Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
mannyfresh
oggy420
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox Empty
PostSubject: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:34 pm

If George Shunick’s piece on Fallox Fox and transgender athletes in MMA proved anything to me, it’s that – regardless of whether you agree with Joe Rogan’s stance on the issue (or how he chose to express that stance) – Cris Cyborg vs. Fallon Fox is a fight that FANS NEED TO SEE DAMMIT. One fighter is arguably the most devastating female in MMA, yet is also constantly accused of being a man. The other fighter is undefeated, used to literally be a man, and now calls herself “The Queen of Swords” because of course she calls herself that. In fact, I’m willing to write that Cris Cyborg vs. Fallon Fox – if it were to happen - would go down as the single greatest superfight in the history of MMA, because hyperbole is a pretty rad figure of speech that we don’t use nearly enough around here.

Well, good news, fight fans: Cyborg took a break from preparing to sacrifice Fiona Muxlow to ensure a good harvest and delivering completely pointless trash talk against Ronda Rousey to offer her two cents on Fallon Fox. As ESPN’s Josh Gross recently wrote:

“She wants to be a girl. I don’t agree,” said Santos, who for the first time in almost a year and half will return to fighting on April 5. “I think you’re born a girl, you’re a girl. You’re born a guy, you’re a guy. But I don’t choose opponents. The commission needs to check and make sure she doesn’t have testosterone.

“I’m not going to judge other people. If the commission says she can fight, why not?”

The 27-year-old Strikeforce champion tested positive for steroids following her 16-second demolition of Hiroko Yamanaka in December 2011, so that quote will inspire contempt in some people. But that’s nothing new for Santos. Because of her muscular build and aggressive fighting style, she’s been subjected to cruel, crude name calling throughout her career. She said she understands what Fox must be going through in a world in which everyone with an opinion can have access to the people they’re opining about via social media.

“People tell me on Twitter: ‘I think you have a d—.’ A lot of bad things, they say. I think people have a small mind,” Santos said.

“They don’t think a girl can punch hard like a man. I think people are ignorant. People are stupid. I don’t want to be the same as people who do that.”

Far be it from me to try to make sense out of the “make sure she doesn’t have testosterone” comment. My small mind was blown at the very notion that Cris Cyborg vs. Fallon Fox may totally happen, provided that everyone can agree on a weight class. Considering that they both fight at featherweight, this shouldn’t be too hard.

Naturally, once Cyborg expressed her willingness to fight The Queen of Swords, she returned to her regular schedule of wrestling, sparring and accusing Ronda Rousey of being protected from her by the powers that be. As she told Bleacher Report:

“I don’t want to talk trash about somebody, I want to prove it inside the cage. When she was in my weight class she said ‘I want to fight Cris Cyborg’ and when I had my last fight against Hiroko (Yamanaka) I talked to Sean Shelby, the matchmaker at Strikeforce, and I said ‘I want Ronda next.’ He said ‘no, she’s not ready for you’ and after that fight she’s talking bad about me but you guys protected her,” Santos revealed in an interview with Bleacher Report

“Because after my fight I told them I want to fight her and they said no she’s not ready for you.”

“She fought at 154 (pounds) in Judo, and I think who is running? It’s not me. I fight at 145, she fought at 145, who’s running from this fight? Not me,” said Cyborg. “People need to see the fact to see who’s running.”

The woman who refused to sign with the UFC is the person not running from this fight. Sure, why not? Normally, I’d mean that in the most sarcastic way possible, but since Cyborg vs. Fox would never, ever happen in the UFC, I’ll just accept those comments at face value and move on.

Now the only question is whether or not Fox is willing to step up and fight Cyborg. Will that happen or not, Potato Nation? And who would win this hypothetical superfight?

@SethFalvo

http://www.cagepotato.com/potential-superfight-alert-cris-cyborg-is-willing-to-fight-fallon-fox/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Who cares about 2 low level male 145ers fighting.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:43 pm

If it's a SUPERFIGHT, then everybody.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:57 pm

This ain't no superfight.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 am

The only superfights in wmma involve rousey
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 am

Cyborg would destroy Ronda "i almost got my head twisted off by Liz Carmouche and i only know one move" Rousey. So, i disagree with the post above but im sure Dana's happy the hook is in your palate.

