? I still think him vs Chidi Njokuani would be a perfect fight to see if Page has any real potential.

Will we see any other fighters come out of semi-retirement?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 pm

hope Mo is fighting on the card against either Vegh or Newton. Though I also want to see Vegh rematch Newton, that was a very close fight. But I'd really rather see Mo on there against either if it can work out that way.

Volkov vs Minakov would also be awesome to get on this card.

The winner of Shlemenko vs Marshall might not have a decent opponenet to try for this card in time, unless they can get a decent enough free agent to fight on this. None really come to mind but to fall back on the MMA GOAT of EVA!! Mr. Marvelous, Melvin Manheof seems like the best choice ever for Marshal or Storm.

Ben Askren is not on this card = Buyrate through the roof!!!

Chandler vs Jansen easy. Must be put on this PPV

Same with Curran. Curran and Chandler are must see MMA. Curran vs Frodo, or Straus but preferably Frodo.

So my preference is:

Page vs Tito
Chandler vs Jansen
Curran vs Frodo
Minakov vs Volkov
Lawal vs Newton
Shlemenko vs Manheof

That is worth $$$ to see. Actually that is worth more then I think they can put together, I doubt they can stack the card this well. But something with a few of these fights or fights like it would be good. Even if you throw in the Saunders, Friere bros, or Rogers, there are a lot of exciting good fighters to put on this card and the likely Spike undercard.

Been looking forward to this for a while.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Yeah that is a card that would be worth watching. I think Rampage vs Tito should be at 220lbs since both guys are big LHW and old. Would help Rampage with not worrying about the cut as much, which has been a problem late in his career. He needs to get back on TRT as well.

I think it would be awesome if my some miracle we could get Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler 2. That would be amazing. I still love the Pitbull brothers and would like to see them on the card. That Nunes vs Pitbull fight would have fit perfect on a PPV card IMO.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:29 pm

LOL Tito is getting knocked out!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:56 pm

I guess im the only one who's actually looking forward to this matchup in particular. I've always wanted to see them go at it. It's right under Chuck vs. Hendo in dream matchups at LHW. They are both on the decline but its not like they got, say, Mark Coleman and Randy Couture to headline their PPV. They were both last seen fighting top competition...Tito has has actually looked better in his recent bouts than Rampage...and Page has been struggling with rasslers lately.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:02 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I guess im the only one who's actually looking forward to this matchup in particular. I've always wanted to see them go at it. It's right under Chuck vs. Hendo in dream matchups at LHW. They are both on the decline but its not like they got, say, Mark Coleman and Randy Couture to headline their PPV. They were both last seen fighting top competition...Tito has has actually looked better in his recent bouts than Rampage...and Page has been struggling with rasslers lately.

Good actual take.  I'm looking forward to it because I'm a Rampage fan and not a Tito fan, but I like seeing Tito fight.  It's a legends type of match at this point because anybody who knows anything knows their best championship days are behind them, but unlike the masses, I don't find not being a championship caliber fighter anymore a good enough reason to write off guys as never was been bums.  Stylistically, Page should keep it up and make it at least a bit of a slugfest so it has a chance to be pretty fun.

Seems like a lot of people really resent a good promotion like Bellator daring to even exist in the shadow of the UFC.  Just a ton of trolls came out of the woodwork to blast BFC for taking what steps they can to promote themselves forward.  Pretty sad state of affairs for MMA when people hope BFC folds from this PPV.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 pm

have they said how much the ppv will be? I'll consider buying it if they stack the rest of the card and keep it reasonably priced..

I wanna see Chandler vs Eddie Alvarez 2 co-main on this card
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Good actual take.  I'm looking forward to it because I'm a Rampage fan and not a Tito fan, but I like seeing Tito fight.  It's a legends type of match at this point because anybody who knows anything knows their best championship days are behind them, but unlike the masses, I don't find not being a championship caliber fighter anymore a good enough reason to write off guys as never was been bums.  Stylistically, Page should keep it up and make it at least a bit of a slugfest so it has a chance to be pretty fun.

Seems like a lot of people really resent a good promotion like Bellator daring to even exist in the shadow of the UFC.  Just a ton of trolls came out of the woodwork to blast BFC for taking what steps they can to promote themselves forward.  Pretty sad state of affairs for MMA when people hope BFC folds from this PPV.

In fairness, they did deserve to be blasted for that horrible TNA-like reveal of Tito. Nothing says PPV like a guy bouncing around surrounded by fans in the front row who clearly don't care that he's there LOL
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Ortiz is 1-4 in his last five fights and Rampage is 2-3. That's the headliner you want for your PPV?

Wasn't Rebney the guy saying they won't take UFC castoffs?

I can see them making this a main card fight or a co-main but this is not a main event.

