Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who do you think Bendo should fight next?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Who do you think Bendo should fight next? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 am

Personally, Gilbert Melendez is at the top of my list. For the past several years he has been and still is the top flight contender at 155.

Option two is Anthony Pettis, IF he defeats Donald Cerrone. If not Gil, this would make sense, be good enough to earn back that shot and set up the rematch. If Cerrone wins, I think he would be back at the doorstep but not in the title fight. It's still fresh in my mind how bad the guy who was beat up by Bendo beat him up. He should fight Alvarez if he beats Pettis.

Who do you think Bendo should fight next? Tumblr_li6mfg34dc1qbboako1_400

A UFC 156 victorious Jose Aldo. If Aldo beats Edgar, he could pass everybody and be the first two division champion in the UFC thus sealing his fate as the greatest guy EVA! If he fought Bendo then Pettis/Cerrone winner vs Melendez.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 am

I actually wouldn't mind any of these scenarios-

1. Anthony Pettis if he beats Cerrone
2. Melendez vs Alvarez with the winner getting a shot
3. Jose Aldo if he beats Edgar and moves up
4. Gray Maynard with 1 more win
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:36 am

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t19798-ufc-fox-5-who-should-they-fight-next
OU wrote:
Benson Henderson- Gilbert Melendez if not then Pettis if he beats Cowboy.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I heard Gray Maynard will be out for a while
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I heard Gray Maynard will be out for a while
Where you hear that? Last I heard it was just 3-5 weeks.
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/15/2867349/gray-maynard-injury-update-knee-surgery-ufc-155-mma
Quote :
Maynard will visit with his doctors and undergo the knee surgery next week, and the recovery time is only expected to be 3 to 5 weeks total before he can get back in the gym.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:30 pm

IF Anthony Pettis beats Donald Cerrone in January then I would like to see a rematch next. I'd also like to see Gilbert Melendez vs. Eddie Alvarez on the same card with the winners meeting each other later in the year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Ali wrote:
IF Anthony Pettis beats Donald Cerrone in January then I would like to see a rematch next. I'd also like to see Gilbert Melendez vs. Eddie Alvarez on the same card with the winners meeting each other later in the year.
I'm good with Pettis vs Bendo and Eddie vs Gil. But that is assuming Pettis wins and everyone is injury free. I'm also fine with Gil vs Bendo. Whichever fight they can get booked first.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Really doesn't matter to me. I'm down for any interesting fights in this division
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Really doesn't matter to me. I'm down for any interesting fights in this division
No preference? Out of Gil, Eddie, Pettis and Aldo, you have a preference?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Maynard needs to win a fight or two(depending on who he fights) to get a shot at the belt again. I have no objections to Pettis getting a shot if he gets through Cerrone. Donald needs to string two or three wins together after the beatdown Diaz put on him. Gil I have some reservations about given his performance against Thomson, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to him getting an instant title shot over Pettis if he's brought over soon enough given the longevity of his reign in Strikeforce against some legit opponents.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 pm

My preference for watching purposes would be Aldo. All of those fights are awesome though, give me whatever
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:38 am

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/strikeforce-champ-gilbert-melendez-likely-to-get-quick-title-shot-in-ufc
Quote :
"(Melendez will) probably come right in and get a title shot," White said. "Again, we'll see."
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:22 am

When Showtime KOs Cowboy with an axe kick, everyone will be screaming for him to get the next shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:24 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
When Showtime KOs Cowboy with an axe kick, everyone will be screaming for him to get the next shot.
I'd still be just fine with Gil getting first shot. People hate on Gil for his last fight but besides the Joe KO, Pettis won a SD vs Jeremy Stephens and lost to Clay Guida in his last 3 fights.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:36 am

Going 4-1 if he beats Cowboy with wins over the champ and Joe is more than enough to warrant a title shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Going 4-1 if he beats Cowboy with wins over the champ and Joe is more than enough to warrant a title shot.
Bendo fight was 2 years ago now. He only fought once in 2012. There are more to the numbers. He barely got past Stephens who is 0-2 since that fight. Not as great as it seems.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:53 am

I'm still shocked that Cowboy is the favorite in the Pettis fight. That just seems insane to me.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 pm

OU wrote:
I'm still shocked that Cowboy is the favorite in the Pettis fight. That just seems insane to me.

Ring rust, and Cowboy is no pushover even for a guy as athletic and talented as Pettis. Cowboy isn't a half bad striker himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think Bendo should fight next?   Who do you think Bendo should fight next? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you think Bendo should fight next?
Page 1 of 1