Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who will stay champ longest?

Go down 
+4
LA
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
8 posters

Longest reign as Champ?
BJ Penn
Who will stay champ longest? Vote_lcap44%Who will stay champ longest? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
GSP
Who will stay champ longest? Vote_lcap44%Who will stay champ longest? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Spider
Who will stay champ longest? Vote_lcap12%Who will stay champ longest? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Machida
Who will stay champ longest? Vote_lcap0%Who will stay champ longest? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Brock
Who will stay champ longest? Vote_lcap0%Who will stay champ longest? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Who will stay champ longest? Empty
PostSubject: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 pm

After watching BJ dominate last night in what we can all agree was his biggest challenger it got me thinking how dominate the champs are right now. Which Champ right now do u think will have the longest reign? Really when u think about it they will probably all be champs for a while.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:27 pm

I pick GSP just cause he is young and has beaten most of if not all of his top contenders. I also think he could have a shot at 185 against Spider. BJ will also probably retire as champ I think too.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Hard to say, but Brock isn't the real champ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Then who bloody is?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:16 pm

GSP all day long
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:22 pm

If BJ stays at Lightweight he'll dominate for a good couple years.

I get the feeling GSP will get adventurous soon.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:53 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Then who bloody is?

Fedor and you know it nancy.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:11 pm

UFC Champs Wolf!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Then who bloody is?

What do u notice about all the guys in the poll? Looks like the're all UFC Champions, Fedor is not in the UFC and if Brock retains full health, I see no one beating the guy unless Fedor does sign with the UFC a year from now.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 pm

Anderson easy. Dudes lost one round to Hendo and thats it. He's already wiped out that weight class. He will retire the 185 champ imo.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Honestly I don't see any of those Champs losing anytime soon, unless there is a major signing and the only one I see beating one of those Champs is Fedor. Even Machida, in the toughest division in the World, looking human in his last fight I don't see losing. Shogun fought the perfect fight, but obviously didn't get the nod, I see Machida learning and adapting, and taking the rematch. Anderson isn't gonna lose, hell if nobody was friends I think he'd be the LHW Champ too, but that won't ever happen.. GSP please, BJ at LW nope, he'd smash Aoki, so really unless one of these guys vacates the belt to fight up, or Fedro comes in, enjoy ur Champions.

(Note: this is assuming Brock comes back healthy)
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Whwn Vitor fights Spider at 185 u guys dont think he has a shot?? I think he has a good chance although I dont think he will pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Then who bloody is?

What do u notice about all the guys in the poll? Looks like the're all UFC Champions, Fedor is not in the UFC and if Brock retains full health, I see no one beating the guy unless Fedor does sign with the UFC a year from now.

No fucking shit LA. But what else do you notice about these fighters? The other four are the clear best in their weight class, all time greats, and make up the top four in the P4P rankings(save of course Fedor), and are the "real" champs. Brock is just a star fighter given an easy road. He is a rookie wrestler in a division full of other rookie wrestlers. I seriously thought you were smarter than the Brock hype. He has five fights total in his career, isn't close to being truly well rounded, and fighting in the crap shoot HW division which there are a ton of other guys who can one punch KO you. Ya he is big, but what are you, 12? It takes more than size to win in this sport. Brock defending his title more than twice would be amazingly surprising. Even making it that far would be an accomplishment for him.

You are not 12, Brock isn't a comic book hero. Cut the crap LA. Praise Fedor, the real champion.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 pm

I even that up cause it isn't a + worthy post, the poll doesn't ask about who the best in each division are and who will lose first, can't change the poll to fit ur own perspective bro. When asked on this board which fighter has the best chance to beat Fedor, Brock won the poll by a mile, sometimes u have to leave the hate at the door and just realize the guy is good.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:08 am

It doesn't say UFC champs, it just says champs. Brock isn't the real MMA HW champ and we all know it. What I said was fine.

Why did you fuck off anyway, baby momma drama?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 am

I thought that part was obvious, but yes Fedor would be the true MMA HW Champ

I had a bunch of issues going on at the time, but in the end I like shootin the shit about MMA with a lot of u guys.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:24 am

do tell

cops...?

women...?

men....?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 am

I've been trying to avoid this Wolf, but ur girl and mom begged me to do it, I think all 3 of us learned a lot about ourselves after, Never, I mean never by the movie "One pickle two Jars"
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:05 am

What are the leading theories about his absence men?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 am

Well barring the discussion of LA dipping his bucket in two wells, and I am sure Wolf will agree with me, Fedor was very impressive on his last outing. Even if we consider most people who watch MMA didn't even know who the fuck Rogers was a year ago, we all know who he is now. The nobody who almost beat the living legend.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Well barring the discussion of LA dipping his bucket in two wells, and I am sure Wolf will agree with me, Fedor was very impressive on his last outing. Even if we consider most people who watch MMA didn't even know who the fuck Rogers was a year ago, we all know who he is now. The nobody who almost beat the living legend.

Who really knew Carwin's name a year ago? He wasn't a top ten guy till recently. Don't really think Grim was close to beating Fedor either. Clearly won the first and KO'd him in the second.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:39 pm

I may grant the point Ohio, but Fedor took some serious licks in that fight and even Wolfie admitted he got scared/nervous/whatever over that. Plus Rogers definately looked better after the loss than Fedor did after the win.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:47 pm

He did take some shots. I was a little worried with Grim's 5 sec GnP. But the Bloody nose came on the jab, which was the only one Grim got in, and it didn't even stop him from moving forward. Fedor looks terrible after every fight. HMC bloodied him up too. In fact the only fight I can think of off hand where he looked better than the other guy would be the Herring fight. Must be the Baby soft skin. lol!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:

Who really knew Carwin's name a year ago? He wasn't a top ten guy till recently.

Seen the same effect recently with Sanchez. I've seen a lot of fan lists that had him 2nd best at LW, but only after it became clear he would face Penn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will stay champ longest?   Who will stay champ longest? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will stay champ longest?
Page 1 of 1