Win win fight. Cyborg wins. She smashed someone most would agree should not be competing in the womens ranks. If she loses, she loses to someone most would agree should not be competing in the women ranks. With the Cyborg hate though, who knows the reaction if she lost, even to a man.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Id watch these two freakshows pound each other out.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:43 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Cyborg would destroy Ronda "i almost got my head twisted off by Liz Carmouche and i only know one move" Rousey. So, i disagree with the post above but im sure Dana's happy the hook is in your palate.

Win win fight. Cyborg wins. She smashed someone most would agree should not be competing in the womens ranks. If she loses, she loses to someone most would agree should not be competing in the women ranks. With the Cyborg hate though, who knows the reaction if she lost, even to a man.

You seems to think the fact that ronda finishes all her opponents with the same finish is some kind of weakness. Yet everyone knows that is what she is gonna do and no one can stop it, no one has even made it to the 2nd round.

Cyborg can keep injecting herself and fighting scrubs while Ronda continues to take out ranked womens fighters with relative ease. Has nothing to do with dana's marketing, the chick is for real, you can deny it if you want to. Just because Cyborg beat up Gina doesn't mean she will do the same to Ronda if she ever decides to step up, drop the weight by cutting down on her protein bars, and take the fight. She wan't to prove she's the best, step up and do it or continue to beat up on no name scrubs in leagues no one cares about or watches.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Cyborg has zero reason to want a belt Rousey literally ran to in order to stay away from Cyborg, especially when the promoters want to stack the deck against her by forcing her to cut to 135 when you notoriously have trouble making 145. Cyborg is the 145 champ..if the UFC wants to ignore that division..then it was their decision to cast Cyborg out..not hers. It is all promoter shit, because people just decided that this 135 division was the creme of the crop when it's really made up of girls who either got destroyed or wanted to avoid getting destroyed by Cyborg..and that includes Ronda who fought at 145 until it became time to face Cyborg.

Wolf Tickets

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Cyborg cant make 135 cause she's got so much muscle from doing steroids.

Her one loss, although her first pro-fight was by submission. As soon as Ronda gets a hold of her she's going down and getting tapped quick with an armbar.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Cyborg has zero reason to want a belt Rousey literally ran to in order to stay away from Cyborg, especially when the promoters want to stack the deck against her by forcing her to cut to 135 when you notoriously have trouble making 145. Cyborg is the 145 champ..if the UFC wants to ignore that division..then it was their decision to cast Cyborg out..not hers. It is all promoter shit, because people just decided that this 135 division was the creme of the crop when it's really made up of girls who either got destroyed or wanted to avoid getting destroyed by Cyborg..and that includes Ronda who fought at 145 until it became time to face Cyborg.

Wolf Tickets

So you're saying Rhonda is faster than Cyborg?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:31 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Cyborg cant make 135 cause she's got so much muscle from doing steroids.

Her one loss, although her first pro-fight was by submission. As soon as Ronda gets a hold of her she's going down and getting tapped quick with an armbar.

That's if Ronda can get hold of her first before getting her pretty head knocked off.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Kings is just trolling. Nothing to see here
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Cyborg smashed...i guess she's gonna rematch Coenen at the next event for the Invicta belt.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 5:28 am

that qualifies as a 'superfight' does it?

superfights aint what they used to be.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Cyborg's path to greatness has begun.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 am

dude vs dude should be a good one
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Quote :

After telling another joke, host Ariel Helwani asked Mitrione, "Why do you hate Fallon Fox so much, and why do you keep calling she a 'he'?"

"Because she's not a he. He's a he," he said. "He's chromosomally a man. He had a gender change, not a sex change. He's still a man. He was a man for 31 years. Thirty-one years. That's a couple years younger than I am. He's a man. Six years of taking performance de-hancing drugs, you think is going to change all that? That's ridiculous.

"That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak," he continued. "And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That's disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself. And the fact that Florida licensed him because California licensed him or whoever the hell did it, it's an embarrassment to us as fighters, as a sport, and we all should protest that. The woman that's fighting him, props to you. I hope you beat his ass, and I hope he gets blackballed and never fights again, because that's disgusting and I'm appalled by that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox   Potential Superfight Alert: Cris Cyborg Is Willing to Fight Fallon Fox Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1