Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on 162 main event.

Go down 
+3
josh200612
Cu Bu
SOKO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Thoughts on 162 main event. Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:00 am

To me something was weird. Holding the belt together, making out, taunting chris to come get it, no desire for rematch, looked relieved for once. Just strange IMO the whole damn thing. By no means am I saying it was throwed but anderson could of finished chris off near the end of the first. Once Silva got up near the end of the 1st chris was somewhat gassed and looked like forest out there and silva had his number at this point but chose to play games for too long and got played himself. I hope silva wants revenge and comes back with some seriousness and humbleness and fucking fights for real. Was it that boring for him this whole time?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:55 am

Referring to post fight
Could it be anderson didnt like all the pressure and scrutiny that came with the belt?  He might have felt relieved to be done with it at that point and time.  I am sure in the coming weeks he will have deep thoughts on subject and I would guess he decides he wants the fight.

Last edited by Cu Bu on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:16 am

I don't know why people keep defending him. He got caught being "Anderson Silva".
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:38 am

Loved it. Also Chris Weidman is also toughest matchup style wise for Jon Jones. Yeah I said it...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 am

I was pissed off after a few seconds of the dancing and taunting in the first round.  I felt robbed of a main event when the fighting never actually continued from that point on.  Was pissed I bought the PPV only to have some idiot more interested in cheesing then fighting get laid out like he did.  Most pissed a fighter has made me for spending money on MMA in forever.  Weidman did what he should of done and attack the idiot when he was dancing, but Silva being a idiot really robbed not just the fans but Weidman of a quality fight and win.  That fight sucked and was a complete farce, it's nice for Weidman to get the win and success becuase he deserved it for what Silva was doing, but at the end of the day he threw haymakers at a guy that choose to put his hands down at his sides for 5 minutes and caught him.  Terrible fight. On a side note, Silva wins, I would of won about $250, he lost, being a complete idiot not fighting, I lost $50.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:22 pm

like I said he played around and got played and well put by gdp I was pissed to say the least what a joke of a fight period.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:05 pm

I wonder if Anderson would consider fighting GSP at 170 for title. He said he could make that cut. He seems like he wants a change and that's a nice change. Just a thought. But if Anderson only wants legacy type fights I could think of a couple. Anderson vs Hendo 2, Cung Le, Wanderlei, Shogun all sound fine to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:27 pm

I don't think he wants title fights anymore. I think he just wants money fights. RJJ, GSP at 178, Jones at 200 and fights like that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:57 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I don't think he wants title fights anymore. I think he just wants money fights. RJJ, GSP at 178, Jones at 200 and fights like that.

I think things will change during his time off. The emotions post fight will wear down.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:59 pm

UFC 171 Silva vs Dana
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:04 am

you can clearly tell by the interview he had before the fight he is bored as shit and tired of it all he has no motivation any more and needs real tests and he prefers his test standing. I hope he can re light that fire under his ass and finish what he started. It was as if he was hoping chris would win so he could step down. Just my opinion and props to chris for getting in his face and doing what he did, cant take anything away from the new champ.
Back to top Go down
Stone Cold Highlander

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:40 am

freakzilla wrote:

If Silva does continue I have a strong feeling he'll want to face someone like Cung Le.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Thoughts on 162 main event. MzWAwvS
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:26 pm

still wrapping my head around it, lol.
Anderson got did in by his own arrogance, but its that arrogance that makes him special.
Whether or not they rematch again, I feel Wiedman will win in a rematch. If one thing is clear now, it is that pressure fighters give Anderson the most trouble, not necessarily wrestlers, but it doesnt hurt to be one if your fighting him.
Anderson's place in history is still unchanged but man, that was an embarrassing way to get dethroned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 162 main event.   Thoughts on 162 main event. Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on 162 main event.
Page 1 of 1