I like Bellator but this is a bad business decision imo.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:01 pm

They are selling the names over the records, and they are not the only or the smallest promotion who has been doing more of that lately.  I think the fact that Rampage and Tito have a combined 50 UFC fights with less then 10 of them not being the Co-Main or Main event has a lot more to do with this booking then does their recent records.  BFC is catering to who the UFC caters to, the fans who see names above all else and don't know any better.

I'd like Curran or Chandler to headline this.

I consider a card like this, give or take a competitor or two, to have a value equal to many of the UFC PPV offerings that have rolled along the past couple of years:

Chandler vs Jansen
Curran vs Frodo
Page vs Tito
Minakov vs Volkov
Lawal vs Newton
or
Shlemenko vs Manheof

Now it is very wishful thinking to expect to see it shake down with these fights, but something approaching it would be acceptable. I have a feeling they will use TNA Wrestling PPV prices though, $34.99 a few times and once thy did $39.99.

Bellator product at it's best is worth that to me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:33 pm

OU wrote:
Like I mentioned in other thread I have a couple questions. How much? Who else will fight?

I think Joe Warren fights on the card since his face is on TV every week now and maybe more known then ever. I think they go for "names" over Champions. I expect King Mo to be on the card. Also I'm sure there will be another former UFC fighter with name value that pops up on the card as well.

Again, what is the situation with Alvarez? Could he possibly be on the card? Chandler vs EA 2?

Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV We_have_a_winner_RE_Bear_Grylls_has_caught_on-s600x250-179219
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:38 pm

really looking forward to what other fights thy announce for this now, Chandler Alvarez 2 is already past my expectations.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
really looking forward to what other fights thy announce for this now, Chandler Alvarez 2 is already past my expectations.
Yeah I wonder what else they have planned. How about CC vs Kongo rematch? CC vs Sergei? Kongo vs Sergei? Kongo vs Brett Rogers.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm think more about Bellator fights, Curran vs Frodo, Pitbull vs Awad, Mo vs Newton, Minakov vs Volkov fights like that. Ryan Martinez vs Brett Rogers would be god though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm think more about Bellator fights, Curran vs Frodo, Pitbull vs Awad, Mo vs Newton, Minakov vs Volkov fights like that.  Ryan Martinez vs Brett Rogers would be god though.
I was just adding fights me and you haven't mentioned already. I think we covered most of those already. Just throwing other fun fights out there. Kongo and Rampage are cool and Kongo wants to keep fighting, why not Kongo vs Rogers? Put the winner in the next HW tourney. I still love the idea of Chidi Njokuani vs Michael Page.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Rogers isn't fighting a big promotion anytime soon. Bellator got rid of him and then everyone killed WSOF when they were about to sign him. He done
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Just my gut feeling anyways on buys right now. I would be planning on something approaching Affliction numbers. Over 100k would be a great success, less then 50k would not meet expectations.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:34 pm

In addition to a delayed "Fight Master" tournament final between Mike Bronzoulis (15-5-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and Joe Riggs (39-14 MMA, 0-1 BMMA), the Spike TV prelims includes Terry Etim (15-5 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), a four-time "Submission of the Night" winner in his first-post UFC fight. He takes on fellow lightweight Patrick Cenoble (9-2-1 MMA, 0-0-1 BMMA), who recently made his promotional debut and fought Tony Fryklund to a split draw at Bellator 94.

In additional prelims that stream on Spike.com, UFC vet and former KOTC champion Mike Guymon (14-6-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA), who's won two of three fights since signing with Bellator, fights fellow Californian lightweight Aaron Miller (14-8-1 MMA, 2-0 BMMA), who looks for his third straight Bellator win and his sixth consecutive victory overall.

Rounding out the Spike.com prelims are welterweights Jesse Juarez (20-8 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) vs. Joe Williams (9-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA), light heavyweights Brandon Halsey (4-0 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) vs. Hector Ramirez (10-5-1 MMA, 1-1 BMMA), featherweights Joe Camacho (13-18-3 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) vs. Cleber Luciano (8-5 MMA, 1-1 BMMA), and lightweights Darren Smith (4-3 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) vs. Josh Smith (8-5 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).

Additional bouts are expected to be added in the coming weeks.

The full Bellator 106 card includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Quinton Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz
Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez - for lightweight title
Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus - for featherweight title
Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton - for interim light heavyweight title

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs - "Fight Master" tournament final
Patrick Cenoble vs. Terry Etim

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)

Jesse Juarez vs. Joe Williams
Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 am

Still think it's a mistake as the main event. You need one of your champions to be the headliner not 2 washed up fighters. They should absolutley hype the card and include Tito and Rampage in that to draw people in but not a main event imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV   Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage vs Tito headline Bellator's Debut PPV
Page 1 of 1