Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bendo and his toothpick ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Bendo and his toothpick ? Empty
PostSubject: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Does Bendo really fight with a toothpick concealed in his mouth or is he just trolling ?

Is that even legal ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 pm

This isn't the first time he has done this. It's been talked about before. I thought most people knew but this point?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:41 pm

OU wrote:
This isn't the first time he has done this. It's been talked about before. I thought most people knew but this point?

If I did I must have completely forgotten about it. Guy is insane to do that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Dude also fights blind. He can't see for shit.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:28 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Diaz got wrecked on by a blind man. Laughing
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Diaz got wrecked on by a blind man. Laughing
Dude's got game. You can see him squinting often in fights. He can't see for shit.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:04 pm

OU wrote:

Its been mentioned that he rolls with them before, this is definitely the first time its come up with him having one in while fighting though. It was all over every MMA site right after the fights were over
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

Its been mentioned that he rolls with them before, this is definitely the first time its come up with him having one in while fighting though. It was all over every MMA site right after the fights were over
I talked about it on here before. He talked about it a long time ago, before he was WEC Champion. He has talked about it before. But he never directly says it but he has heavily implied it in the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Ali wrote:
Does Bendo really fight with a toothpick concealed in his mouth or is he just trolling ?

Is that even legal ?

No it's not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Is that even legal ?

No it's not.

I figured.

Could this be worse than what Margarito did by putting plaster in his gloves ?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Ali wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Is that even legal ?

No it's not.

I figured.

Not even close. At best he gets a small fine because at the end of the day the only person who's health is at risk is his own by doing this. Only he stands to sustain injury because of having a toothpick in his mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Is that even legal ?

No it's not.

I figured.

Not even close. At best he gets a small fine because at the end of the day the only person who's health is at risk is his own by doing this. Only he stands to sustain injury because of having a toothpick in his mouth.

I am talking about if the picture is legit.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Yeah I just saw that thread. I seriously doubt it's legit. Also, Washingtons SAC issued a statement saying they won't be investigating because apparently they have no rules pertaining to toothpicks in people's mouths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Ludo wrote:
Yeah I just saw that thread. I seriously doubt it's legit. Also, Washingtons SAC issued a statement saying they won't be investigating because apparently they have no rules pertaining to toothpicks in people's mouths.

Devils Advocate though say Ben did punch with the toothpick pointed out of his fist, isn't that basically a weapon ? Especially if it pierced the eye.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Is that even legal ?

No it's not.

I figured.

Which is why i doubt he has a toothpick in his mouth just to have a toothpick is his mouth. Maybe he thinks he's Razor Ramon and feels cool having a toothpick in his mouth while fighting, but more than likely he's up to no good carrying a toothpick in his mouth. I just wonder what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Is that even legal ?

No it's not.

I figured.

Which is why i doubt he has a toothpick in his mouth just to have a toothpick is his mouth. Maybe he thinks he's Razor Ramon and feels cool having a toothpick in his mouth while fighting, but more than likely he's up to no good carrying a toothpick in his mouth. I just wonder what it is.

Bendo and his toothpick ? 2676638_o
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Well if he trains with it in there and grapples with it in there and has made a habit of it why change what isn't broken? It could be a superstition thing for him, like a gameday ritual or some shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Is that even legal ?

No it's not.

I figured.

I remember he had an interview years ago where he talked about the toothpick. I talked about it with someone here not too long ago(Ludo maybe?) but even then I couldn't find the exact interview, but there are others where he mentions the toothpick. Anyways he talks about how for some reason it helps him stay calm and helps him with his breathing. He even mentioned that while in chokes he focuses on the toothpick somehow to remain calm. This was before he was WEC Champ. He picked it up the habit from someone.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 pm

About a year ago Kenny Florian was on FUEL talking about when he brought Bendo in for training and Bendo had the toothpick.
Kenny Florian during the Fuel Postfight:

Quote :
I actually brought Benson Henderson out to help me prepare for Clay Guida when I was about to fight him… you saw Benson, he had a toothpick in his mouth… he actually trains with a toothpick in his mouth. We were rolling and we probably trained, sparred for about 45 minutes to an hour, and he took a toothpick out of his mouth, I’m like ‘what are you doing?’ He had the toothpick in the whole time we were sparring. He may have even fought with it, who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Aren't refs suppose to check for foreign objects in the mouth before they enter the cage ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Ali wrote:
Aren't refs suppose to check for foreign objects in the mouth before they enter the cage ?
they check the mouth piece. They don't bust out a flashlight and check the corners of their mouths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
they check the mouth piece. They don't bust out a flashlight and check the corners of their mouths.

Frankly they should, I'd also suggest introducing cavity searches.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Frankly they should, I'd also suggest introducing cavity searches.

Someone get Burt Watson a pair of rubber gloves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bendo and his toothpick ?   Bendo and his toothpick ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bendo and his toothpick ?
Page 1 of 1